+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rattay mentioned by Houston Sports media.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Re: Rattay mentioned by Houston Sports media.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Suckup never said that the Saints should get Tim and get rid of DB. He may be disagreeable, but he's no flamer.

Brees is no better than Rattay, Brees got a chance to play and Rattay has not.

What he said.

Actually, we don't know for sure, but I've had several conversations this year with Tech/Saints fans who have said that they are similar in many ways. Until Tim gets behind a decent OLine we will never know for sure.

Guys, it is time to get honest with ourselves. Brees got his shot because he obviously has shown something that Tim never did. It obviously has nothing to do with the tale of the tape because both are about the same size. I would guess that Brees has a little stronger arm with accuracy being comparable. I dont know what the big difference is, but there has to be one for Tim to hardly play during his NFL tenure, and Brees to be a starter in the League after only sitting on the bench for two seasons. Let's not get carried away with maybes and the ifs. I think Tim would be a solid starter in the League, and with a good team, he could be good. I dont think he will ever be a Brees, though.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

That's just it, you THINK, but you don't know. To say that DB is a better QB is no more accurate than saying Tim COULD be as good. We simply don't know. Fate has moved in DB's favor and not in Tim's. I just hope that we get to see how much potential Tim has at some point.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

That's just it, you THINK, but you don't know. To say that DB is a better QB is no more accurate than saying Tim COULD be as good. We simply don't know. Fate has moved in DB's favor and not in Tim's. I just hope that we get to see how much potential Tim has at some point.

You sure are in a mood today. You must have gotten pulled over while taking your kids to school.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    You sure are in a mood today. You must have gotten pulled over while taking your kids to school.
    If I did, I would tell Mr. Dudley Do Right Dirtydawg. 56 in a 55 and you favor two years in Angola.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Not only do I think, but it looks like coaches/GMs from a few different teams think it also. Tim could be as good as Brees, but you have to prove it for it to be known. If Tim never gets to prove it (his fault or not), I have to assume that he isn't.

What coaches and GMs from a few different teams? Gruden? He's an idiot who cost his team a playoff spot by sticking with a rookie who ANYBODY could tell was not getting the job done.

Give Shottenhiemer (sp?) much of the credit for DB's success. Just a few years ago, DB was being called a HUGE bust. DB being picked up by the Saint's was a stroke of luck. Nobody was overly excited about him other than the fact that he would be much better than what they had. He turned out to have what should have been an MVP year. Nobody expected that. Also, nobody expect the Saint's Oline to be as good as they were. Things just worked out for him and NOTHING has gone Tim's way so far.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

dhussdawg may be in a bad mood, too, but both contributors are speculating. People who followed Tech closely mostly will believe he would have done as well as Brees if he had been grabbed by the Saints rather than Brees. I imagine ALL Tech fans would love to see Tim starting for a really good team. We don't a vote on draft day or trade day!

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

What coaches and GMs from a few different teams? Gruden? He's an idiot who cost his team a playoff spot by sticking with a rookie who ANYBODY could tell was not getting the job done.

Give Shottenhiemer (sp?) much of the credit for DB's success. Just a few years ago, DB was being called a HUGE bust. DB being picked up by the Saint's was a stroke of luck. Nobody was overly excited about him other than the fact that he would be much better than what they had. He turned out to have what should have been an MVP year. Nobody expected that. Also, nobody expect the Saint's Oline to be as good as they were. Things just worked out for him and NOTHING has gone Tim's way so far.

Drew saved himself in San Diego. The Chargers drafted a QB in the 1st round (Eli then the trade for Rivers). Brees stepped up his game and performed better than expected after that pick. It may be argued Brees kept Rivers on the bench. More and more 1st round QBs are ending up starting in their first season. Injury and surgery may be how the Saints lucked upon Drew Brees. The Saints were taking a HUGE chance with Brees before the season started. Looks like it payed off.

As for Tim in SF, the coaching change may have hurt him more than anything. The 49er's make a QB their #1 pick and pretty much immediately give him the starting job. Tim rightfully gets it back for part of the season but Nolan didn't wan't Tim in the first place. That team was just bad too. I do wonder how Tim would have done in SF this past season with the running game Frank Gore gave Alex Smith. Having a solid running game in the NFL does wonders for the passing game. I will not say Alex Smith was terrible, but I think Tim could have made them a better team. Same with the Bucs this year except this season the Bucs running game was horrible. Tim made that team better though.

