+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LA Tech USB Drive

Administrator BBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really nice BBBAdmin's Avatar

LA Tech USB Drive

I ran across today by accident a Louisiana Tech USB drive. I've added it as a "spotlight" item to our web site. Here is the graphic:

http://www.latechalumni.com/images/s...t/usbdrive.jpg

Feel free to share.
    Last edited by BBBAdmin; 02-16-2007 at 09:08 AM.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: LA Tech USB Drive

Cool. I think someone was asking about this a while back.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

FRIGGIN SWEET!!! Buying one as we speak.

http://www2.pny.com/category_buymult...ategory_ID=284

Ouch... $7 for shipping... for a 2 ounce drive. Oh well... worth it.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Would be nice to get a couple of gigs for a few bucks more!

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

I agree, I would need at least 2GB's to use it.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

I wish it was modular. I have an older PNY drive that the cover slides off. If the Tech one worked that way I'd get it and a higher-capacity one and swap the covers.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

One would think they would be modular because they are a specialty item. The Tech one might sell l,000 and a Notre Dame one might sell a million. But tooling up and making 10,000 and selling only 1,000 might be cheaper than doing the modular design in china, so they don't care!

It appears that so many things that bring a high price sell at an enormous markup from actual cost these days.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy View Post
    I agree, I would need at least 2GB's to use it.
    Buy 4!

Or e-mail them and ask for a 2GB one. Maybe they will put one on order for you. Worst that they can say is no.

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    One would think they would be modular because they are a specialty item. The Tech one might sell l,000 and a Notre Dame one might sell a million. But tooling up and making 10,000 and selling only 1,000 might be cheaper than doing the modular design in china, so they don't care!

It appears that so many things that bring a high price sell at an enormous markup from actual cost these days.
    It looks like they accomplish the variations using decals. For that matter I could just put a Tech sticker on my own jump drive.

Administrator BBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really niceBBBAdmin is just really nice BBBAdmin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    It looks like they accomplish the variations using decals. For that matter I could just put a Tech sticker on my own jump drive.
    You could, but doesn't Tech get a little money since this is a licensed product? If you stick a sticker on your own drive, then Tech doesn't really get anything, does it? I agree a 2 gig model would be nice and make it more attractive, I would suggest contacting them and requesting it.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I got mine in today. Real nice quality.

Got mine on the 28th. I like it! It has a very clean look to it.

Quote Originally Posted by BBBAdmin View Post
    You could, but doesn't Tech get a little money since this is a licensed product? If you stick a sticker on your own drive, then Tech doesn't really get anything, does it? I agree a 2 gig model would be nice and make it more attractive, I would suggest contacting them and requesting it.
    Of course, I also have a personal policy of not paying for jump drives. I'm just going to lose them anyway, so I figure why pay for them? Then I can pass the savings on to Tech in direct donations. :icon_wink:

http://www.latech.edu/techshop/store...words=&next=15

Check out the bottom... you can see that they now have 1 GB and 2 GB drives now.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

what i find kinda funny is that Miss State doesnt have one and SM and OM do

+ Reply to Thread