+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

iPhone

Apple is taking over the world.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: iPhone

I saw that they are already being sued by Cisco systems for use of the name iPhone. You know things are crazy when you get sued just for talking about what you might name your phone.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

We were talking about this at work today. All the geeks up there can't wait.

600 bucks with a two year contract? Kiss my pasty white tail, Steve Jobs.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    We were talking about this at work today. All the geeks up there can't wait.

600 bucks with a two year contract? Kiss my pasty white tail, Steve Jobs.
    And there's really not much on there that isn't on a Treo or other pocket PC phone. Prettier interface and more memory. Well, I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes...I'll wait 'till the first round of people get tired of them and put them on eBay.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

the phone runs OS X and gives access to the full internet...as well as a wide screen iPod.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    the phone runs OS X and gives access to the full internet...as well as a wide screen iPod.
    It's not just a phone, it's a "revolutionary phone". It seems "neat", but not $600 and a two year contract with Cingular neat.

I guess I'm just not the market for this phone. I like OS X, have an iPod, and enjoy techno-toys. But $600? They must be talking with whomever decided the pricing on the PS3.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the ipod technology. The phone will be able to receive updates when docked to the computer just like an iPod. I'll keep my cheapo phone b/c I can't afford one, but I do think it'll be pretty sweet.

Apple was rich before the iPod...now, their incredibly rich (about to ship the 100,000,000th iPod). I think the iPhone could experience similar success.

Champ Jen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really niceJen_Leigh is just really nice Jen_Leigh's Avatar

There are 2 different prices i thought i read there are the 499 4 gb with the two year contract as extra . . . the 599 one is with 8 gb I really like them Im a mac person but I do not want to go to cingular so i'll deal without it!

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

IPHone, cool that it's an all in one phone...but I just use my phone to talk on it. Cool that the face of the phone is a touchable screen, but I would hate to whip off the grease from your face ever time you use it...and over time the face will be scratched up on the way how most ppl handle their phone these days.

The web browser part is cool that you can see the full layout of a webpage and click on to the section to blow it up...but you'll prob have to pay extra for the ability to log on to the high speed network, meaning more $$$ out of your pocket...I have browsing capability on my phone, but never use it...prefer to go home and use my pc or get on my laptop. It's just easier to use a keyboard and mouse to surf than pressing your finger on a screen.

In the cellphone industry, most ppl change phones apprx ever 2 years....600 dollars is a lot to shell out for a phone. Also, what if Apple makes a bigger better ipod? For the techno geek who wants the latest, will one carry around a iphone and the latest ipod on the market? You'll prob have to invest in pants with bigger pockets to hold everything.

The iPhone is neat...but for me it will be too clunky to put up to my face and use it as a communication device. Motorola on the other hand...they revolutionized cellphones by making it thinner and smaller. I use my phone daily for work and for my every day communication...it's ideal for a phone to be small for mobility.

Puppy bigtex has turned a few heads around herebigtex has turned a few heads around herebigtex has turned a few heads around herebigtex has turned a few heads around here bigtex's Avatar

I'm in the telecom industry and I tested much of the equipment in cingulars network, particularly the data side. Some things to note about the iPhone is that it does not support 3G data rates, only 2.5G. That means that your going to get the equivalent of a 56k modems worth of data. Second is that cingualrs data coverage aint the greatest. Unless you in a large metro, forgetaboutit. Third, apple is not allowing third party companies to develop software for it. Jobs still does not get it that you cannot entirely monopolize a product and make money. Look at the original mac. Mac OS only worked on Mac hardware and developers were left out. Nobody needs a computer that has no software. Here we are 20 years later and again Jobs can't get the business model right. Besides, for $600 I can get 30 Moto Razrs, duct tape them together and get the same data rates if not better. And from the business user's perspective you get no linking into Outlook or other commonly used business apps. You'd be better off buying a bag-phone from 1980. It would be about the same size as this guy.

Varsity Bulldog dogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the rough dogtrooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
    I'm in the telecom industry and I tested much of the equipment in cingulars network, particularly the data side. Some things to note about the iPhone is that it does not support 3G data rates, only 2.5G. That means that your going to get the equivalent of a 56k modems worth of data. Second is that cingualrs data coverage aint the greatest. Unless you in a large metro, forgetaboutit. Third, apple is not allowing third party companies to develop software for it. Jobs still does not get it that you cannot entirely monopolize a product and make money. Look at the original mac. Mac OS only worked on Mac hardware and developers were left out. Nobody needs a computer that has no software. Here we are 20 years later and again Jobs can't get the business model right. Besides, for $600 I can get 30 Moto Razrs, duct tape them together and get the same data rates if not better. And from the business user's perspective you get no linking into Outlook or other commonly used business apps. You'd be better off buying a bag-phone from 1980. It would be about the same size as this guy.
    i know there are plugins for the ipod that allow you to sinc with microsoft's business management tools (outlook, entourage, etc.) i imagine they would also work on the iphone, but i'm just speculating.
    i just want to see one in person before i make a call on it. the interface is über slick, and i'm stoked about it running OSX.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Me, I'd string a wire between two tin cans and talk on that before I put even one penny into Al Gore's pockets. OOPS, I forgot; algore invented the internet; right ??

Jobs will be dang lucky if he stays out of jail on the stock options backdating charges, jmo. Notice -- algore has tried to sweep this under the rug, to no avail.

"Apple is also facing other legal jeopardy, as the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Northern District of California confirmed Jan. 12 that it is investigating how Apple accounted for backdated stock options.

In a Dec. 29, 2006, filing with the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC), Apple disclosed the results of a board internal investigation into backdating. It found that an October 2001 board meeting at which 7.5 million options for Jobs were granted never actually took place and that the options weren't officially granted until December of that year. Backdating the options grant date to October, though, gave Jobs an instant paper profit of about US$20 million because Apple stock was selling for less in October than it was in December.

Apple said it would restate $84 million in earnings from 2006 to accountfor more than 6,400 backdated stock option grants made between 1997 and 2002.

"The board of directors...has complete confidence in Steve Jobs and the senior management team," stated Al Gore, the former U.S. vice president and the Apple director who chaired the special internal investigative committee."

http://reseller.co.nz/reseller.nsf/n...25726600821830

Me, I suspect Jobs is going to jail.

jmo

What say you ??

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Never mind about Steve Jobs stock options problems, Buy Apple Computer Stock ASAP!!!!

Apple Computer reported today that it has developed computer chips that can store and play music inside women's breasts.

This is considered to be a major breakthrough because women are always complaining about men staring at their breasts and not listening to them.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Ok, so who ponied up for one??

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Not me...I rather use my iMacheapbasterd phone. Throw it around, drop it, etc...I don't feel too bad about it.

+ Reply to Thread