+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: iPhone

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: iPhone

I think my brother-in-law is getting one.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

I played with a co-workers new iPhone today. Very sleek looking externally -- really much more impressive than I was anticipating. The interface was very nice, as was the screen quality. The on screen keyboard was really annoying. Maybe you get used to it. The call quality seemed to be way below average. Not what you'd expect for $600.

They really do look very cool. If someone gave me one, I'm sure I'd enjoy it. Until then, I'll stick to my Treo.

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

I finally broke down and bought and iPhone, then my brother-in-law bought one the next day, and then I talked my wife into getting one later that day. It way more than lives up to the hype. I didn't think it would, but I have been thoroughly impressed with it.

My phone died, and I went into the store and asked the girl for the cheapest phone they had. Ten minutes later I said "F it, give me the iPhone!"

I might have even convinced a coworker to buy 2 for his 2 sons for Christmas.

Puppy vivicitajp is an unknown

i love apple products. i have the 30 GB ipod and it's just amazing and very useful. Now i want the ipod nano.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

This is my first BB&B post from the new iPhone. I am really impressed with this thing.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty View Post
    This is my first BB&B post from the new iPhone. I am really impressed with this thing.
    Is it worth it?

Champ splicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of lightsplicer is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Is it worth it?
    Absolutely! Of the non-standard phone apps, I probably use Maps the most. It uses Google Maps, and allows you to search for a phone number, and call it without dialing anything. Full internet is awesome too. I'm not stuck with just "mobile" sites.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

A friend of mine went through 4 or 5 units before he got one that worked, but he really likes it. I am looking forward to the technology maturing and having more options. Apple, in my experience, does a great job of marketing slick-looking, poorly made products.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Reportedly the 3G version is coming next year...that plus better business mail/calendar (exchange) connectivity and I'll be all over it. They sure are pretty!

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rus-La View Post
    Is it worth it?
    So far, I have my issues, but it is definitely worth it. The maps have helped tremendously already. This is the first time I've had good mobile capabilities with my gMail account. The actual iPod part is amazing. It is easier to play songs on my iPhone then it is my actual PC. All that and I can watch youtube videos while I'm pooping.

I do have to say that this is my first go at an iPod. So perhaps I may be a little awed right now, but I can definitely tell you that this blows what Sony Ericsson has out of the water.

I also want to mention that you can buy a discounted phone with a 2 year contract, sell that phone on eBay and then buy the iPhone. This helps with the initial cost without extending the contract period.

I haven't had any trouble out of mine, and I'm pretty hard on phones. I work in the oilfield, and have my phone on my in 20 degree weather, up to 120 degrees. Nothing has hurt it yet.

I did buy a rubber cover and screen protector for it though. I figure if I'm spending that much on a phone, then I better protect it.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

how is the actual phone side of it? good reception? good call quality? etc?

Call quality is good. The speaker is loud enough, I usually turn it down. Three-way calling is super-easy, and convenient. The speaker phone is plenty loud.

I have had the phone lock up a couple of times on me, and have to be rebooted. Rumor is that quasi-GPS is coming with the next software update.

BTW - This is the first phone I've had that has regular software updates. That's cool, because Apple is responding to the hackers and adding the most popular apps (well, they're rumored to be adding them).

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Apple was rich before the iPod...now, their incredibly rich (about to ship the 100,000,000th iPod). I think the iPhone could experience similar success.
    You know, jl, I think you might just be right!

+ Reply to Thread