+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hot Dog - Drama Queen Razorback catcher in action

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Hot Dog - Drama Queen Razorback catcher in action

The thing is he wasn't just styling around the bases slowly with one shoulder down low or standing at the plate for a long time admiring his homer. That's what is considered showing up the pitcher. He was telling our players FU as he passed them, rounding the bases. Then he hollered it at our pitcher.
    Last edited by Tech77; 02-07-2007 at 08:16 AM.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Here's the video of Arkansas catcher Brian Walker faking getting hit by a pitch last year at Ole Miss. He did the same thing in Ruston Friday night, except he carried it even further, crawling part way toward first base. He then hit the game-wining homer Sunday and proceeded to mouth off at Moseley, who had shut the Hogs down for seven innings before the rally in the 8th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26axJdDKYWw
    Nothing wrong with Walker that a couple vats of Vagisil won't take care of.

I've been asking around, and it remains a mystery whether Moseley acted on his own with his high pitch (although it did look like the catcher knew where to find it :icon_wink: ). But I did find out that the decision to pinch hit for Jericho Jones was made before this incident.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by woopig5 View Post
    BWalk pulls the HBP thing way too often, yet it also works more often than you would think, and like this weekend, sometimes makes a difference in a close game.

Your fans started the deal in the 8th with that tired OVERRATED chant crap while Walker is hitting, and now you want to call him a baby, etc.??? You started it, Walker finished it with a three run bomb, and then Tech "bit" on his chatter which is exactly what he wanted - to get his team, which was flat, fired up. Pitcher throws at Willard, everyone starts barking, Hogs get a couple of hits, Tech makes a couple of errors...ball game.

Nice job by the students starting that tired chant.

Call him a Hot Dog, Drama Queen, Crap, whine about class\no class depending upon your perspective whatever you will...but he had a hand in beating you twice this weekend when Arkansas didn't play very well.

* HBP on Friday night and scored the winning run
    * Hit a 3 run HR Sunday to pull the UA ahead
    The reason they didn't play well is because of who they were playing!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I meant to say Walker. It was Walker who faked getting hit Friday night at least once, and perhaps twice.

I, too was told by someone very close to the Tech players that Walker told two of our infielders F*** You as he rounded the bases. As he ran between third and home he yelled it at Moseley, then finished off by saying it to Thomas, the catcher. And for what? Because Tech had dared beat Arkansas on Saturday, then came close to doing it again Sunday.

He is a piece of crap, and Arkansas should be ashamed to have him as captain.

Wade went out and complained to the ump about Walker's actions, then went to the mound and warned Moseley not to throw at the next batter. Moseley had still only thrown 60-something pitches, and Wade was not going to take him out. As most of us would have done, Moseley threw it over the head of the next batter anyway, and suffered the consequences. The Arkansas radio guy was wrong when he said Wade ordered Moseley to throw at the batter.
    According to Tommy Durrett, home plate umpire, he heard no profanity as walker approached home plate.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    According to Tommy Durrett, home plate umpire, he heard no profanity as walker approached home plate.
    Well with all due respect to him, I heard it from on top of the Arkansas dugout. And I heard it once again as he jumped out of the dugout after the near fight. I guess he must have been confused like the Arkansas mommy that tried to tell US to watch our language when all the swearing was coming from inside the dugout.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

A case of cya?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    A case of cya?
    Tommy said he gave Walker only a warning because he heard no profanity. Just passing it along.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    A case of cya?
    Personally, had I been on the mound or coaching. there would have been no throwing behind the next batter after Walker's display. Only a direct hit would have been considered satisfactory.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Personally, had I been on the mound or coaching. there would have been no throwing behind the next batter after Walker's display. Only a direct hit would have been considered satisfactory.

I can definitely agree with that. You have to demand respect after such a show, and I believe a drilling was needed.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The Hogs beat SunBelt pre-season favorite Troy 2 of 3 this weekend, winning 13-1 and 16-2, while losing the middle game of the series 13-8.

BREAKING NEWS: Brian Walker is not listed in the boxscore as having been hit by any pitches.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

BREAKING NEWS: Brian Walker is not listed in the boxscore as having been hit by any pitches.
    There is not a baseball stat for a failed attempt to act being HBP. Walker may have tried to pull it against Troy and failed.

Maybe an unsuccesful HBP attempt should have a name and a stat - I suggest it be named the BWA in college baseball - Brian Walker attempt. In MLB, it could be the CBA in honor of Biggio. However, Biggio does not usually fake it - he just moves into pitches that are close and takes it. I've seen him get hit by pitches that may have been inside strikes.

IMO, his trick should be used sparingly as the word will get around and the umps will catch on. Future opposing managers should make it part of the pregame to point out to the umpires that Walker fakes getting hit. He will not get away with it every time.

I am surprised that he attempted it against TECH in the first game of the year. Unfortunately, his attempt was successful.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    There is not a baseball stat for a failed attempt to act being HBP. Walker may have tried to pull it against Troy and failed.

Maybe an unsuccesful HBP attempt should have a name and a stat - I suggest it be named the BWA in college baseball - Brian Walker attempt. In MLB, it could be the CBA in honor of Biggio. However, Biggio does not usually fake it - he just moves into pitches that are close and takes it. I've seen him get hit by pitches that may have been inside strikes.

IMO, his trick should be used sparingly as the word will get around and the umps will catch on. Future opposing managers should make it part of the pregame to point out to the umpires that Walker fakes getting hit. He will not get away with it every time.

I am surprised that he attempted it against TECH in the first game of the year. Unfortunately, his attempt was successful.
    After seeing that Youtube video, if I were an umpire I'd pretty much have to see blood before BW would get an HBP call out of me.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I'd give anything to see UA in the regionals. I'm pretty sure Walker won't have to fake it next time.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: Hot Dog - Drama Queen Razorback catcher in action

Ditto Tech88.....I hope we meet again to end their season.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I just want to see him try that at the next level...

+ Reply to Thread