+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: iPhone

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    We purchased the basic Apple Care insurance after my wife and I had some software issues with each of our phones. When I do upgrade, we will have the full Apple insurance on both phones due to the distructive nature of a 4 year old and 20 month old. We don't "let" them have the phones, but somehow they get hold of them.
    Was that insurance less expensive than what AT&T offers?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was around $70 for the life of the device (as long as I own it of course). That only covers software issues and provides tech support. Does not cover loss or breakage. Had I gotten the full coverage, I think it is $150 for the life of the device and covers software and breakage. Water damage is not covered as far as I know. I think it is $50 of $100 for the first replacement phone and $0 for the next. Not sure what the insurance cost is with AT&T, but I think it was almost $150 per year per device with Verizon. That seems like I remember it correctly, but I could be wrong.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Lindsey dropped her incompletePhone in a cup of Orange Juice and was told that it's not covered under Apple Care. Avoid it. If you think that he'll be that rough on the phone, then purchase either the otterbox or lifeproof box.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to be safe, you may consider AppleCare, AT&T insurance, Otterbox, and bubble wrap.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Okay, I'm about to get serious with this IPhone thing and start using it for something other than a telephone. My question is about my email account...

I have a personal hotmail account (mostly business)
    I have an aol account (family stuff and the one we've had forever)
    I also have a comcast account that I've never used (paying for this one)
    I also think I have a yahoo account that I've never used.

Should I used outlook with one of the above? What is the easiest to use with a smartphone? Does this even matter?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Okay, I'm about to get serious with this IPhone thing and start using it for something other than a telephone. My question is about my email account...

I have a personal hotmail account (mostly business)
    I have an aol account (family stuff and the one we've had forever)
    I also have a comcast account that I've never used (paying for this one)
    I also think I have a yahoo account that I've never used.

Should I used outlook with one of the above? What is the easiest to use with a smartphone? Does this even matter?
    Go to settings > mail, contacts, calendars > add account

Then add all your email accounts.

Your Mail app will combine all of your inboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Go to settings > mail, contacts, calendars > add account

Then add all your email accounts.

Your Mail app will combine all of your inboxes.
    Thanks.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Now, get a Twitter account.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Twitter's for twits.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I get more news and Tech info from twitter than anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I get more news and Tech info from twitter than anywhere else.
    That's were my son gets most of his Tech info. I've nearly always read about it here by the time he gets the tweets.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

If an athletic department isn't using twitter as a recruiting tool, it's WAY behind in the process.

http://m.brownsvilleherald.com/sport....html?mode=jqm

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

That's were my son gets most of his Tech info. I've nearly always read about it here by the time he gets the tweets.
    Yeah, carrying around your laptop can be cumbersome.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Yeah, carrying around your laptop can be cumbersome.
    I have an iphone now. I continue to get the most current Tech news on BBB. Your best Tech news source...

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I have an iphone now. I continue to get the most current Tech news on BBB. Your best Tech news source...
    Best Bulldawg Bulletins
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread