+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Athletic Enhancement Endowment

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Athletic Enhancement Endowment

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    I'm sure that Dwayne's Duffers would come over there and show you how it's done.

Hopefully HD and his crew will come over and collect a sleeve of tennis balls at the end. :icon_wink:
    That would be fun, wouldn't it? Especially the HD part.

Remember, Boys & Girls Club tourney April 24 . . this year at Pine Hills in Calhoun.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    That would be fun, wouldn't it? Especially the HD part.

Remember, Boys & Girls Club tourney April 24 . . this year at Pine Hills in Calhoun.
    Uuuhhhh..... not sure I can make that one.

I have to get my car's oil changed that day.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Uuuhhhh..... not sure I can make that one.

I have to get my car's oil changed that day.
    Now, what kind of remark is that????
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

..... washing my hair???

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

I post an update of the balance right after the end of each quarter.

1st Quarter 2009 Update on the Athletics Enhancement Endowment:

As of 3/31/2007 the balance is $ 20,700. A total of 3 people have contributed.
    As of 6/28/2007 the balance is $ 21,200. A total of 3 people have contributed.
    As of 9/30/2007 the balance is $ 22,130. A total of 5 people have contributed.
    As of 12/31/2007 the balance is $ 25,870. A total of 6 people have contributed.
    As of 03/31/2008 the balance is $ 28,981. A total of 7 people have contributed.
    As of 06/30/2008 the balance is $ 36,875 . A total of 8 people have contributed.
    As of 09/30/2008 the balance is $ 36,965 . A total of 8 people have contributed.
    As of 12/31/2008 the balance is $ 36,965 . A total of 8 people have contributed.
    As of 03/31/2009 the balance is $ 37,982 . A total of 9 people have contributed.

The $21,200 balance on hand at the end of June '07 is what is being used for the July '08 payout.

The $36,875 balance on hand at the end of June '08 is what will be used for the July '09 payout.

Make your donation by June 30 if you want to help Tech Athletics starting with the summer of 2010 payout.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    It's hard to find up-to-date numbers. Last year when I looked it up we had about $65 million and ULL had about $120 million. Like everyone else, though, school endowments have been hit hard by the economic downturn, and according to the latest Tech Report, our endowments have suffered a net DROP of several million dollars over last year.

But you are absolutely correct: we need SERIOUS work on our endowments. As I've said on here many, many times, schools that are growing have either significant endowments or are strongly anchored to a growing metropolitan area. Tech has neither at the moment. Until we have a significant presence in Shreveport and get serious about growing our endowments, we will be treading water. And if we continue to do neither and the state budget situation continues to spiral, we could REALLY be looking at dark times. Trudging along and relying on government handouts might have been sufficient for growth in th 1960s, but those days are long since over.

Looking at some endowment stuff and found this report from last year: http://www.nacubo.org/documents/rese...arketValue.pdf

We aren't on there but Some other schools are and if you use the 65 million number you gave me Tech would rank 8th in the WAC and last in the C-USA. ULL and ULM didn't report but Mcneese did at 50 million in Endowments. Centenary is at 118 million as of 2008. I suspect Marshall is at the bottom of the C-USA with around 85 million. From those who report and figuring ULL is still way ahead of us we would rank 6th in the State in Endowments behind : Tulane, LSU, Loyola, Centenary, and ULL.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    Looking at some endowment stuff and found this report from last year: http://www.nacubo.org/documents/rese...arketValue.pdf

We aren't on there but Some other schools are and if you use the 65 million number you gave me Tech would rank 8th in the WAC and last in the C-USA. ULL and ULM didn't report but Mcneese did at 50 million in Endowments. Centenary is at 118 million as of 2008. I suspect Marshall is at the bottom of the C-USA with around 85 million. From those who report and figuring ULL is still way ahead of us we would rank 6th in the State in Endowments behind : Tulane, LSU, Loyola, Centenary, and ULL.
    Thanks for the info.

The last good numbers I had for ULL had them at ~$120 million and ULM at ~$30 million.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Thanks for the info.

The last good numbers I had for ULL had them at ~$120 million and ULM at ~$30 million.
    I would like to see us make a big push to get to 100 mil similar to what tulane did to get to a bil. Engineering and science has the Techs BEST program but I don't think they do a very good job of promoting it. They have been getting some new chairs and professorships though.

Champ Tech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to beholdTech78 is a splendid one to behold Tech78's Avatar

Bringing this back to the Athletics Enhancement Endowment, how about we work to get this thing to $50K by June 30?

I'll fill the year in later...

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    Bringing this back to the Athletics Enhancement Endowment, how about we work to get this thing to $50K by June 30?

I'll fill the year in later...
    I think you should go ahead and fill in 2010 for that.

Reminder -

Still time to get a donation in for the endowment before the end of June. Good idea to get donations in before June 30 if you want the money to start paying out at the earliest possible date. Tech benefits whenever the money is deposited however. Endowment donations count towards LTAC membership.

This year's payout is calculated based on the principal of $36,875 on hand June 30, 2008 with the target percentage of 4% for $1475 to be available to Athletics in July '09.

The money in an endowment must be on hand at least 12 months before a payout is made so whatever the balance is at the end of a fiscal year (June 30) will be the basis for the payout for the fiscal year 12 months later (July 1). The percentage payout is variable, but is targeted to be approx. 4% per year.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech78 View Post
    Reminder -

Still time to get a donation in for the endowment before the end of June. Good idea to get donations in before June 30 if you want the money to start paying out at the earliest possible date. Tech benefits whenever the money is deposited however. Endowment donations count towards LTAC membership.

This year's payout is calculated based on the principal of $36,875 on hand June 30, 2008 with the target percentage of 4% for $1475 to be available to Athletics in July '09.

The money in an endowment must be on hand at least 12 months before a payout is made so whatever the balance is at the end of a fiscal year (June 30) will be the basis for the payout for the fiscal year 12 months later (July 1). The percentage payout is variable, but is targeted to be approx. 4% per year.
    I always donate my entire LTAC contribution to this. I believe this is a great cause to insure the long-term success of our athletic programs. I believe everyone should give a portion to this and other endowments across campus every year to help sustain the university.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    I always donate my entire LTAC contribution to this. I believe this is a great cause to insure the long-term success of our athletic programs. I believe everyone should give a portion to this and other endowments across campus every year to help sustain the university.
    +1

That is funny, I was planning to make the exact same post.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

im real slow. the link in post #14 didnt work anymore.

how do i contribute?

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    im real slow. the link in post #14 didnt work anymore.

how do i contribute?
    I just wrote in the Comments section that I wanted X dollars to go to the Athletics Enhancement Endowment. Other than that its just like making a regular LTAC donation.

+ Reply to Thread