+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JOakes

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Re: JOakes

Good point. I only hope DR realizes this. And you are right, JO probably did exactly what needed to be done at one point in time. For that, perhaps he will be rewarded with a position created just for him. But I think he is in way over his head when it comes to being a Div 1-A AD and La Tech will continue to struggle as long as he holds that position.

Varsity Bulldog muttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the ears

I am not sure he could be an AD at some of the larger HS in Texas. Our AthDept is now worse than ever, even with the excitement of FB and MBB. The jOakes is beginning to wear throuought all our Head Coaches...talk about excuses.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I am fairly confident that JOAKES on us days are numbered, but it will not be soon enough to satisfy me. I can assure you when he starts his crawfishing with Dooley about what has been promised or is needed for the football program that a line will be drawn in the sand.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

I'm amazed that we've not had more promotion associated with the new football coach. That's an athletic administration problem. While the new coach clearly came in and got to work on recruiting, why was there no marketing effort to sell season tickets and the anticipation that we should be capitalizing on? What a shame! It is past time for a change in AD! There apparently haven't even been any lessons learned in the midst of this.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    I'm amazed that we've not had more promotion associated with the new football coach. That's an athletic administration problem. While the new coach clearly came in and got to work on recruiting, why was there no marketing effort to sell season tickets and the anticipation that we should be capitalizing on? What a shame! It is past time for a change in AD! There apparently haven't even been any lessons learned in the midst of this.
    Especially now with, arguably, the best recruiting class, on paper, we've ever had.

Varsity Bulldog muttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I am fairly confident that JOAKES on us days are numbered, but it will not be soon enough to satisfy me. I can assure you when he starts his crawfishing with Dooley about what has been promised or is needed for the football program that a line will be drawn in the sand.

I hope you are right, but I will only believe it when I see it.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    The sign this year should read

THE JOAKES STILL ON US
    Leave us with some dignity
    That is the plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by okiealdawg View Post
    We need to start really putting heat on this clown again...
    I really think that a more "grass root" effort needs to start. Something that alot of people would be willing to do. (Let's face it, I didn't have a ton of people asking to hold the banner during the football games. And no one took me up on my offer to have another sign made for them to hold.) IMHO, we need to make up bumper stickers. Something people can put on their cars to say they support the effort to get rid of JOakes. Right now, outside the people on this board, some people may feel that we are a minority in our feeling. But guys, I am here to confirm many many more people feel the same way. I saw the people read those signs and laugh and give their thumbs up sign. I talked to the people that understand TECH has problems and see where JOakes has failed at doing his job. When we passed out flyers infront of the tent only one person said they wanted nothing to do with us or our flyer. One person! And I drove around the stadium after people left to see how many I found on the ground. NONE!

My point is there are alot of people out there that agree that Jim Oakes needs to go. But most people are followers not leaders. That is why I feel a bumber sticker would do the revolt good. And it doesn't have to be "The JOakes still On Us!". It could be something simple like an oak tree with the red circle and line on top of it. I think more people would be willing to show their disproval with this. And when more people are seen showing their disproval, more people will want to be apart of the revolt.

+ Reply to Thread