+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fans arrested for standing at BBall game...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Fans arrested for standing at BBall game...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_...ege-hoops.html

reminds me of one night when me and BDs03 got into a little spat w/ some folks we were standing in front of
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Fans arrested for standing at BBall game...

Look at some of the responses underneath the article.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Look at some of the responses underneath the article.
    Yes, that is the funniest part.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Wow.

Upon a few occassions, I've been asked to sit down in the TAC and there was an interesting deal made of this in Reno last year. I am thankful it hasn't gone this far. I guess I'm on the side with balance. It seems like a compromise could have been made. The article makes it sound like they tried, but I'm curious where the replacement seats were located.

Elderly, old folks should be able to see from their seats, but students should be allowed to stand. School administration should want to balance that as best as possible.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

That is quite possibly the absolute worst reason i have ever heard for being kicked out of any game...period.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

This is related, so I thought I'd post it here.

http://mb4.scout.com/futahstatefrm3....ID=19950.topic

The first post in the thread is an article that ran in the Utah State University paper. I can't find the direct link. Someone called my attention to the article on facebook. You'll notice the quote by Richard.

Where do universities draw the line between fanatical and overboard? I prefer college sports because of the atmosphere and I don't want NCAA basketball to turn into minor league NBA.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    This is related, so I thought I'd post it here.

http://mb4.scout.com/futahstatefrm3....ID=19950.topic

The first post in the thread is an article that ran in the Utah State University paper. I can't find the direct link. Someone called my attention to the article on facebook. You'll notice the quote by Richard.

Where do universities draw the line between fanatical and overboard? I prefer college sports because of the atmosphere and I don't want NCAA basketball to turn into minor league NBA.
    Good question. Let's hope the NCAA doesn't get involved, I certainly don't want them determining what's appropriate or not. Their Rules Committee has a knack for screwing up a good thing. Problems such as this should be handled at the university level.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I guess this is the silver lining to our attendence problems. I've been asked to sit down at Tech games (everyone in front of us was standing, so we had to stand to see, plus the guys yelling at us to sit down kicked beer on our seats and could easily have moved up a row or two and been fine). I usually sat with the BSU/BCM at games, but a lot of that group always stood for the whole game. I just moved up a little bit and sat behind the group. When they stood, I could still see, when I thought it was worth standing, I fit right in.

+ Reply to Thread