+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grammys

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Re: Grammys

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    mean, Clinton was impeached because he lied, right?
    you left off under oath.

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    No fair looking at your CD

Haha! I really wasn't looking at the CD. Those were the songs I could think of.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    It is true. The Grammys are irrelevant. This article highlights some of their most profound bloopers: http://music.msn.com/music/grammys/goofs?GT1=9076

You have to be a member of NARAS to vote and music has become so decentralized that the Grammys are even more useless (if that is possible).

Good article. Makes my point about life-time achievement vs. "best" album. There is no accounting for taste, and if I thought the voters really listened to all the albums and were qualified to choose I could respect their choices, but clearly that is not the case.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2 View Post
    I back up champ when he says you'd feel differently if it was a conservative message. I mean, Clinton was impeached because he lied, right? How many times has Bush been caught lying? Oh, but it's ok because we're at war and this is necessary lying, because these are freedom-lies that had to be told otherwise we wouldnt have known the truth (which was actually a lie) about Iraq. Pretty much everything Democrats did during Clinton's reign that caused Republicans get all upset has been completely overlooked in the last 7 years by those same Republicans when similar events have occurred. Except now when Democrats complain about those events, theyre labeled as "whiny pussies." How quickly yall forget that just a decade ago, yall were the whiny pussies. Except then it was ok for some reason.

Anyways, back to the Grammys, I always expect not to like whoever wins because popular music just seems unoriginal and commercial to me. Thats just how my taste in music is. It has nothing to do with my political views, because I dont like the Dixie Chicks either. At least Ok Go won something.
    BLAH BLAH BLAH...I guess you'll pull the "Bush lied" crap out til the day you die...even though you know he didn't lie. But sya it enough and maybe you will begin to really believe it.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Varsity Bulldog 10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here10cDawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    BLAH BLAH BLAH...I guess you'll pull the "Bush lied" crap out til the day you die...even though you know he didn't lie. But sya it enough and maybe you will begin to really believe it.
    So we did find weapons of mass destruction.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 10cDawg View Post
    Yea, Quang was over there flexin.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 10cDawg View Post
    No, we did not find WMD. Does that mean Bush lied? He saw the exact same intelligence that Kerry, Clinton, et al saw and they too said time and again that Saddam had to be taken out. Then, we find no WMDs and they call Bush a liar and say that they did not have all the intelligence...and the media lets them get away with it!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Right to free speech? I think you will find that the only people who downgrade the USA or its leaders publicly ON FOREIGN SOIL are usually idiots like the Dixie Chicks, Sean Penn and Jane Fonda. Say what you want in the good ole USA, but keep your mouth shut when across the big pond.

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Say what you want in the good ole USA, but keep your mouth shut when across the big pond.
    Amen. They still don't get what they're representing.

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    Of course, their views are generally shared by their fans, although I dont agree with Bono on many issues, but U2 still rocks.
    I also disagree with many of Bono's political stances. But fighting for third world debt relief, AIDS/TB cures etc is very different than (as an American) insulting the office of the President. Bono puts his money where his mouth is; the chicks just have a loud mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Maines as quoted in Time Magazine, May 29, 2006 View Post
    I apologized for disrespecting the office of the President, but I don't feel that way anymore. I don't feel he is owed any respect whatsoever.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgcrazy View Post
    Amen. They still don't get what they're representing.

I also disagree with many of Bono's political stances. But fighting for third world debt relief, AIDS/TB cures etc is very different than (as an American) insulting the office of the President. Bono puts his money where his mouth is; the chicks just have a loud mouth.
    True, Bono does garner respect and his opinion is viewed as educated and well-informed in all that he does. Rather you agree with his politics or not, you have to respect him for being strong in his beliefs and putting his money where his mouth is. I guess you have to make the extra effort like Bono does to garner that respect, especially when you are in anothe profession. I remember Curt Schilling getting hammered by many for saying "Vote for Bush" on some show.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Right to free speech? I think you will find that the only people who downgrade the USA or its leaders publicly ON FOREIGN SOIL are usually idiots like the Dixie Chicks, Sean Penn and Jane Fonda. Say what you want in the good ole USA, but keep your mouth shut when across the big pond.
    The fact is that they had a right to say it. You had a right to speak out against them saying it. The public had a choice on if to buy their records. The Grammy's had a choice of whom to give the award.

We can complain about someone saying something all day long, but THANK GOD we live in a place that this can be done. That goes for both sides of the political aisle.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The fact is that they had a right to say it. You had a right to speak out against them saying it. The public had a choice on if to buy their records. The Grammy's had a choice of whom to give the award.

We can complain about someone saying something all day long, but THANK GOD we live in a place that this can be done. That goes for both sides of the political aisle.
    unwritten rule - Don't diss your country or its leaders while out of the country. Even democrat politicians adhere to this rule.

If you really listened to the conservative talking heads, they gave the Chicks grief over breaking this rule rather than saying what they said. The country music industry was different. They were pissed in general and took it out on them by organizing boycotts. Two different issues here. I could care less what they say in the USA where they actually do have freedom of speech. They don't carry those rights with them to other countries.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

unwritten rule - Don't diss your country or its leaders while out of the country. Even democrat politicians adhere to this rule.

If you really listened to the conservative talking heads, they gave the Chicks grief over breaking this rule rather than saying what they said. The country music industry was different. They were pissed in general and took it out on them by organizing boycotts. Two different issues here. I could care less what they say in the USA where they actually do have freedom of speech. They don't carry those rights with them to other countries.
    Well, yes, they DO carry those rights. They deal with the consequences of their actions, though. They do not represent our country in any official capacity. They can say what they wish. The public response will take care of the consequences.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Well, yes, they DO carry those rights. They deal with the consequences of their actions, though. They do not represent our country in any official capacity. They can say what they wish. The public response will take care of the consequences.

Actually, they DON'T. Let them try to criticize certain foreign countries they're in at the time and see what happens. Contrary to what you believe, you don't get to act how you want in another country and claim your USofA rights to get away with it.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Actually, they DON'T. Let them try to criticize certain foreign countries they're in at the time and see what happens. Contrary to what you believe, you don't get to act how you want in another country and claim your USofA rights to get away with it.
    Well, I think he what he meant was that they can say what they want outside the U.S. and be free from government intrusion by the U.S. government.

You're right, but I think he probably meant that in regard to the American right to freedom of speech it applies anywhere.
    I don't want to speak for anyone - just how I read it.

+ Reply to Thread