+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Conroy to LSU???

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Conroy to LSU???

Our friend dandyd says he is hearing conroy's name the name the most as a candidate for the WR coach along with a guy from Oregon. Recall that Crowton is the new OC at lsu and Monken recently left for the Jacksonville Jags to open up the WR coaching position. interesting.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Conroy to LSU???

Quote Originally Posted by 1L_dawg View Post
    Our friend dandyd says he is hearing conroy's name the name the most as a candidate for the WR coach along with a guy from Oregon. Recall that Crowton is the new OC at lsu and Monken recently left for the Jacksonville Jags to open up the WR coaching position. interesting.

All I can say is if that were to happen, that would go a long way in affirming that Dooley has as much control over the football operations as we think he does as that would mean that the holdover coaches know that their positions aren't as secure as they were previously.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

that would be a great career move for him. good luck to conroy!!!!!!!!!!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    I agree. I've always said that I thought Conroy should branch out to other schools and learn under different systems and coaches, and then come back to Tech with all the experience he learned. I've never been one to criticize Conroy in that I thought he was a bad coach. I always felt he needed to learn more. I have to commend his loyalty and desire to stay at Tech, but I think it is in his best interest and ours for him to do something like this, so he can learn how real athletic departments are run.

Big Dog olddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rougholddog29 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by JAY View Post
    I agree. I think it would be a wise move for Conroy. Certainly, what Conroy could learn under Dooley would help, but experience in a BCS environment with realistic NC possibilities can not be passed up. If offered the opportunity, there really is not a choice for Conroy. I too wish Conroy the best of luck whether with TECH or, if the rumor is ture, he goes.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    I agree. I've always said that I thought Conroy should branch out to other schools and learn under different systems and coaches, and then come back to Tech with all the experience he learned. I've never been one to criticize Conroy in that I thought he was a bad coach. I always felt he needed to learn more. I have to commend his loyalty and desire to stay at Tech, but I think it is in his best interest and ours for him to do something like this, so he can learn how real athletic departments are run.
    I completely agree, DD. Conroy's a personal friend of mine and I would hate to see him leave. However, as you've clearly stated, learning under a different coaching staff and admin will do wonders for his career.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I wonder how Mrs Conroy will react in the stands when BENGAL BARNEY and TOMMY TIGER start cussing her husband because of bad play out of a position player and how he would be raked all over Tiger Droppings when things turn south?

''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog lsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nicelsuhater is just really nice lsuhater's Avatar

Good Luck to Conroy!!! Although he wasn't the best OC we ever had, there isn't a more loyal TECH guy around! He has been a big part of some great games and great seasons over the years. He made it from GA to OC at the same school. Not many guys can say they did that. But as you guys have said, if he is going to continue to grow it is probably time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by lsuhater View Post
    Good Luck to Conroy!!! Although he wasn't the best OC we ever had, there isn't a more loyal TECH guy around! He has been a big part of some great games and great seasons over the years. He made it from GA to OC at the same school. Not many guys can say they did that. But as you guys have said, if he is going to continue to grow it is probably time to move on.
    There's a reason for that, but we won't get into it because I don't want to appear as though I'm bashing Conroy.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I think this would be a big loss for our program on the academic front, at least in the short term. If Conroy does take another job I hope that we will have the systems and processes in place to be sure that the academic stuff won't slack off, even temporarily.

I also have some qualms about a died-in-the-wool Tech guy working for the Evil Empire. There is something to be said for diversifying one's training, but is it worth endangering his immortal soul?

Big Dog The Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around hereThe Big Bengal isn't thought very highly of around here The Big Bengal's Avatar

There's been some crazy rumors about Jerry Rice interviewing for the LSU WR job.

This one is likely much more realistic.

He's definitely been involved with some great passing schemes while with you guys. Hopefully if he's the guy, he and Crowton can continue that success with us.

And Dooley can put his own guy in.
    Last edited by The Big Bengal; 02-14-2007 at 10:59 AM. Reason: (left out the last part)

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    I think this would be a big loss for our program on the academic front, at least in the short term. If Conroy does take another job I hope that we will have the systems and processes in place to be sure that the academic stuff won't slack off, even temporarily.

I also have some qualms about a died-in-the-wool Tech guy working for the Evil Empire. There is something to be said for diversifying one's training, but is it worth endangering his immortal soul?
    I realize he's done a tremendous job on the academic side, but don't you think it's more of a reflection on Bicknell not getting the message across to these players? I know we need to keep tabs on our players, but I don't think we should have to hold their hand. I can understand monitoring our Fr players but after an year or so they need to take responsibility for their actions, or lack thereof.

Champ rangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant futurerangerdawg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post

The school is in the process of hiring, if they have not already, a football only academic person. No coaching responsibilities at all. This was one of the stipulations of Coach Dooley coming to Tech. So...Conroy's responsiblities for academics is going to dwindle when this happens.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    I realize he's done a tremendous job on the academic side, but don't you think it's more of a reflection on Bicknell not getting the message across to these players? I know we need to keep tabs on our players, but I don't think we should have to hold their hand. I can understand monitoring our Fr players but after an year or so they need to take responsibility for their actions, or lack thereof.
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerdawg View Post
    The school is in the process of hiring, if they have not already, a football only academic person. No coaching responsibilities at all. This was one of the stipulations of Coach Dooley coming to Tech. So...Conroy's responsiblities for academics is going to dwindle when this happens.
    I'm glad to hear something more official is being done for academics.

Conroy adds a lot of value to the program not only because of the "handholding" of players, but because in the time that he has been here he has cultivated good relationships with professors and instructors all over campus. He was trusted by folks on the academic side because when there was an issue with a student-athlete Conroy has always been very accessible to instructors, he always made sure the issue was handled in a timely fashion, and never gave the impression that there was any funny business going like there has been with other programs on campus. He was also a powerful ally for instructors because he wasn't just some academic liason--he was a coach who had a big impact on the players' lives ON the field as well as in the classroom. It's one thing when an academic liason tells a player he needs to take care of business in class, but when your OC is telling you that it sounds a little different.

But you make a good point, Tech. It may be that Conroy stands out as adding value because Oakes (not Bicknell) has not been taking care of business. Wasn't there something posted somewhere about JB3 lobbying for more funds for academic support and JO telling him that he had to pick which assistant coach to fire because that was the only way he was getting the money?

Varsity Bulldog Coachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I wonder how Mrs Conroy will react in the stands when BENGAL BARNEY and TOMMY TIGER start cussing her husband because of bad play out of a position player and how he would be raked all over Tiger Droppings when things turn south?

DFM--If Mrs. Conroy ends up at "Barney and Tommy" ville, she will proably be in the press box and not in the stands and will not hear the uglyness of the fans.

+ Reply to Thread