Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
you have to give a coach time to build success. it took a few years to get the field and facilities looking good in order to get recruits in. no one wants to play in a hell hole. questioning some decisions during a game is a part of sports. you could get the 10 best coaches together to watch the same game, and there will be situations where they could all disagree on what to do. that's coaching. sean payton called some plays this year that i didn't agree with, but by no means does that mean he should be fired. bb22 is not clayton meyer (someone asked in an earlier post). as for pulling mo after the 7th, he was throwing a 1 hitter thru 7 with a pitch count under 70. the only arguement would be sim could've pulled him after the two singles in the 8th, but had he gotten a double play ground ball instead of the hr, no one would even question his decision; the same could be said if sim brings someone in and a 3run hr is given up, everyone says he was pulled too soon. again, that's coaching and that's baseball. the team is behind sim. of course there may be a guy or two that isn't, as is the case with any and every team in any sport at any school, but its probably guys that are insignificant so it doesn't matter. there's no one on this board that could even sniff coach sim's knowledge of the game so i find it funny reading some of these ludicrous posts! FUNNY
Thank you for your post. I pretty much agree with everything you have said, although you'd be surprised to know who all gets on this board sometimes.