+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Job Opening at TECH

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Job Opening at TECH

This job opening announcement was found at http://www.latechalumni.com/jobs/. I'm not sure if this has any "hidden" meaning nor do I know how long this has been posted.

Current Job Opening

The Division of University Advancement at Louisiana Tech University is accepting applications for the position of Development Officer. Reporting to the Vice President for University Advancement, the Development Officer will be responsible for increasing private financial support for Louisiana Tech University through identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of alumni and friends of the University.
    Qualifications include a bachelor's degree and experience in fundraising, marketing, sales, or related areas. The successful candidate will demonstrate expertise in utilizing the full range of contemporary communication tools, advanced computer skills, outstanding interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate well with strong writing skills and good public speaking ability, and must possess an understanding of fundraising challenges in higher education.
    Candidates should submit a letter of application, a résumé, and the names and telephone numbers of three references by mail to Vice President for University Advancement, Louisiana Tech University, P.O. Box 3183, Ruston, LA 71272, by email to lisa@latechalumni.org, or by fax to (318) 251-8324.
    Applications accepted until position is filled. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Louisiana Tech University is an AA/EOE.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Job Opening at TECH

If this thread was in the General Sports I would be excited. Maybe JOakes can transfer to this position.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaz17 View Post
    If this thread was in the General Sports I would be excited. Maybe JOakes can transfer to this position.
    In my opinion he doesn't seem to meet the qualifications.

Who was doing this job? I don't think it is a new position, unless they are dividing someone's job up.

Firejimoakes.com
    Webmaster
    Beaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the roughBeaz17 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    In my opinion he doesn't seem to meet the qualifications.

Who was doing this job? I don't think it is a new position, unless they are dividing someone's job up.
    JOakes doesn't have the qualifications to be the janitor at the TAC.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

This is a good thing. Read between the lines, but I'd say that DR knows this hire must be made regardless of what the recommendations of the consulting firm are. The fact that it is tied to the alumni association tells me it is tied to the foundation. Please let it be so.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Wow. I would love this job. If I had graduated already I would apply.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

I don't think it's tied to the alumni association cause it's also listed on the Tech page, they may just be listing it also for interested alumni.

http://www.ltadm.latech.edu/vpadmaff/employ.htm

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I don't think it's tied to the alumni association cause it's also listed on the Tech page, they may just be listing it also for interested alumni.

http://www.ltadm.latech.edu/vpadmaff/employ.htm
    I think that's a have to thing. It will also probably appear in the RDL, Times, and NewsStar.
    You may be right, but these qualifications certainly describe the position of "Athletic Fundraiser".

Qualifications include a bachelor's degree and experience in fundraising, marketing, sales, or related areas. The successful candidate will demonstrate expertise in utilizing the full range of contemporary communication tools, advanced computer skills, outstanding interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate well with strong writing skills and good public speaking ability, and must possess an understanding of fundraising challenges in higher education.

Varsity Bulldog bdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud of bdawg's Avatar

Since the opening reports to the VP of Univeristy Advancement (Corre Stegall) I would feel certain that this is a "alumni" position. But, Jimmy Hand is asked to serve two masters JO on the athletic side, and Corre on the foundation side, this person could have a dual role. Don't know if there is already a prime candiate, but there normally is in Ruston before the position is announced.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

This doesn't sound like it has anything to do with athletics.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

I'd say it has to do with nano-tech, etc., fund-raising more than anything else.

No, really, it's probably means someone will finally start going to graduation practice and giving the new grads a pep talk on how they must financially support the needs of their alma mater. In other words, your alma mater needs your green . . . regularly.

The only connection to athletics is they will probably be the one glad handing at the Tech booster parties at the away football games handing out "remember us in your will" pamphlets. The baby boomers with resources are prime candidates right now.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Any word on who yet?

If I tell you a chicken chews tobacco, you can look under its wing and find a can of snuff.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Here's a new opening!

http://www.ltadm.latech.edu/vpadmaff/vacan1278.htm

Football Recruiting Coordinator
    Louisiana Tech University is seeking to fill the position of Football Recruiting Coordinator. 12 month, full-time employment. Candidate will perform all administrative recruiting duties for football as directed by the head football coach. Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree, sound written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and be willing to handle a variety of administrative functions. Please submit letter of application, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three letters of recommendation. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Send to Derek Dooley, Head Football Coach, Louisiana Tech University, P.O. Box 3046, Ruston, LA 71272, email to lori@latech.edu or fax (318) 257-4437. LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY IS AN AA/EOE.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Here's a new opening!

http://www.ltadm.latech.edu/vpadmaff/vacan1278.htm

Football Recruiting Coordinator
    Louisiana Tech University is seeking to fill the position of Football Recruiting Coordinator. 12 month, full-time employment. Candidate will perform all administrative recruiting duties for football as directed by the head football coach. Candidate must have a bachelor’s degree, sound written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and be willing to handle a variety of administrative functions. Please submit letter of application, resume, unofficial transcripts, and three letters of recommendation. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. Send to Derek Dooley, Head Football Coach, Louisiana Tech University, P.O. Box 3046, Ruston, LA 71272, email to lori@latech.edu or fax (318) 257-4437. LOUISIANA TECH UNIVERSITY IS AN AA/EOE.
    I'm so applying for this.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    I'm so applying for this.
    Good luck, Luminaire! It doesn't state a salary range. Hopefully, it is decent.

+ Reply to Thread