View Poll Results: What Position Will Saints Choose with 1st Draft Pick?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Defensive Back

62 74.70%
  • Linebacker

13 15.66%
  • Other Defense

8 9.64%
  • Other Offense

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Saints 2007 Draft

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: Saints 2007 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    The Patriots have pick 28

Ole Mel must have typed "NO" instead of "NE". Oh well, I kinda had my hopes up that we had made some kind of deal to get another pick.

I think we definitely have to use that pick to improve the defense.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Draft Houston, the DB out of Arkansas. He's a stud.

4.32, 26 reps. As a DB.

Sick.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    Draft Houston, the DB out of Arkansas. He's a stud.

4.32, 26 reps. As a DB.

Sick.

ive seen him play a few times. he is strong and he likes to be physical with receivers. he is fast so he can make up distance when he gets beat. he gets beat a lot though, thats why his stock wasnt hot until the combine. i wouldnt take him in the first round, only in the mid to late 2nd.

Varsity Bulldog Dallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really nice Dallasbb's Avatar

I think Houston is going to be a top 15 pick. The Saints are in on the Dre Bly sweepstakes so we'll see what happens there. Since Patrick Willis is sure to be gone by the time we pick, I like that Beason kid, LB out of Miami. I don't know about his character but he's had some good workouts with the scouts.

I have a feeling the Saints are going to work something out with J Horn, although I could eat my words later. And since they resigned Billy Miller, I don't know if they'll go with a WR or a TE with their first pick. However, it's the best player on the board at the time, so that very well could be a TE or WR.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dallasbb View Post
    The Saints are in on the Dre Bly sweepstakes so we'll see what happens there.
    Looks like Dre is going to the Broncos for Tatum Bell and George Foster.

Varsity Bulldog Dallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really niceDallasbb is just really nice Dallasbb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Looks like Dre is going to the Broncos for Tatum Bell and George Foster.
    Hmmm, I'm surprised Jake the snake isn't in that package as well. Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallasbb View Post
    I think Houston is going to be a top 15 pick. The Saints are in on the Dre Bly sweepstakes so we'll see what happens there. Since Patrick Willis is sure to be gone by the time we pick, I like that Beason kid, LB out of Miami. I don't know about his character but he's had some good workouts with the scouts.

I have a feeling the Saints are going to work something out with J Horn, although I could eat my words later. And since they resigned Billy Miller, I don't know if they'll go with a WR or a TE with their first pick. However, it's the best player on the board at the time, so that very well could be a TE or WR.
    Pass me the plate...it's time to eat Thanks for the memories, Joe. Perhaps they'll work out a deal at some point but I wouldn't be surprised to see Atlanta or Tampa Bay empty their coffers for his services.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

ok, i change my mind. joey porter was just cut loose by the steelers.

sign porter and draft a cb in the 1st round!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Check out this Mock Draft. Pretty funny stuff.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2007_APR.php

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Check out this Mock Draft. Pretty funny stuff.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2007_APR.php
    Very nice. I especially like Tampa Bay's pick.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jm-nfcsouthneeds040307&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
    Team needs: CB, TE, WR, DL, QB
    Overall pick/round: 27 (1), 58 (2), 88 (3), 123 (4), 125 (4), 126 (4), 163 (5), 199 (6), 220 (7)

CB: They are armed with six picks in the first four rounds, so making a deal up in the first is exceedingly possible. Chances are, they would need to trade from pick No. 27 to the middle of the first round in order to have a shot at someone like Darrelle Revis or Chris Houston.
    TE: While making a similar trade up in the first round to select Greg Olsen would clearly solve another of the team's biggest needs, it is unlikely that they would part with multiple picks for another offensive player. Instead, the Saints are likely to pull from a decent group of second-tier prospects like Clark Harris, Scott Chandler or Martrez Milner – all possibilities between the third and fourth rounds.
    WR: The Saints lucked out with the immediate impact of last year's seventh-round pick Marques Colston. He enters next season as their go-to guy, but they are looking for depth and contributions beyond Devery Henderson and Terrance Copper. The staff likes former undrafted free agent Jamal Jones, but the team could use a fourth-round pick on a development flanker as a replacement for the departed Joe Horn.
    DL: This is still one of the strongest positions on the Saints' roster. However, they are likely to lose right end Charles Grant to free agency a year from now unless a new long-term deal can be agreed upon this summer. They re-signed veteran defensive tackle Hollis Thomas, but it would be wise to draft his eventual replacement. Tackles that fit their style would include Brandon Mebane, Trey Lewis or late-rounders like Brent Curvey or Joe Anoai.
    QB: Veteran Drew Brees was obviously a tremendous pickup for the Saints last offseason. Now, they should turn their attention to developing a young quarterback behind Brees and veteran backup Jamie Martin. They have four selections within a 40- pick range (Nos. 123-163) between rounds 4-5, so prospects that could fit their scheme include Jeff Rowe, Zac Taylor and even Florida's Chris Leak.

+ Reply to Thread