+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iPhone

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: iPhone

Interesting read about i-devices here:

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...172800495.html

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

I think the newest iPhone was made to convince people that the phone that they really need is an Android.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Bump...

Why are more people telling me to get an IPhone than other smart phones? Why are the others so inexpesive to purchase out right vs. the IPhone?

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

I love the larger screen size of my Samsung Galaxy IV being as I use my phone as a computer very often. Apple has been reluctant to do this even though consumers want this. I also love the live widgets. Too many other features to mention...

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Bump...

Why are more people telling me to get an IPhone than other smart phones? Why are the others so inexpesive to purchase out right vs. the IPhone?
    Because it's cool and everybody's doing it.

Champ ITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond reputeITdrummer has a reputation beyond repute ITdrummer's Avatar

Bump...

I have been a user of both iPhone and android. I will recommend to no one an iphone. It's all personal preference.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ITdrummer View Post
    I have been a user of both iPhone and android. I will recommend to no one an iphone. It's all personal preference.
    yeah but you are a computer nerd making the right decisions based on the technology. It has nothing to do with technology. It's all about what current fad is the cool thing to do. When you lose sight of that, it means you are getting old.

I had a college student a couple weeks ago tell me I was cool because I was dressed like a beatnik...a style decision I wasn't aware I had made that day, but ok. I asked her, is that a good thing these days? She asked if I knew what that meant. Her friend said, uh, I'm sure he knows what a beatnik is...and then proceeds to tell me to ignore her. She's just excited because she had just learned that word. Then I blew their minds when I told them I'm a percussionist.

Ok I'm done.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I've had my iPhone (same iphone) for almost 3 years. I have thought about upgrading to new version, but there is nothing wrong with my current phone. To me it is user friendly. One place to purchase apps. My mother-in-law has a Samsung Galaxy, and other than the size, I see no reason to switch. I'm sure if I had the Galaxy for a couple of months, I'd be use to it.

Old iPhone = 3G
    Samsung Galaxy = 4G
    Faster is much better if you use your phone as a computer.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

It's very intuitive and user friendly for the non-tech person (of which I am certainly one). I don't know which group you fall into MD. We bought my dad a droid based phone and he couldn't make it do anything. He had the iPhone figured out after a few minutes. I'm sure the droid phones are great, but the iPhone is EASY. They are also popular (which beatniks hate!) which means that it is easy to get accessories and service on an iPhone. I will say that I downgraded from a 5 to a 4 (not a 4s) when work decided to provide me a phone. I would recommend getting the latest phone if you can because it will be useful longer. Whenever apple decides to quit producing updates for your phone, you're just out of luck.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Thanks guys. I found a 4S for a good price from someone I trust. No new contract needed which is the best part for now.

Next question regarding insurance. I won't insure this phone since I don't have much invested in it, but have any of you purchased insurance outside of your phone service provider? If so what are the details?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Thanks guys. I found a 4S for a good price from someone I trust. No new contract needed which is the best part for now.

Next question regarding insurance. I won't insure this phone since I don't have much invested in it, but have any of you purchased insurance outside of your phone service provider? If so what are the details?
    I don't think you need insurance. I purchased insurance for my iPhones 3G and 4S and never needed it so I didn't purchase any insurance for my iPhone 5. I've never had a problem with any of my iPhones (knock on wood). I guess it wouldn't apply to you, but I'm pretty sure there is a manufacturer's warranty.

I also agree with what JL said. "Intuitive" is the word I use to describe the iPhone. iPhones are very easy to use for non-Tech folks. However, I would recommend a Samsung or LG to someone with bad up close vision because you can get bigger screens with those phones. The iPhone screen is small compared to the others.

I was thinking insurance for my son in case he loses it or drops it in the lake, commode, or some such...

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We purchased the basic Apple Care insurance after my wife and I had some software issues with each of our phones. When I do upgrade, we will have the full Apple insurance on both phones due to the distructive nature of a 4 year old and 20 month old. We don't "let" them have the phones, but somehow they get hold of them.

+ Reply to Thread