+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Athletic Enhancement Endowment

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Re: Athletic Enhancement Endowment

Quote Originally Posted by techdrummer View Post
    Thanks spoiled, but I was referring more to this part of the arrangement. Any info on that?

I have been working on this since the new fiscal year for the university began July 1. I have sent a couple of emails to Bruce V. asking him to first get info on the terms of the endowment from the Foundation and then contact me with their top 3-5 needs. I have not heard back from him as of yet, but will now pursue the topic again since opening day is over with and he has been very busy with the start of the season.

I still plan on polling for the way the money should be spent here on BBB.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

I post an update of the balance right after the end of each quarter. Here are the numbers after 3rd quarter of '08:

3rd Quarter 2008 Update on the Athletics Enhancement Endowment:

As of 3/31/2007 the balance is $ 20,700. A total of 3 people have contributed.
    As of 6/28/2007 the balance is $ 21,200. A total of 3 people have contributed.
    As of 9/30/2007 the balance is $ 22,130. A total of 5 people have contributed.
    As of 12/31/2007 the balance is $ 25,870. A total of 6 people have contributed.
    As of 03/31/2008 the balance is $ 28,981. A total of 7 people have contributed.
    As of 06/30/2008 the balance is $ 36,875 . A total of 8 people have contributed.
    As of 09/30/2008 the balance is $ 36,965 . A total of 8 people have contributed.

The $21,200 balance on hand at the end of June '07 is what is being used for the July '08 payout.

The $36,875 balance on hand at the end of June '08 is what will be used for the July '09 payout.

I post an update of the balance right after the end of each quarter. Here are the numbers after 4th quarter of '08:

4th Quarter 2008 Update on the Athletics Enhancement Endowment:

As of 06/30/2008 the balance is $ 36,875 . A total of 8 people have contributed.
    As of 09/30/2008 the balance is $ 36,965 . A total of 8 people have contributed.
    As of 12/31/2008 the balance is $ 38,733 . A total of 8 people have contributed.

The $21,200 balance on hand at the end of June '07 is what is being used for the July '08 payout.

The $36,875 balance on hand at the end of June '08 is what will be used for the July '09 payout.

No one contributed during the 4th quarter of '08. The $520 added came from my Tech blanket and scarf sales.
    Last edited by Tech78; 01-11-2009 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Last amt. missing blanket sales

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    I post an update of the balance right after the end of each quarter. Here are the numbers after 4th quarter of '08:

4th Quarter 2008 Update on the Athletics Enhancement Endowment:

As of 12/31/2008 the balance is $ 37,485 . A total of 8 people have contributed.

No one contributed during the 4th quarter of '08. The $520 added came from my Tech blanket and scarf sales.
    When I renew my LTAC donation in a week or two I am going to designate $100 to go to the athletic enhancement endowment. Any updates on where the money is going?

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    When I renew my LTAC donation in a week or two I am going to designate $100 to go to the athletic enhancement endowment. Any updates on where the money is going?

Thanks for supporting the endowment!!

The survey that was conducted on BBB back in the summer supported spending the money towards a new ticketing system. I was told that the implementation is imminent.

One day the endowment will be large enough to make standalone purchases for the department...

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    Thanks for supporting the endowment!!

The survey that was conducted on BBB back in the summer supported spending the money towards a new ticketing system. I was told that the implementation is imminent.

One day the endowment will be large enough to make standalone purchases for the department...
    Awesome. Thanks. It will be next week when I renew my LTAC donation.

I renewed my LTAC membership and designated $100 of my donation go to the Athletic Enhancement endowment. I always do my donation in monthly installments so I am not sure when or how they will add my contribution to the endowment, but it should be there at some point.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I renewed my LTAC membership and designated $100 of my donation go to the Athletic Enhancement endowment. I always do my donation in monthly installments so I am not sure when or how they will add my contribution to the endowment, but it should be there at some point.
    Excellent. I think it is a great idea to swing some money toward an endowment whenever you give to Tech. Helps Tech now, and helps ensure there will be income down the road.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Tech78,

I am kinda the guy who tries to rally the DFW Dawgs and I would like to host a golf tournament this spring and the money raised go into the endowment.

