+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Signing Day Photos and Write Ups

Varsity Bulldog bayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around here

Signing Day Photos and Write Ups

I always love reading about the players that sign up on National Signing Day. I am going to try to put up some links and Photos of the roster through out the evening of the links I have tracked down

Starting off with
    Joe Anderson -(No Signing Photo as of Yet)
    wide receiver Joe Anderson signed with Louisiana Tech before an overflow crowd of family members and media at the TISD Administration ......

Anderson, an all-state receiver and the first Tiger with more than 1,000 yards receiving in a season, expects to play as a freshman at Louisiana Tech.

“I like it because I fit in, and the possibility for me to start right away is very high,” he said. “That’s what they told me. The head coach told me I had a chance to start because he likes the way I play.”

He plans to be at the Ruston campus early to insure that happens.

“I’m going down there two weeks after I graduate to learn the system and the plays,” he said. “I’m going to do my best to keep from being redshirted, and as long as I show I’m ready to play it won’t happen.”

Anderson said he was also recruited by Texas A&M, Texas State and Oklahoma State
    http://www.texarkanagazette.com/arti...s/sports01.txt

Interesting to note this School had major atheltes. Including a QB that signed with Michigan

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Signing Day Photos and Write Ups

I think Anderson will be a contributor early. He's that speed guy we've been needing. If Livas will play slot, both those guys could see significant time as freshmen. I hope we use Livas in a "reggie bush" type of way. The 2007 dawgs are gonna be quick.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog bayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around herebayourant has turned a few heads around here

Terry Carter From West Monroe

Full photos of signing class from West Monroe can be found here
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/apps/pbcs...arams=Itemnr=1

Roosevelt Falls- From Atlanta Texas(NO Signing Day Photo yet)
    “Louisiana Tech recruited him as a fullback,” Scharnberg said. “They didn’t say if he will have a chance to play as a freshman, but I do know they need a fullback. He has the capabilities to be a heckuva fullback. He’s a good blocker and has great hands out of the backfield
    .”
    http://www.texarkanagazette.com/arti...s/sports02.txt

Matt Broha- From Catholic High in Baton Rouge

Broha Is Second from the Right
    Matthew Broha has committed to Louisiana Tech. A defensive end for the Bears, Broha was named to the All-District and All-Metro teams and was honorable mention All-State. He was the co-defensive player of the game in the All-Star Bowl Game.

“I like the academic program at Louisiana Tech,” commented Broha. “The football program is great and they have outstanding coaches starting with Head Coach Dooley. I also believe I will have an opportunity to play early,” added Broha. He will be playing defensive end at Tech.

Broha is the son of Kathy and Max Broha and plans to major in business
    http://www.catholichigh.org/news_detail.cfm?AID=731

Good Grief I just got a red dot.

I will put some more up If I can find them tonight.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

we are latech

Dominique Faust- From Clarke Central High School in Athens Georgia

http://www.cchsgladiatorfootball.com/

<H2>Vince Dooley’s son lands Athens standout

By Jeff Hood
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 02/07/07 06:45 AM
    Latest news
    Dominique Faust, a 6-foot, 195-pound safety from Clarke Central, will play college football at Louisiana Tech for coach Derek Dooley, son of former Georgia coach Vince Dooley.
    “I know it’s a good opportunity for Dominique,” Clarke Central coach Leroy Ryals said. “I coached together with Derek at LSU. I think this just might be a good fit.”

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sh...dooleys_s.html
    </H2>

HEre is a more detailed story from the Athen Newspaper
    <H2>Faust's future takes flight

Gladiator hopes to help out ex-Glad at Louisiana Tech

Dominique Faust's stomach fluttered when the airplane rattled.
    The Clarke Central senior's flight to Louisiana Tech for an official visit two weeks ago had a few bumps.
    "When we were in the air, the plane started shaking and I got a little nervous," Faust said. "The assistants on the plane went to check and see if something was wrong, but they said it was just some wind."
    Upon landing and meeting with Derek Dooley, a Clarke Central graduate hired as Louisiana Tech coach on Dec. 17, Faust's butterflies took flight and his future goals became clear.

