+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 87

Thread: Grammys

  1. #1
    Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Ruston, La.
    Posts
    5,261

    Thumbs Down Grammys

    I may never watch another one, EVER.

    Dixie Chicks: country song of the year, country album of year and overall album of the year. Can anyone name any song from the CD other than "not ready to make nice" ?


  2. #2
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,513

    Re: Grammys

    Glad that they have stood up and used their right to speak out. Good for them!

    There were other winners. Mary J. Blige has been through a tough couple of years - suffering with depression. She has come out on top and won some big ones last night. Why pick one group that you disagree with and single them out as a reason not to watch it anymore? You could just as easily celebrate Mary, or some of the other groups, winning.

    Anyway, the Grammys will be just fine even if they lost the 10 outspoken conservatives on this board, because they didn't like the winner.
    Last edited by champion110; 02-12-2007 at 06:19 AM.

  3. #3
    Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Ruston
    Posts
    17,132

    Re: Grammys

    Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    I may never watch another one, EVER.

    Dixie Chicks: country song of the year, country album of year and overall album of the year. Can anyone name any song from the CD other than "not ready to make nice" ?
    I've never watched the Grammys or any other award show for that matter. I only watched the beginning last night for one reason- The Police. They're back. I don't know if they plan on recording again or just touring. I'm pretty pumped about it though. As far as the Dixie Chicks, I have no problem with what they said about President Bush. It's their right, I guess. However, there's no doubt that the only reason they are doing good again is because of the number of people that have become anti-Bush.

  4. #4
    Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Kingwood, Texas
    Posts
    6,782

    Re: Grammys

    THE ABSOLUTE ONLY REASON THE DIXIE CHICKS GOT ANYTHING WAS BECAUSE THEY ARE UNAMERICAN. YEAH, i SAID IT...UNAMERICAN.

    YOU CAN DISAGREE BUT WHEN YOU PERSONALIZE EVERY ELEMENT OF EVERYTHING YOU DO TO GAIN MORE ATTENTION TO YOUR POLITICAL POSITIONS AND ROUTINELY PISS, BITCH, AND MOAN WHEN ABROAD BUT SAY LITTLE WHEN I THE USA...LIKE THE NAME OF THE SONG...THE INITIALS ON THEIR T-SHIRTS...YOU ARE UNAMERICAN IN MY BOOK.

    I WOULDN'T PISS DOWN THEIR THROATS IF THEIR HEARTS WERE ON FIRE!
    Last edited by CARTEK; 02-13-2007 at 11:14 PM.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

  5. #5
    Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Ruston, La.
    Posts
    5,261

    Re: Grammys

    Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    THE ABSOLUTE ONLY REASON THE DIXIE CHICKS GOT ANYTHING WAS BECAUSE THEY ARE UNAMERICAN. YEAH, i SAID IT...UNAMERICAN.

    YOU CAN DISAGREE BUT WHEN YOU PERSONALIZE EVERY ELEMENT OF EVERYTHING YOU DO TO GAIN MORE ATTENTION TO YOUR POLITICAL POSITIONS AND ROUTINELY PISS, BITCH, AND MOAN WHEN ABROAD BUT SAY LITTLE WHEN I THE USA...LIKE THE NAME OF THE SONG...THE INITIALS ON THEIR T-SHIRTS...YOU ARE UNAMERICAN IN MY BOOK.

    I WOULD PISS DOWN THEIR THROATS IF THEIR HEARTS WERE ON FIRE!
    you'd have to be right because they sure didnt win it for record sales, air play or concert attendance . . . .


  6. #6
    Bulldog dawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the earsdawgette seems to have something between the ears dawgette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Monroe
    Posts
    127

    Re: Grammys

    Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    I WOULD PISS DOWN THEIR THROATS IF THEIR HEARTS WERE ON FIRE!

    wow. really?

  7. #7
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,513

    Re: Grammys

    Sales will take care of things, if enough people agree with some of you. It is their right to state what they stated. In fact, THAT is what we are supposed to be protecting - our rights.

  8. #8
    Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    8,862

    Re: Grammys

    Wow, the Grammys were on? Is that for movies? Oh wait, is that for daytime drama?

    Seriously though, the Dixie Chicks will be long and gone in a few years. They made a slight comeback because fo the leftist crowd that does the Grammys, but they alienated their true fanbase long ago, and they will never come back. I am like Choudawg, though, I guess I will call it a comeback because they won the grammy awards, but I cannot name a song on their album. It is a shame when they make the Grammys political instead of giving them to singers that deserve them. How pathetic.

