+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anybody work from home or have any suggestions?

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Anybody work from home or have any suggestions?

My first child is due in May and my wife will become a stay-at-home mom and wife. We are trying to find a legitimate work from home job for her to do part-time (maybe 3 to 4 hours a day). She currently teaches middle school keyboarding and technology applications. What she really wants to do is some kinda of typing (data entry, etc). She does not want to do any selling or talking on the phone. Does anybody work from home or know somebody who does or have any suggestions? Some of the jobs we have looked at are:

Medical & legal transcriptions (requires training)
    Data entry

We have searched cragslist.org and found different jobs like stuffing envelopes, filling out internet surveys, etc. Anybody know if these are scams or legitimate jobs?

Thanks for any help or information provided?

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Anybody work from home or have any suggestions?

bump

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post
    My first child is due in May and my wife will become a stay-at-home mom and wife. We are trying to find a legitimate work from home job for her to do part-time (maybe 3 to 4 hours a day). She currently teaches middle school keyboarding and technology applications. What she really wants to do is some kinda of typing (data entry, etc). She does not want to do any selling or talking on the phone. Does anybody work from home or know somebody who does or have any suggestions? Some of the jobs we have looked at are:

Medical & legal transcriptions (requires training)
    Data entry

We have searched cragslist.org and found different jobs like stuffing envelopes, filling out internet surveys, etc. Anybody know if these are scams or legitimate jobs?

I would check with Temporary Employment Agencies. That's a growth area. Wife could be considered as an 'independent contractor" so employer wouldn't be paying any costs beyond what a particular contract entailed. Would have to deal with many different "contracts" and pay self-employment taxes but could deduct some home expenses.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post

One of those "stuffing envelopes" jobs got heavily promoted at Tech and BRCP two or three years ago and a lot of my friends signed up. It seems like such a great job. Unfortunately, all they got for their $50 investment was a letter that explained how the scam worked and taught them how to create their own scam. Those who filed a complaint were given their money back and the scammer got to keep the money from those who were too embarrassed to file the complaint. I think there should be a criminal charge for this sort of thing, like a huge fine or something.

I know people who have signed up for the internet survey jobs with similar success, but without the slap to the face letter. Usually it said in the fine print some minimum number of ridiculously high hours you had to spend doing it or you didn't get paid at all.

Now, maybe yours are different, but that's just what I've seen in my experience. That could very well be because universities are highly targeted with scams and such.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

I have a friend who's wife ran a medical transcription business. She did quite well with it. It works mostly as an at-home job once you get a clientele. That last phrase is the key, though, you have to go out and sell yourself and get clients to make it or find someone who has so much business they'll throw some your way (the latter seems to be hard to find, though)

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I have no information on this place, but they have been heavily advertised on the radio in the DC area recently. They claim to be able to find a franchise for all levels of investment. Like I said, I have no direct dealings with them, but thought you might be interested. Of course there is always E-Bay (get clothes at a the SA or Goodwill and sell them) if this doesn't work out. Hope you find something soon.

http://www.franchoice.com/

As a last resort you can always come on the BBB once a month or so and beg for money!

+ Reply to Thread