+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wide Reciever in Texas

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Wide Reciever in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    So, you don't think too much of Joseph Anderson???

Great point, Johnny. You got me. :icon_wink: I forgot about Anderson.

No question, Anderson is the real deal and the pride of our recruiting class so far. As you know, he had a really good QB at Texarkana High (Mallet), so we know Anderson can catch the football.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Sounds to me like a homer opinion born of ignorance.
    Oh Johnny, say it ain't so?

Trust me dude, I know as much about football as anybody (and I know you do to)....much like you,I know what I'm talking about.

I told Conroy Hines 4 years ago to recruit a kid from McKinney High named Johnny Quinn. Hines refused to recruit Quinn because he said Quinn wasn't highly recruited enough.

So what did Quinn do at UNT? He just finished his senior year as UNT's ALL-TIME leading receiver. That's right.....I said ALL-TIME. So he was certainly good enough to play at Louisiana Tech.

HD

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I'm not saying these guys aren't good players, but to say they're better than anything we've signed thus far isn't fair. First, the only reason you know about these McKinney players is because you've watched them. You haven't watched most of the other kids we've recruited. I suggest you talk to the McKinney coach about his ability to promote his players. If these guys are as good as you claim, they should have their stuff up on Rivals and Scout. Let's wait and see what Dooley and Co. do before we crown them JBIII and co. part II. We've now got guys on our staff who know Texas very well. It may not show this year, but it will certainly be clear in the future.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

we are competing with usm, kentucky, ok st., ole miss, houston, and tulane among others for recruits.

the past 3-4 years, we had fallen to the point where we were competing with ull and even ulm to a degree.

we would not have sniffed livas, calais, anderson, cheta, broha, etc under our former regime.

on paper ( and i admit on paper doesnt mean much) this class is at least even with the last two classes. we brought in wheeler, patrick jackson, weldon brown, and anthony harrison and then we brought in william griffin, daniel porter, dennis morris, danthony smith, and antonio baker last year. we may have been sorely lacking in talent in our juniors and seniors last year, but we did have good classes the last two years with a lot of playmakers. the only good players that we have from previous classes are quin, muse, brannon jackson, and tyler miller that i can think of. kids like broha, calais, rust, anderson, and hopefully livas already make this class on par with those. getting a cheta, jones, williams, or some other big name would surely put it over the top.

Bulldog geek34 has turned a few heads around heregeek34 has turned a few heads around heregeek34 has turned a few heads around here geek34's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I believe the roster posted above vindicates me. Based on the roster above, I don't think you have much of a case anymore. HD
    http://www.mckinneyisd.net/Campuses/...roster0607.htm

Vindication!! If rosters are the "official" stat.:icon_wink: He must have grown after the Highland Park game.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by geek34 View Post
    http://www.mckinneyisd.net/Campuses/...roster0607.htm

Vindication!! If rosters are the "official" stat.:icon_wink: He must have grown after the Highland Park game.
    Ok kids. This got old really fast. To be honest it doesn't matter how tall a reciever is that we are NOT recruiting. The question is should we be recruiting him. I'm not seeing any answers. I'm just seeing HD give stats of his guy but throwing the stats out for Anderson because his QB was REALLY good (btw didn't you say we should be recruiting the McKinney QB?). Let's put our homerism aside and look at this class (we are guilty of it. even I wish we had more Ruston kids). HD one point you need to understand. You talk about Boise getting REAL football player and not just fast guys. Well their REAL football players are atleast rated on rivals and scout. These kids you are throwing at us are not. Don't stop talking about your local recruits on here. Just don't act like our class sucks because the coaches didn't think the same of these players that you did.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    Ok kids. This got old really fast. To be honest it doesn't matter how tall a reciever is that we are NOT recruiting. The question is should we be recruiting him. I'm not seeing any answers. I'm just seeing HD give stats of his guy but throwing the stats out for Anderson because his QB was REALLY good (btw didn't you say we should be recruiting the McKinney QB?). Let's put our homerism aside and look at this class (we are guilty of it. even I wish we had more Ruston kids). HD one point you need to understand. You talk about Boise getting REAL football player and not just fast guys. Well their REAL football players are atleast rated on rivals and scout. These kids you are throwing at us are not. Don't stop talking about your local recruits on here. Just don't act like our class sucks because the coaches didn't think the same of these players that you did.
    Not that I need to take up for HD, but he didn't say that at all. In fact, he said he was the pride of our recruiting class. The comment about being able to catch, as I read it, was more of a shot at our current wide receivers' ability to drop perfectly thrown balls.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post