Obviously, the Saints saw something in Brees to give him the contract he got. We will see if Tim gets similar offers this offseason. Then, we will see what those in the NFL think.

Enough with this, I hope Tim does well and proves that he can be as good as Brees. Until he does, you can only assume that he cannot. It would be like saying Jeff Garcia could have been as good as Joe Montana with the 49ers of the '80s, pure speculation. If you haven't done it, I cannot assume that you can.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Obviously, the Saints saw something in Brees to give him the contract he got. We will see if Tim gets similar offers this offseason. Then, we will see what those in the NFL think.

Enough with this, I hope Tim does well and proves that he can be as good as Brees. Until he does, you can only assume that he cannot. It would be like saying Jeff Garcia could have been as good as Joe Montana with the 49ers of the '80s, pure speculation. If you haven't done it, I cannot assume that you can.
    Is that what people mean when they tell me I can't admit I'm wrong?

Varsity Bulldog dogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I envision Tim getting a "Kurt Warner" chance if he hangs around another 3 years. If he can back up a starter like who frequently gets hurt (like Bulger of the Rams) he could come in with a decent team and play well to prove to everyone that he has simply not had a fair chance. It is safe to say that he chips just has not fallen his way in his career. The potential is there because the last few games with the Bucs have shown it. I feel sorry for the guy. I sat right next to him in my Education 475 class. He's a very quiet and nice guy. He deserves better and with a little more patience, he'll get it.

Varsity Bulldog suckupdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesuckupdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesuckupdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesuckupdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesuckupdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesuckupdog Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

That dumba$$ Gruden would have started Simms over Brees, anybody who thinks that wouldn't be true is a fool. And then Gruden thought that starting Gradkowski would be really cute. And the SF coach is obessed with Alex Smith. I guarrentee you that if Brees would have been in Rattay's situations, people would be saying the same things about Brees that you are saying about Rattay.

Varsity Bulldog dogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedogeatdogworld Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by suckupdog View Post
    That dumba$$ Gruden would have started Simms over Brees, anybody who thinks that wouldn't be true is a fool. And then Gruden thought that starting Gradkowski would be really cute. And the SF coach is obessed with Alex Smith. I guarrentee you that if Brees would have been in Rattay's situations, people would be saying the same things about Brees that you are saying about Rattay.

You're still missing the point. Brees had already proven he could win at San Diego. Rattay has never proved that other than at La.Tech. It is not Rattay's fault that when he has gotten the chance to play that it wasn't with decent teams but that's an excuse. In the NFL, people dont care about "what ifs" "coulda shoulda" just results.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Not only do I think, but it looks like coaches/GMs from a few different teams think it also. Tim could be as good as Brees, but you have to prove it for it to be known. If Tim never gets to prove it (his fault or not), I have to assume that he isn't.

The thing is, he has proven it. All you have to do is look at his QB rating for the few games he got to start for the pathetic 49ers. He ranked in the top ten even with the lousy support they gave him. I didn't even bother to look at the TB ratings but I would think the Chicago game would be pretty impressive. The problem is that you have to have as much luck as talent to make a splash at QB in the NFL. Case in point, NE likes Tom Brady and Tim Rattay both. A coin toss decides which QB they draft. I have got to think that Timmy would have had just as much success as Brady if he had been given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66 View Post
    The thing is, he has proven it. All you have to do is look at his QB rating for the few games he got to start for the pathetic 49ers. He ranked in the top ten even with the lousy support they gave him. I didn't even bother to look at the TB ratings but I would think the Chicago game would be pretty impressive. The problem is that you have to have as much luck as talent to make a splash at QB in the NFL. Case in point, NE likes Tom Brady and Tim Rattay both. A coin toss decides which QB they draft. I have got to think that Timmy would have had just as much success as Brady if he had been given the chance.

I agree. Also, if Tom Brady had been drafted by another team, he could have very well have taken a similar path as Rattay. Luck is a big factor.

+ Reply to Thread