+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scelfo the guy - Beder Blogs

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Scelfo the guy - Beder Blogs

A new entry has been made in Scott Beder's Blog:

New Louisiana Tech football coach Derek Dooley has found an offensive coordinator and it is a name familiar to area fans.

Dooley will hire Frank Scelfo to run his offense. The 47-year-old Scelfo earned both his undergraduate and masters degrees from then Northeast Louisiana University and was the 1981 NLU Athlete of the Year.

Scelfo has spent the last 11 years at Tulane, including the past seven as the Green Wave offensive coordinator. Scelfo's offenses are known for their wide-open passing schemes and produced some of the most prolific numbers in Tulane history.

Scelfo tutored quarterbacks Shaun King, Patrick Ramsey and J.P. Losman -- all high NFL draft picks.

The New Iberia native, who coached at River Oaks from 1985-86, produced Tulane's all-time passing leader (Ramsey), all-time rushing and all-purpose yardage leader (Mewelde Moore) and all-time touchdown receptions leader (Roydell Williams).

Scelfo, who was on the open market after his younger brother and Tulane head coach Chris Scelfo was fired following the 2006 season, was rumored to be headed to Louisiana-Lafayette.

With Scelfo aboard, Dooley now has five members of his staff assembled. Ed Jackson, Conroy Hines and Petey Perot were retained. Former Presbyterian College head coach Tommy Spangler is expected to become the defensive coordinator.

Expect an official announcement on Scelfo and Spangler in the next few days.

More...

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Re: Scelfo the guy - Beder Blogs

I rate this hire a 9/10 for recruiting, but a 7.25 for scheme.

Varsity Bulldog bayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around here

I forgot he coached at River Oaks.

I

Puppy indian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeindian71201 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

This is awesome for you guys! I mean a former ULM athlete and coach to try to correct your offensive woes. What's next Bobby Staub to replace JO and Jim Cofer for DR.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Anybody have anything good to say about Scelfo? I think it might be a good fit, return us to the Air Tech days, and be good for recruiting. Cajun's are gonna be pissed they thought they had him on "lock".

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by indian71201 View Post
    This is awesome for you guys! I mean a former ULM athlete and coach to try to correct your offensive woes. What's next Bobby Staub to replace JO and Jim Cofer for DR.
    Probably so, they'll leave that shithole monroe for greener grass.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    possible transfer ??? http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=202&p=8&c=1&nid=1755672

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

bout' time you guys returned the favor :icon_wink:

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

I am impressed with your ability to troll within 27 minutes of Scott's post.

However, your humor was terrible. You are not a funny person. More red for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    our boy Z sent this info to me. Said Tulanes prob wasnt putting up numbers, but, keeping others from doing the same. Stats seem to back that up.

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data....php?year=2000

Varsity Bulldog bayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around here

http://www.yogwf.com/viewtopic.php?t=16326

Interesting thread on Tulane Board about his brother and his LSU interview. What is of interest is the numbers on how many Tulane players were natives. I didnt realize they were so high. I suspect his brother might have played a role in that.

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

Thank you..... I dont have to see that damn hb draw again....

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Frank Scelfo's last 3 QBs have gone to the NFL. That has got to make the Tech QBs and QB/WR recruits very happy to know that Scelfo is our OC!

Don't confuse Frank with his brother (who is going from head coach to OL coach). We've got the much more talented of these two coaches. Great hire Coach Dooley!

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

I have not forgotten how Scelfo and his staff completely ran down Tech and Ruston during the recruiting period after their stay in Ruston. It was completely classless.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Is this the guy who stole Patrick Ramsey from us?

+ Reply to Thread