+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More Steroid Talk

Varsity Bulldog farright3030 has turned a few heads around herefarright3030 has turned a few heads around here farright3030's Avatar

More Steroid Talk

Does anyone find it funny that when someone is suspended in baseball, they are ripped by everyone, yet a football player can be busted for steroids and be considered for MVP awards? Shawne Merriman(sp?) has been a guest on halftime shows and been named All-Pro, but Mark McGwire is being treated as if he is the Anti-Christ himself.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Re: More Steroid Talk

I find that very interesting myself. I've heard several times in the last week how Merriman was snubbed for mvp. HELLO!! He missed 4 games b/c he tested positive for steroids. I have my own theory, but I won't discuss it on here.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Merriman was let off the hook too easily. His name should never have been considered for MVP and he should be ineligible for the pro-bowl. That said, McGwire is crucified by baseball fans, not football fans. Baseball fans are very protective of their records and they didn't want to see the HR record broken by a cheater. If you think it's been bad for McGwire, just wait until Bonds is in his spot.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

I can't stand Bonds, but I think by the time he comes up all the steroid talk will be forgotten about. He's got at least five years.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    I can't stand Bonds, but I think by the time he comes up all the steroid talk will be forgotten about. He's got at least five years.
    For baseball's sake I hope you're right. I'm starting to adopt the let them all in or keep them all out. If McGwire and Bonds aren't worth of the hall, take them off the record books.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Merriman was let off the hook way too easily.

He should be thankful he doesn't play for a big market team.

Varsity Bulldog farright3030 has turned a few heads around herefarright3030 has turned a few heads around here farright3030's Avatar

Mentechsters,

McGwire and Bonds have failed as many drug tests as you have.

Quote Originally Posted by farright3030 View Post
    Mentechsters,

McGwire and Bonds have failed as many drug tests as you have.

true.

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Does anyone find it funny that when someone is suspended in baseball, they are ripped by everyone, yet a football player can be busted for steroids and be considered for MVP awards? Shawne Merriman(sp?) has been a guest on halftime shows and been named All-Pro, but Mark McGwire is being treated as if he is the Anti-Christ himself.
    Mark McGwire has been vilified because when he went before congress, he did the worst thing he could do: nothing. "Not commenting," as he put it, did two things. First, it made him look guilty even though he admitted nothing. Second, it made him look like he wasn't a stand up guy. Either admitting something or categorically denying everything would have been better than what he did, in my opinion.

McGwire also broke THE record in baseball. I don't have to tell you how baseball is a numbers game. Individual records are held sacred in baseball, not nearly so much in the NFL. No one gives a crap who has the most sacks in a season. But the single season home run record is the holy grail of baseball, and people care if someone "cheated" to break it.

As for Merriman, I don't think he should've been considered for the All-Pro team or the Pro Bowl. He wasn't seriously considered for the MVP either...any casual NFL fan will tell you he's not even the MVP of his team much less the league. But yes, he has been let off the hook to some extent.

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    Mark McGwire has been vilified because when he went before congress, he did the worst thing he could do: nothing. "Not commenting," as he put it, did two things. First, it made him look guilty even though he admitted nothing. Second, it made him look like he wasn't a stand up guy. Either admitting something or categorically denying everything would have been better than what he did, in my opinion.

McGwire also broke THE record in baseball. I don't have to tell you how baseball is a numbers game. Individual records are held sacred in baseball, not nearly so much in the NFL. No one gives a crap who has the most sacks in a season. But the single season home run record is the holy grail of baseball, and people care if someone "cheated" to break it.

As for Merriman, I don't think he should've been considered for the All-Pro team or the Pro Bowl. He wasn't seriously considered for the MVP either...any casual NFL fan will tell you he's not even the MVP of his team much less the league. But yes, he has been let off the hook to some extent.
    I understand why McGwire is having the trouble he is having, that's why this thread was started. Again, he has not failed any tests, Merriman has.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

If Bonds fails the official test this season, blast him

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I MLB fails to test all players this season, blast MLB administrators!

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

I understand why McGwire is having the trouble he is having, that's why this thread was started. Again, he has not failed any tests, Merriman has.
    You say he hasn't failed any tests...I ask, has he taken any?

Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    You say he hasn't failed any tests...I ask, has he taken any?
    None of us would know that, which is weird that someone could accuse someone else of steroids when it is not even known whether he has been tested.

None of us would know that, which is weird that someone could accuse someone else of steroids when it is not even known whether he has been tested.
    McGwire sat in front of the nation in Washington D.C. and was asked more than once, "Did you use steroids?" The two responses he used were "I'm not here to discuss the past" and "I'm here to be positive about this subject."

I think he did...just my opinion. If you asked me, "Dude, did you egg my house?" and I responded with, "Yo, Farright, let's just be POSITIVE," what would you think?

At least Merriman addressed his situation, answered questions, and served a suspension. At the end of the day, that's all the public wants...some level of accountability.

+ Reply to Thread