Excellent statement. If I had to choose evaluators between the coaches and those on here that think they are evaluators, or these fan recruiting sites making the bucks listing kids that mention schools they would like to offer them but haven't to get more stars or points early, I have to go with the coaches. Stats alone don't make a player.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    we are competing with usm, kentucky, ok st., ole miss, houston, and tulane among others for recruits.

the past 3-4 years, we had fallen to the point where we were competing with ull and even ulm to a degree.

we would not have sniffed livas, calais, anderson, cheta, broha, etc under our former regime.

on paper ( and i admit on paper doesnt mean much) this class is at least even with the last two classes. we brought in wheeler, patrick jackson, weldon brown, and anthony harrison and then we brought in william griffin, daniel porter, dennis morris, danthony smith, and antonio baker last year. we may have been sorely lacking in talent in our juniors and seniors last year, but we did have good classes the last two years with a lot of playmakers. the only good players that we have from previous classes are quin, muse, brannon jackson, and tyler miller that i can think of. kids like broha, calais, rust, anderson, and hopefully livas already make this class on par with those. getting a cheta, jones, williams, or some other big name would surely put it over the top.
    Jay, if we can keep the so called quiet commitments and pick up 1-2 more we will be right there and recovered nicely during recruiting year. We have had quiet commitments before, so not unusual. In fact, can work to our advantage at times. No surprises to any of us as we new we needed a lot secondary and DL help. Appear okay on DE, but would like to see another good DT interior guy.

With the last couple of recruiting classes now being a year older and more experienced and developed, we should be able to make .500 next fall. 6-6 is a realistic expectation. Some luck and right breaks at the right time, maybe just over. Defense by end of Spring is what I want to see and my greatest concern going into next Fall.

Jay, you have been outstanding keeping recruiting thread members updated from Tech and Johnny on all those fan recruiting sites. When things were suppose to be close to the vest around Tech, we have had several members keep this restricted thread updated. I have been amazed how this thread broke most news on coaches, coordiantors, etc. first. To 28, Insider, Johnny, yourself, and others close to situations I give my sincere thanks! Keep up the good work guys! Us out of staters appreciate the good news on our athletic programs.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

I told Conroy Hines 4 years ago to recruit a kid from McKinney High named Johnny Quinn. Hines refused to recruit Quinn because he said Quinn wasn't highly recruited enough.

So what did Quinn do at UNT? He just finished his senior year as UNT's ALL-TIME leading receiver. That's right.....I said ALL-TIME. So he was certainly good enough to play at Louisiana Tech.

HD
    HD - You and Quinn should both be thanking Hinds for not listening to you. Quinn would have disappeared at Tech and never been heard from again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Not that I need to take up for HD, but he didn't say that at all. In fact, he said he was the pride of our recruiting class. The comment about being able to catch, as I read it, was more of a shot at our current wide receivers' ability to drop perfectly thrown balls.
    Exactly. Anyone who fairly evaluates the number of dropped passes Tech has had over the past couple of years should come to the same conclusion.

HD

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    HD - You and Quinn should both be thanking Hinds for not listening to you. Quinn would have disappeared at Tech and never been heard from again!
    Great point. Things did work our rather well for Johnny.

By th way OD, you're one of the guys that's been around a long time and probably remember my posts on the BB&b about Johnny Quinn.

HD

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I think you'll be pleased with our class this year HD. With what Dooley has done with a short season, I can't wait to see what he'll do next year.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

I think you'll be pleased with our class this year HD. With what Dooley has done with a short season, I can't wait to see what he'll do next year.
    I hope so. I know Dooley is working with a short stick this year because of the late start. Hell......I'm just trying to help.

I'm just tired of the short receivers that can run fast but can't catch a cold....the DB's with bad attitudes that continuously drop INT opportunities and quit the team in mass.....the DL and LB's that can't tackle a 5th grader, and the QB recruits that can't hit the side of a barn. All of this happened on Bicknell's watch.

HD

+ Reply to Thread