View Poll Results: What Position Will Saints Choose with 1st Draft Pick?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Defensive Back

62 74.70%
  • Linebacker

13 15.66%
  • Other Defense

8 9.64%
  • Other Offense

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Saints 2007 Draft

Puppy Good Dog33 is an unknown Good Dog33's Avatar

Re: Saints 2007 Draft

Quote Originally Posted by bigwagee View Post
    You do not trade Deuce. Reggie can not be a everydown running back.
    Why don't you think Reggie cannot be an everydown back? His weight or running style?

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

His running style and I just see a bad ankle injury for him if he was the everydown back.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I like Clements from Buffalo, he will be a FA. He has been very productive during his career. I would like to get a MLB in the draft. I think those two positions need to upgraded. I would like to see a WR in the draft too. Horn is old. Colston will be our rock for years to come, but I dont fully trust Henderson or Copper to be a number 2. Good 3 and a good 4, but not a number 2.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I like Clements from Buffalo, he will be a FA. He has been very productive during his career. I would like to get a MLB in the draft. I think those two positions need to upgraded. I would like to see a WR in the draft too. Horn is old. Colston will be our rock for years to come, but I dont fully trust Henderson or Copper to be a number 2. Good 3 and a good 4, but not a number 2.

i agree with everything hussdawg stated above. i don't see a need to upgrade at OLB with the way fujita and shanle exceeded expectations, so i would target a MLB. obviously CB is a major weakness, particularly on thomas's side. mckenzie is still an above avg CB. harper looked good at SS before the injury, and bullocks hasn't quite been the playmaker he was in college. until we get a secondary that can create turnovers, our defense will not make strides. i would also draft another WR in an early round. Trading horn wouldn't be bad from a football standpoint, but that guy is a fan favorite and has bent over backwards for the city, and he has said numerous times he wants to finish his career in NO. if i was coach, that would be a touch decision. and as discussed earlier in this thread, trading deuce would be one of the dumbest football moves ever. EVER. superbowl bound next year. WHO DAT

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    We have a list of potential CB and LB's in the draft and free agency to talk about on the show today. If anyone thinks that the Saints need to get rid of either Bush or Deuce you need to be put in a mental hospital. From what I hear Horn is gone and so is Toast(Fred Thomas).
    I agree! Keep Bush and Deuce and ditch Horn only if you have to. Besides, this is suppose to be another very deep WR draft.
    Draft defense, defense, defense for at least the first 3 rounds. CB or two ,LB , and another DT.

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    Pat Willis....Baller!!!
    Unless the Saints trade up, Willis will be long gone when they pick.

Varsity Bulldog bigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nicebigwagee is just really nice bigwagee's Avatar

They should be able to add good depth with their late pick.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

I voted for Dback but if we could find a great TE and I mean of the rare caliber I think our offense would be unstoppable. Harper was having a good year before he went down. I look for him to bounce back but we still need a shut down corner.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

At the Senior Bowl today:

Patrick Willis of Ole Miss lead all defenders with 11 tackles and was named the South's defensive player of the game.

An LB would make an interesting pick in the 1st round for the Saints. Get a proven Pro Bowl type FA for a shut down CB. And heaven knows we are way under the cap. For one, most think the CB position is harder to adjust and learn jumping from college to the pro's.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

1. Deuce is not going anywhere. Not only is he the man, but the cap hit in a trade would be WAY too high.

2. I think Joe Horn is gone. Which sucks, because he has been my favorite player since we got him, but he is due $4mil+ next year. But we're still above average at WR. Colston cant even renegotiate until next year's offseason (no rookie can), and Devery came along as a serious deep threat. Copper's alright, but I'd like to pick up Crayton maybe in FA. Or possibly Daniel Graham the TE. I was really hoping Tony Gonzalez wouldnt resign with KC, because we all know what Drew can do with a big TE.

3. Fred Thomas is gone. Has to be. I want to pick up either Nate Clements or Asante Samuel. The pats may franchise Asante to get a pick out of him though. Since Harper will be back next year, if we sign Clements, we all of a sudden went from a bottom 5 secondary to a top 5 secondary.

4. I want to draft a MLB, and also sign Donnie Edwards/London Fletcher for 2 years to play in front of the rookie. With Shanle and Fujita, that is a solid LB corps. (Yes, we'd all like Briggs, but I dont think thats happening)

5. A better back up QB, re-sign Hollis Thomas, and this team makes the Super Bowl next year.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Champ steltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the roughsteltz is a jewel in the rough steltz's Avatar

CB will be taken care of in FA. We will draft an LB.

Varsity Bulldog Junky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around hereJunky has turned a few heads around here

thinking Willis from Ole Miss, because you can go with the FA for a CB, LB is also easier to get going during the rookie season, i dont wana see a rookie CB get schooled out there. then there is a TE in the draft, and maybe a WR if they decide to get horn out, i hope not.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

When you draft in the late 20's, you don't draft for need.

Best Player Available. Always.

(Unless it's a RB)

I would like to see the Saints draft Brandon Meriweather, if he's available. Sure, he's a safety and not a corner, but the kid's a BALLER, and the Saints need one of those back there. Very Ed Reed-ish in how he seems to always be flying to the football.

Check out SI's 2006 draft pick rankings. Way to go SAINTS!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...ontent.10.html

Puppy LSuNuma1 is an unknown

I voted linebacker. I think the Saints will address CB in free agency, since that is their greatest need. I also would like the Saints to upgrade at TE if possible. I just don't like the Saints core at TE.

+ Reply to Thread