+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lovie v/s Dungy

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Lovie v/s Dungy

I admit that I was too aggrivated to watch the AFC championship. I actually stopped watching at the half when it looked as if the Patriots would run away with it. The first superbowl to feature and african-american coach will pit one AA coach against another. As a saints fan, I wanted my team in there, but I think that Lovie and Tony are both class-acts. Lovie isn't afraid to make unpopular decisions and Dungy's results speak for themselves. I hope Manning can win this game so he can finally be involved in the conversation of the best QB's ever without having that "but" come up about his play-off results.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Lovie v/s Dungy

Both great human beings and great coaching styles. I look forward to the day when the media doesn't play the race card in order to increase ratings.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I am just glad the Colts won. Patriots versus Bears would have been an unclimactic ending to a great season. I am not sure if I would have even watched that ticket. At least, I have the Colts to cheer for now. I just wish the Saints could have been there. I think this is just the beginning for the Saints, though. I have to look at the broad picture, and I am very happy when I do. I expected the Saints to win 6 games this year, so my expectations were met twofold. Next year will be a different story, though. The bar has been set high for next, especially if we can get a few guys in the draft or in FA, preferably Nate Clements and tell Fred Thomas to take a hike or be our 3rd CB, maybe.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Usually I cheer for the NFC team in the Superbowl, and usually I pull for the team who beat my team to win the championship. Both of those would suggest that I pull for Chicago. But, I really want Payton Manning to get the monkey off his back about winning the big game. He finally did it by beating the Pats (Indy has beaten NE 3 straight times).

Tony Dungy is also a great guy who deserves a lot more credit than he gets. He built a great team in Tampa and never gets the credit for it. Gruden came in and won a Superbowl with Dungy's team. Since then, Gruden has not done much besides lose, and Dungy has built another great team. I'm pulling for Indy.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Yeah, that whole move in Tampa was for more offense because Gruden was an offensive "whiz", he increased their O by a field goal. The D won them the title. Always thought Dungy got screwed, glad he finally got here.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Both great human beings and great coaching styles. I look forward to the day when the media doesn't play the race card in order to increase ratings.

ABSOLUTELY!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I don't see it as "playing the race card." This truly is historic, and it would be a shame to ignore that. They don't seem to be hyping it any more than the Manning-finally-making-it-to-the-Super-Bowl angle. They ALWAYS exploit historical angles to any sports story, and the fact that there has never been a team with a black HC in the Super Bowl is a significant historical anecdote to this Super Bowl.

Ignoring issues of race does not make them less important, and does not make them go away.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I don't see it as "playing the race card." This truly is historic, and it would be a shame to ignore that. They don't seem to be hyping it any more than the Manning-finally-making-it-to-the-Super-Bowl angle. They ALWAYS exploit historical angles to any sports story, and the fact that there has never been a team with a black HC in the Super Bowl is a significant historical anecdote to this Super Bowl.

Ignoring issues of race does not make them less important, and does not make them go away.
    Thanks. I see things all differently now that you've explained it to me.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Thanks. I see things all differently now that you've explained it to me.
    What's the matter? Can't tolerate a "diversity" of opinion? :icon_wink:

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto! And for the record I am cheering for Manning and a ring.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Whatever do you mean? He said Thank you!

I have a dream...

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

There is a difference in ignoring it and beating a dead horse. If New Orleans had made it, we would have added Katrina to the mix. That horse has been dead a long long time, and yet we still hear the same ole stuff. Yes, I know they are still having trouble, and yet, do we hear about Mississippi- they were pretty much wiped out too.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    There is a difference in ignoring it and beating a dead horse. If New Orleans had made it, we would have added Katrina to the mix. That horse has been dead a long long time, and yet we still hear the same ole stuff. Yes, I know they are still having trouble, and yet, do we hear about Mississippi- they were pretty much wiped out too.

And we will keep hearing about long after Mississippi because NO will still be rebuilding for a long time after Miss has already pulled itself up by the boot straps and gotten it done.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Two really good guys as head coaches in the Super Bowl. That's the way I'll view it.

+ Reply to Thread