The 6-foot, 192-pound Faust signed with Louisiana Tech on Wednesday. He expects to play defensive back, special teams and a "little bit of linebacker."
    Faust's rare opportunity - a Division I-A offer made after his high school career ended - stemmed from Gladiators coach Leroy Ryals' commitment to help Faust overcome off-the-field turbulence.
    Ryals, who went 6-5 in his first year at Clarke Central, benched Faust for two games because of a classroom mistake.
    Although Faust would have helped the Gladiators in their 28-21 loss to Habersham Central and their 10-9 win over Winder-Barrow, he said helping Faust was more important.
    "To be honest, I wasn't even thinking about football at that time," Ryals said. "I was thinking about him as a man, needing to grow up and develop. Sports had nothing to do with that. He needed to behave, so he could be better at life."
    Faust said he was mad at Ryals at first, but then respected the decision.
    "He's a good coach," Faust said. "He'll sit the best player down, and he wants you to do well in school. If you get in trouble in school, you don't play. I think that helped me a lot."
    Several schools looked at Faust early, until finding out his grades were low. Ryals helped motivate Faust to improve his grades this past fall, and Faust started receiving late attention from Kent State and South Florida. Ryals and Faust said Louisiana Tech clearly was the best destination.
    "I think he'll fit well in that system," Ryals said. "They're probably going to run a 4-3 scheme with a lot of safety involvement in the run game, and that will be good for Dominique. Also, I think he'll have a chance to go on special teams. The terminology will be the same as we use here, so I think he'll have a chance right away to be a contributing factor."
    When asked about trying to send future players to Louisiana Tech, Ryals said "that's up to Coach Dooley."
    "We're going to have some players, and they'll be well-mannered," said Ryals, who coached with Dooley at LSU. "I don't know how good they're going to be, but they'll do the right things and we'll strive to be the best we can be. A good thing about (Wednesday) is other kids had a chance to see Dominique sign."
    Faust had 141 tackles (91 unassisted, seven for loss), broke up three passes and returned the opening kickoff 86 yards for a touchdown against Cedar Shoals in a 24-20 regular-season win on Sept. 8. He was named Clarke Central's Defensive Player of the Year and selected to the Athens Banner-Herald's All-Northeast Georgia and Region 8-AAAA second teams.
    Although Faust is on pace to graduate, Ryals said Faust needs to increase his SAT score 20 points to qualify. Ryals is confident that can happen.
    "He's got to be cautious because there's still some work he's got to do," Ryals said. "You're happy, but you know the work's not done. If he puts his mind to it, he can do wonderful things."
    </H2>http://www.onlineathens.com/stories/...70208056.shtml
    Last edited by bayourant; 02-11-2007 at 08:52 PM.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I'm excited about the Georgia kid. Now Myke Compton has a travel buddy.

That Georgia Coach connection might be nice. A nice bit of luck Dooley Coached with him. That is a nice bed of talent there.

Kris Cavitt-(No Signing day Photo as of yet) of Mansfield Texas

, sealed and delivered
    Summit produces almost half of school districy's 21 college signees

By Mario Zavala Jr.

News-Mirror Writer

Kris Cavitt dreamed of one day signing a college scholarship for his athletic achievements at Summit High School. He never imagined it would be for what he accomplished on the football field.
    The 6-foot, 4-inch Cavitt was once a menacing in the low post for the Jaguars on the hardwood, playing basketball for his first three years at Summit. But an inability to get the kind of results he wanted and a need for more physical contact lead Cavitt to leave basketball.
    “I kind of got tired of [basketball], decided to switch over and it worked out,” Cavitt said. “It was unbelievable really. I never thought that many colleges would be interested in bringing me in.”
    Cavitt got offers from Utah State, Texas State and Missouri State before deciding to sign with Louisiana Tech on Wednesday, National Signing Day. He was one of seven Summit seniors to sign with NCAA Division I or I-AA football programs and the first in the program’s short but storied history to earn a scholarship after playing just one season of high school football.
    In its five-year history Summit has produced 37 college football signees, including 16 that have inked with Division I schools. Wide receiver Bradley Haynes (Southern Methodist) and quarterback John Chiles, who is already enrolled at Texas, joined Cavitt in adding their names to the Division I list but couldn’t help the Jaguars overtake Arlington Seguin and South Grand Prairie for the most Division I recruits in the Arlington area. Seguin and South Grand Praire totaled four Division I recruits each to lead the area......
    Cavitt’s inclusion on that list is a testament to the amount of work he put in once he stepped on the football field, said Geller. The senior defensive lineman took the criticisms he received from college coaches and worked to improve his skills throughout the summer and into football season.
    “I thought it was something I was good at and I liked it, so I stuck with it,” Cavitt said. “I really wanted that scholarship. I still can’t believe it worked out.”
    http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/spec...s/16665425.htm

Jon LeBlanc- of DENHAM SPRINGS

Now this is kinda of annoying. It appears that the Livingston Parish News is much like the annoying Daily Comet that requires you to register which I guess means I can't paste the whole thing on here. That is sad because it was a greeat write up on him and Tech. Also for us WAC advocates it shows all those Conference USA folks that yes playing in the WAC helps with recruits
    I will give this tidbit
    "One of the great things about playing at Tech is being able to travel," said LeBlanc. "I'll be making two trips to Hawaii (in four years
    ).

Anyway real nice article and worth going to the link and registering and seeing the Article
    Denham's LeBlanc punches ticket for Tech, frequent flier miles-
    http://livingstonparishnews.com/arti.../07leblanc.txt

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Faust can definitely lower the boom on guys. I think he'll be a solid safety for us. He'll probably need some agility work since he's been playing OLB, but it will come. He hits like a ton of bricks.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Faust does seem pretty good. My knowledge of the out of State players was a little slim. I am pretty excited that this High School he comes from might be able to send us more. I know the Atlanta area schools are pretty talent filled but this seems like a big guy from the Athens area

+ Reply to Thread