+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: TECH vs McNEESE GAME 2

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

Re: TECH vs McNEESE GAME 2

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    We need JFord there for attendance. But maybe the next time we get down by ~5 runs the PA guy can announce "Mr. JFord if you are in the stadium can you please exit immediately so we can get our MoJo recalibrated. Thank you."

hahaha

one of the McNeese players that we were heckling asked us why were leaving, because we were there good luck charm.

I attended Sunday and had the opposite effect.

Way to go McNeese State Brokeback Cowboys!!!

JFord

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    File this under "S" for "strange" - Doc put on his "rally cap" and the DAWGS rallied. What a coincidence. I guess that googy looking headgear could have rattled the McNeese pitchers. What's up Doc?
    http://www.eastbay.com/catalog/produ...1&size=#styles

I told you so!!! (Hey, I deserve being able to brag this time!!) They are only $25 EACH!!!! (I paid $40)GET YOU SOME HODO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    Doc, I understand that the wind didn't help attendance yesterday, but I was excited with the enthusiasm of the fans that were there! Let's hope more people will be there today.
    I was just trying to be louder than your neice!! HoDo's wife was covering her ears after the game when I was starting "HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!!". I guess I was too loud... :icon_wink:
    Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I do have one question. Why was the McNeese coach forced to change his pitcher late in the game?
    I will do my best to explain this. The coach changed pitchers and couldn't make another trip to the mound in a row or on the same batter. So the 1st baseman went to the dugout and got a message from the coach and went to the mound and told the new pitcher whatever it was. This all happened before he ever threw to a batter. It counted as a second trip to the mound which is against the rules; therefore, a new pitcher HAD to be brought in.

If I didn't explain this well then someone please correct me. This is the explanation I got.
    Removing Pitcher
    SECTION 4. The conditions for removal of the pitcher are as follows:
    a. A coach is allowed three free trips to the mound in a game, plus one
    extra free trip in the event of an extra-inning game (with the exception
    of 9-4-b provisions).
    (2) The coach cannot circumvent this rule by asking a player to act for
    him, and neither can the coach or his representative leave the bench
    or dugout and approach the base lines to confer with the pitcher for
    the purpose of evading this rule.

A.R. 1
    —If a coach holds a defensive conference with a defensive player, it shall be considered

a trip whether the player goes to the mound or not.

RULE 9-4
    b. If a coach or his nonplaying representative goes to the mound a second
    time in the inning to talk to the same pitcher, the pitcher must be
    removed from the pitcher’s position for the remainder of the game. The
    coach is to indicate the relief pitcher to an umpire immediately after
    crossing the foul line (see 7-2-c-[5]-[b]-[4])

If I remember correctly, they had just substitued one pitcher. The first baseman then went to the dugout, and then ran to converse with the pitcher. He must have already used his 3 free visits and was forced to remove the said pitcher. In this situation, the pitcher would NOT have to throw a pitch because the Umpires are removing him due to a rule violation and not a coaches decision.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the explanation.

All those arms Coach Sim used showed me our staff has some depth and he is not afraid to use them. I also noticed several were very young. Its great to get the young guys some work and get them the confidence boost of a come from behind win!!

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Removing Pitcher
    SECTION 4. The conditions for removal of the pitcher are as follows:
    a. A coach is allowed three free trips to the mound in a game, plus one
    extra free trip in the event of an extra-inning game (with the exception
    of 9-4-b provisions).
    (2) The coach cannot circumvent this rule by asking a player to act for
    him, and neither can the coach or his representative leave the bench
    or dugout and approach the base lines to confer with the pitcher for
    the purpose of evading this rule.

A.R. 1
    —If a coach holds a defensive conference with a defensive player, it shall be considered

a trip whether the player goes to the mound or not.

RULE 9-4
    b. If a coach or his nonplaying representative goes to the mound a second
    time in the inning to talk to the same pitcher, the pitcher must be
    removed from the pitcher’s position for the remainder of the game. The
    coach is to indicate the relief pitcher to an umpire immediately after
    crossing the foul line (see 7-2-c-[5]-[b]-[4])

If I remember correctly, they had just substitued one pitcher. The first baseman then went to the dugout, and then ran to converse with the pitcher. He must have already used his 3 free visits and was forced to remove the said pitcher. In this situation, the pitcher would NOT have to throw a pitch because the Umpires are removing him due to a rule violation and not a coaches decision.

If I am reading correctly it was possibly a combination of the two.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    No coverage in either?
    Well, I guess they're getting a little better...today's paper printed a small recap from the SID.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

If I am reading correctly it was possibly a combination of the two.
    Yea... sorry, that's why I posted both.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Yea... sorry, that's why I posted both.
    No need to be sorry.

No need to be sorry.
    More like, sorry that I didn't better explain myself. If you felt that I did an adequate job, you could say so with a green dot!

+ Reply to Thread