+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2006

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Numbers are in! Did you hear Dr Cohen?

1200 stations, worldwide. Temps were adjusted for urban heating! We are talking about tempature, this isnt subjective folks.

Warmest year, tied, on record.

Every state in the United States, above average. 50 out of 50.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Re: 2006

I don't think there are many people that don't believe in global warming. I think it is the cause of global warming that people are arguing about. I'm not convinced either way.

There are many people who believe we were coming out of an extended period of colder years when records started being taken in the late 1800's and we have been on a warming trend ever since that has nothing to do with humans/greenhouse effect. These same people believe eventually we will have many years in a row of temperatures slowly dropping much like they have risen the last hundred years and that we will repeat the cycle until the end of time.

I have not done hardly any research on the subject and would venture to guess most on this board know more than I do. But from reading the threads we have had on here in the past I havent seen evidence to convince me either side is right.

Puppy Security seems to have something between the earsSecurity seems to have something between the earsSecurity seems to have something between the earsSecurity seems to have something between the earsSecurity seems to have something between the earsSecurity seems to have something between the ears Security's Avatar

I haven't done any research either.

My gut feel is that this warming was going to happen with or without us. What concerns me more about all the greenhouse emissions and whatnot is that we are probably using up all of our petroleum and will run out pretty quickly, like in our lifetime or in our kids' or grandkids' lifetimes. I think that is the bigger issue.

What if the temps were going the other way and glaciers were forming again? Then what?

And hey, wasn't most or all of the middle of the United States ocean floor at one time? What if we are in a cycle to where we are warming up enough to have that happen again? Maybe having the new Jerusalem in Utah isn't such a bad idea afterall.

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

Doesn't much feel like any global warming going on tonight. It's supposed to be low teens in Russellville, AR tonight. Also heard a major portion of California's fruit crop has been wiped out by a hard freeze.

Oh, there's no doubt it was warmer in 2006 than normal. No denying that. In fact the last 3 or 4 years have not been all that cold. Climate change occurs and there have been periods of time over several million years that we've had warm spells for several years.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

It's true! Monkeys can evolve!

EVOLVING
    Bush administration stances on global warming and other environmental issues appear to have evolved over the last year, starting with the president's 2006 State of the Union address, when he called U.S. addiction to foreign oil a serious problem that required more spending on new technologies.
    After years of skepticism and calls for more research into the causes of global warming, Bush acknowledged last summer that humans exacerbate the problem.
    His administration also is considering designating polar bears, whose icy habitat has been melting in recent years, as an endangered species. That could pressure the government to impose tougher measures to avoid global warming.
    Snow suggested the president was sticking to his emphasis on voluntary steps to curb emissions.
    "The president believes in doing everything in our power to use innovation and the power of innovation to achieve people's goals of having cleaner energy and abundant energy," he said.
    (Additional reporting by Deborah Zabarenko)

+ Reply to Thread