  9. #9
    Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    8,862

    Re: Grammys

    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Sales will take care of things, if enough people agree with some of you. It is their right to state what they stated. In fact, THAT is what we are supposed to be protecting - our rights.
    I agree with everything that you said, Champ. The only part that aggrivated me was when the Dixie Chicks got on TV crying about how people were bashing them etc. Well, welcome to the political arena. You opened your mouth and stepped into it, so be ready. Your fanbase is mostly conservative, and many were/still are Bush supporters.

    If I was in Hollywod making movies, I would never open my mouth about my conservative political beliefs in a public forum. Hell, I probably wouldnt around my liberal friends at the fear of being blackballed out of my career. If I did, I sure as hell wouldnt get on TV and cry about it like these gals did.

  10. #10
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,513

    Re: Grammys

    Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I agree with everything that you said, Champ. The only part that aggrivated me was when the Dixie Chicks got on TV crying about how people were bashing them etc. Well, welcome to the political arena. You opened your mouth and stepped into it, so be ready. Your fanbase is mostly conservative, and many were/still are Bush supporters.

    If I was in Hollywod making movies, I would never open my mouth about my conservative political beliefs in a public forum. Hell, I probably wouldnt around my liberal friends at the fear of being blackballed out of my career. If I did, I sure as hell wouldnt get on TV and cry about it like these gals did.
    I agree. You have to watch what you say, if you don't want to offend your base (which affects your $$$). However, anyone is certainly within their rights to say whatever they wish. I applaud those that have the guts to say what is on their mind. The Chicks just crossed over to a wider fan base than country music, so they may do ok. Who knows??? They put themselves in this position, so they won't be surprised at whichever way it turns now.

  11. #11
    Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,014

    Re: Grammys

    For months, these ladies complained about being judged for their beliefs. Well, if they were really true to themselves as artists & human beings, they wouldn't be happy today. In fact, as musicians, they should feel slighted. Last night they were again judged for their political beliefs...not for their talent, their songs, or any album they've made.

    I have a feeling they're happy.

  12. #12
    Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Ruston, La.
    Posts
    5,261

    Re: Grammys

    Quote Originally Posted by playdablues View Post
    For months, these ladies complained about being judged for their beliefs. Well, if they were really true to themselves as artists & human beings, they wouldn't be happy today. In fact, as musicians, they should feel slighted. Last night they were again judged for their political beliefs...not for their talent, their songs, or any album they've made.

    I have a feeling they're happy.

    I kept thinking about the other artist that deserved the reward more than they did. And yes champ, that would enclude a ton of liberal type individuals and groups. How jilted do they feel this morning? But, a "secret" group of music industry type folk decided to send a message. Not about music but about politics.

    can't wait to hear the second release off of the grammy album . . . .


  13. #13
    Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    33,513

    Re: Grammys

    Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    I kept thinking about the other artist that deserved the reward more than they did. And yes champ, that would enclude a ton of liberal type individuals and groups. How jilted do they feel this morning? But, a "secret" group of music industry type folk decided to send a message. Not about music but about politics.

    can't wait to hear the second release off of the grammy album . . . .
    I really think you would feel differently if it was a conservative message that they had stated.

    Anyway, the market will drive the results from here on out. I am not really a Dixie Chicks fan, anyway. Time will tell if others are and this Grammy won't mean a thing, if they don't sell after it.

  14. #14
    Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    8,862

    Re: Grammys

    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I really think you would feel differently if it was a conservative message that they had stated.

    Anyway, the market will drive the results from here on out. I am not really a Dixie Chicks fan, anyway. Time will tell if others are and this Grammy won't mean a thing, if they don't sell after it.

    I dont think so. This has more to do with people using a music award as a political award. I wouldnt care if all the Libs in Hollywood wanted to make up a Dixie Chicks Award for Political Freedom, but to use the Grammys as their center stage is wrong. In the end, I dont care. All of the awards shows are fading, and stunts like this wont help that.

  15. #15
    Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Ruston, La.
    Posts
    5,261

    Re: Grammys

    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I really think you would feel differently if it was a conservative message that they had stated.

    Anyway, the market will drive the results from here on out. I am not really a Dixie Chicks fan, anyway. Time will tell if others are and this Grammy won't mean a thing, if they don't sell after it.
    Well damn, forgive me for thinking the Grammys, a musical awards show should be more about music than politics. I guess I just didnt get the memo . . .

    and as far as me feeling differently if it was a conservative message, that would be very much incorrect sir. But I couldn't expect much different coming from who its coming from. It seems to be the standard answer.


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts