+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Grammys

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Grammys

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Maybe this album is better than the last two. My point is that we don't know.

I really could care less, to tell you the truth. I am no DC fan. My responses have been about people calling something biased when it COULD be the other way around.
    But we do know. It has been said that it is their poorest output ever by the only critic that really matters.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    But we do know. It has been said that it is their poorest output ever by the only critic that really matters.
    Would that be the former fans of them that have never heard it due to the radio stations refusing to air it OR the country music fans that are too angry to be objective? I think both those groups give it a thumbs down. Listening to it was not even a criteria to their vote.

Besides, you already had the last word.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Would that be the former fans of them that have never heard it due to the radio stations refusing to air it OR the country music fans that are too angry to be objective? I think both those groups give it a thumbs down. Listening to it was not even a criteria to their vote.

Besides, you already had the last word.

Neither of those two. And I didn't have the last word. Everyone kept posting.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Meh, I will never listen to the album, but it is because country music sucks. Getting a country music award is a questionable distinction. The best of the music that sucks. Congrats Dixie Chicks!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Tonight at the Oscars i flipped it over for 5 minutes after Miami Ink, just in time to see Melisa Etheridge (sp) win. She think kissed her partner and went on stage. Once on stage is was something to the effect, "first, I'd like to thank my wife and her 4 beautiful childeren" (click) :icon_wink: back to turkey hunt'n on the outdoors channel LOL

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    Tonight at the Oscars i flipped it over for 5 minutes after Miami Ink, just in time to see Melisa Etheridge (sp) win. She think kissed her partner and went on stage. Once on stage is was something to the effect, "first, I'd like to thank my wife and her 4 beautiful childeren" (click) :icon_wink: back to turkey hunt'n on the outdoors channel LOL
    Good for her. She definitely deserved it and giving her family thanks was great.

Congrats to Al Gore, as well.

And, for the best picture, "The Departed" DEFINITELY deserved that. I rented it last week and thought it was excellent. I rented "Babble" yesterday and watched it before the Oscars. It was excellent, as well, but I think "The Departed" was a little better.

Good for her. She definitely deserved it and giving her family thanks was great.

Congrats to Al Gore, as well.

And, for the best picture, "The Departed" DEFINITELY deserved that. I rented it last week and thought it was excellent. I rented "Babble" yesterday and watched it before the Oscars. It was excellent, as well, but I think "The Departed" was a little better.
    I don't think I could watch a movie title "Babble". It seems to me it would be nothing but a bunch of incessant talking and mumbling and would be hard to understand. Now, if it was something like "Babel" it might be a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I don't think I could watch a movie title "Babble". It seems to me it would be nothing but a bunch of incessant talking and mumbling and would be hard to understand. Now, if it was something like "Babel" it might be a different story.
    Smart A#@

:icon_wink:

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

I have to admit one really good aspect of aging is that I don't pay attention to the lousy music being produced today. All the really great music was made in the '50s, 60's and 70's.

Any of you guys ever hear of the "the Real Don Steele"?

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Babel was very similar to Crash, which is probably why the academy went nuts for it.

My self imposed new name for The Departed is ....spoiler..............Everyone Dies. I'm glad I've already seen it because my fiance and I have the goal of seeing every 'best picture.' I have learned fast though that best pictures are sometimes hard to sit through.

As for the grammy's, is anybody surprised? I watched the Dixie Chick music video for that dumb song and thought it SOUNDED and looked horrible. What a surpise they then menioned it was the number 1 song on MTV for whatever weeks in a row.

As if a true country song would ever be on MTV. Their songs have gone downhill just like Chesney's, there's no way they deserved anything from a musical perspective.

There are some truly great country works such as "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" and "why don't we get drunk and screw." It's unfair to blanket these classics as trash.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Horndawgs View Post
    Babel was very similar to Crash, which is probably why the academy went nuts for it.

My self imposed new name for The Departed is ....spoiler..............Everyone Dies. I'm glad I've already seen it because my fiance and I have the goal of seeing every 'best picture.' I have learned fast though that best pictures are sometimes hard to sit through.

As for the grammy's, is anybody surprised? I watched the Dixie Chick music video for that dumb song and thought it SOUNDED and looked horrible. What a surpise they then menioned it was the number 1 song on MTV for whatever weeks in a row.

As if a true country song would ever be on MTV. Their songs have gone downhill just like Chesney's, there's no way they deserved anything from a musical perspective.

There are some truly great country works such as "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" and "why don't we get drunk and screw." It's unfair to blanket these classics as trash.
    Wait, since when does MTV actually play music? I thought it was RTV (Reality TV) now.

+ Reply to Thread