What I would really like to see is it become a LA vs. Texas tournament, so my question is how many Louisiana Alums would come over to play golf one weekend????

I would love to see the winner take home a trophy and get to host the tournament in their state the next year and get a fun rivalry that would spark all these Bulldogs in DFW.

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Tech78,

I am kinda the guy who tries to rally the DFW Dawgs and I would like to host a golf tournament this spring and the money raised go into the endowment.

What I would really like to see is it become a LA vs. Texas tournament, so my question is how many Louisiana Alums would come over to play golf one weekend????

I would love to see the winner take home a trophy and get to host the tournament in their state the next year and get a fun rivalry that would spark all these Bulldogs in DFW.

Just another suggestion for a fundraiser...

I was in a Spring/Summer league for softball here in Atlanta and one of the events we had was a 9 pin Strike tournament.

We held it on a Saturday in the Summer when people were looking for a cool place to go in the middle of the day to have fun. The Alley donated the lanes but they made money from all the beer and refreshments that they sold to the participants(+people had to pay their shoe rental). We charged like $20 per participant(3 games). It was a fun way to gather and an easy way to have a fundraiser. There were also split pot raffles during each game for the pin winners.

I think we made about $1,500.00 but these were just some people associated with softball. I would hope a Tech Alumni event might draw even more people.

* 9 pin Strike for those that don't know is that if you get 9 pins down - it counts for a strike. It encourages more participation because the competition is not as serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Excellent. I think it is a great idea to swing some money toward an endowment whenever you give to Tech. Helps Tech now, and helps ensure there will be income down the road.
    That and I think Tech needs to work on its endowment situation. Our endowment (not just talking about athletics) is really lacking. The best I can tell our endowment is at about 39 million. ULL has an endowment of about 93 million. We got work to do guys.

Tech78,

I suck at golf but I love to play. I would be willing as long as my poor performance didn't count against my state. A four man scramble and I could get quite a few people involved.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

That and I think Tech needs to work on its endowment situation. Our endowment (not just talking about athletics) is really lacking. The best I can tell our endowment is at about 39 million. ULL has an endowment of about 93 million. We got work to do guys.
    It's hard to find up-to-date numbers. Last year when I looked it up we had about $65 million and ULL had about $120 million. Like everyone else, though, school endowments have been hit hard by the economic downturn, and according to the latest Tech Report, our endowments have suffered a net DROP of several million dollars over last year.

But you are absolutely correct: we need SERIOUS work on our endowments. As I've said on here many, many times, schools that are growing have either significant endowments or are strongly anchored to a growing metropolitan area. Tech has neither at the moment. Until we have a significant presence in Shreveport and get serious about growing our endowments, we will be treading water. And if we continue to do neither and the state budget situation continues to spiral, we could REALLY be looking at dark times. Trudging along and relying on government handouts might have been sufficient for growth in th 1960s, but those days are long since over.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    It's hard to find up-to-date numbers. Last year when I looked it up we had about $65 million and ULL had about $120 million. Like everyone else, though, school endowments have been hit hard by the economic downturn, and according to the latest Tech Report, our endowments have suffered a net DROP of several million dollars over last year.

But you are absolutely correct: we need SERIOUS work on our endowments. As I've said on here many, many times, schools that are growing have either significant endowments or are strongly anchored to a growing metropolitan area. Tech has neither at the moment. Until we have a significant presence in Shreveport and get serious about growing our endowments, we will be treading water. And if we continue to do neither and the state budget situation continues to spiral, we could REALLY be looking at dark times. Trudging along and relying on government handouts might have been sufficient for growth in th 1960s, but those days are long since over.
    There is no telling how old my info is. It is definately hard to find up to date information. I agree that it is an area that Tech needs to work hard on.
    Last edited by detltu; 01-26-2009 at 02:32 PM.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Tech78,

I'm sure that Dwayne's Duffers would come over there and show you how it's done.

Hopefully HD and his crew will come over and collect a sleeve of tennis balls at the end. :icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread