Chad Clement resigns as McNeese State baseball coach

Says his heart is not in coaching any more

Feb. 15, 2007

Chad Clement has resigned as baseball coach at McNeese State University.
Clement announced his resignation Thursday saying that his heart was not in coaching any more.

The Lake Charles native and former Cowboy player and assistant coach was in his fourth season as head coach at McNeese. Last year he led the Cowboys to the Southland Conference title and he was named the league and the Louisiana coach of the year.

He had an 82-84 overall record. The Cowboys had gotten off to a 0-4 start this season.
Assistant coach Chris Fackler has been appointed the team's interim head coach for the remainder of the season according to athletic director Sonny Watkins.
Clement said that he wanted to thank the university for the opportunity of coaching the Cowboys.

"It has been a rewarding as well as educational experience to serve in this capacity. During my tenure at McNeese State, I am proud to have been a part of conference championship teams in 2000 and 2006 and a conference tournament championship team in 2003," he said.
Watkins said that Clement's resignation came as a surprise to him. "This was not something that we suspected. He has done a fine job as the baseball coach and we are sorry to lose him," Watkins said. "We truly wish him the best."

Makes me wonder how their team will respond this weekend -

First, having to move the series -

Second, losing their HC -

Especially since they were picked first in thier Divison of the SLC

PS - you goobers who don't believe in visiting other folks boards, don't believe this, it didn't happen -