+ Reply to Thread

Thread: More LaTech coverage on BA!

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Thumbs Up More LaTech coverage on BA!

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/college/features/263271.html

Under The Radar
    Jericho Jones, of/rhp, Louisiana Tech

Our preseason pick for player of the year in the Western Athletic Conference, Jones might be the best player you've never heard of. He hits for power and average in the middle of a solid Louisiana Tech lineup, and he takes his quality arm to the mound Saturday against No. 7 Arkansas. The Bulldogs won't be an easy opponent for the Hogs, with Jones throwing Saturday and preseason pitcher of the year Luke Burnett (a 6-foot-8, 260-pound righthander who has hit 94 mph with his fastball) going Friday against Nick Schmidt in an under-the-radar pitching matchup.

Varsity Bulldog sportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the rough sportsguylatech's Avatar

Re: More LaTech coverage on BA!

just out of curiosity...since i didn't make any games last year (living in wm and having not a lot of money made it difficult) and jones hit really well last year, but how well did he hit the breaking ball? After watchin the first 2 games of the arkansas series it seems he struggles with those...just seemed that arkansas knew something when pitching to him...maybe just a coincidence though.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportsguylatech View Post
    just out of curiosity...since i didn't make any games last year (living in wm and having not a lot of money made it difficult) and jones hit really well last year, but how well did he hit the breaking ball? After watchin the first 2 games of the arkansas series it seems he struggles with those...just seemed that arkansas knew something when pitching to him...maybe just a coincidence though.

He hit everything last year. Granted, he saw alot of fastballs b/c nobody knew anything about him. Things are going to be tougher for him this year b/c every team's goal is gonna be not to let him beat them. What will help him is if the other guys in the lineup swing it well, then he may see more pitches. I think he'll have a great year, but I don't expect him to hit .350 w/ 16 homeruns. You've got to also remember, there's a ton of pressure on this guy to perform........and he's only a sophomore. He threw a helluva game today though.

Varsity Bulldog sportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the roughsportsguylatech is a jewel in the rough sportsguylatech's Avatar

yeah, i definetly know he's gonna have a lot more pressure on him...its tough to come in as a freshman and have a season like he did last year and then be expected to follow it up with something even better...just curious about him since I didn't get a chance to see him play any last year, or any of these guys for that matter...but from the looks of the team these last 2 days, it looks like we have the guys that can back him up in the line-up because it seems like everyone is smashing the ball 1-9...and yeah, that game today was a gem...i enjoyed every minute of it...especially hearing all of the arkansas fans shut up very early on

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Don't underestimate the desire of Jones. Barring an injury, Jones will have similar stats to what he achieved last season because he:
    1. is dedicated to working hard at being THAT GOOD consistently
    2. is confident in himself and his team and understands how to handle pressure
    3. can't be pitched around as much as he was toward the end of last season. The next guy in the Tech lineup can also put it out of the park, just like Jones.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

You have to have more guys get on base ahead of him and good next hitters behind him to make them have to pitch to him. If not, he tries to do too much. As long as a base is open, he is not going to see much of a pitch to hit unless it is a mistake. This will be an interesting year for him and rest of team.

Quote Originally Posted by Designated Hitter View Post
    You have to have more guys get on base ahead of him and good next hitters behind him to make them have to pitch to him. If not, he tries to do too much. As long as a base is open, he is not going to see much of a pitch to hit unless it is a mistake. This will be an interesting year for him and rest of team.
    If we can keep hitting like we did today then that won't be a problem at all

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

i would love to see courtney jones batting 4th behind jericho jones batting 3rd.

jones and jones, back to back home runs!

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    i would love to see courtney jones batting 4th behind jericho jones batting 3rd.

Just like my Braves, I have no problem with that!

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post

My kids and I all loved watching Courtney Jones play Sat. He became our favorite player fast. He seems to have an enthusiasm for the game that is contagious.

+ Reply to Thread