+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let Gorilla Come Back

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Re: Let Gorilla Come Back

PS - like a true Tech fan, AG was at the Lady Techster game in full force......

AG - you are a true Tech fan.....whatever happened....I got your back!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Game after game, Tech fans allow visiting fans to sit in chairback seats that are purchased through seaosn tickets. For the most part, Tech fans do not even protest when the visitors are in their seats. If there are other chairback seats available, the Tech fans just go sit in them.

Sometimes, Tech fans even go sit on the metal bleachers allowing visitors to sit in chairbacks which were purchased by Tech fans.

You would think this would cause the visitors to be grateful and appreciative, but often they are not.

It is made very clear that the chairs on top the visitors dugout are for Tech students. I am sure the McNeese fans who were at the game Friday night understood this.

Moral of the story:
    When you go to someone else's stadium, don't be an ass and attack their gorilla.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I heard a slightly different story from the workers at the TAC as well.

I hope everybody is ok.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by since1937 View Post
    I will offer my story, as I was there, and I tend to well, know the Gorilla fairly well.
    And yes, I was actually within like six inches of the occurance.

SO, HERE IT IS, THE TRUTH, THE WHOLE TRUTH, and NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH

We arrived a little later than normal, and when we got there, the McNeese fans were already sitting in the student section, except for two seats at the end, which was fine- because we were going to sit there. If you know AG, he is very much into heckling and it's all in good fun- after the game he'll shake your hand and say "good game."

Unfortunately, a couple of the guys from McNeese did not see it this way (and had been rude to me the previous day without provocation) and got offended, telling AG he'd be the one who had to go sit somewhere else.

This guy, whom I'll refer to as yellow jacket guy, walked up to us and got really close into AG's face. The two of them still seemed to be joking at the time, but then very suddenly the argument escalated and yellow jacket started touching AG and asking him if he wanted to get into with him..

So then, AG slapped this guy. You should know that there were two of us (and I'm a girl) and about 12 of them, and they all immediately took AG down, hitting him and throwing him up against the net.

This woman from McNeese came up and tried to get in the middle of all of it, and AG asked who she was to be in this, and the woman's husband hit AG AGAIN. After they successfully had AG in the chair basically lying down, Coach Sim got up there (as fast as he could). He made them stop, told the McNeese guys to leave the student section and that AG is a true fan and is always there, and that he would take care of the situation. Cops did come, but there was no major action taken, just a Tech incident report.

NO- AG is not banned from Tech games. In fact, he returned to the same game later on.

The end.
    My girl has successfully recaptured the events as they existed. My edit is that "hit" should be plural and that hits came from multiple people. Y'all know the Ron White line, but I found out how many they were willing to use. They had one on each arm and someone was holding my neck whilst the face was being punched.

The police said I had the choice of everybody gets arrested or just me getting a Tech incident report.

"Who are you" must be McNeeseanese language for something really bad because dude got really pissed.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

And PS, any dude that takes a swing at somebody from behind their wife is...
    ...well, you know.

And I have to give a shout out to the Tech baseball team for their win and their support of me as well as all of you who have supported me.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    And PS, any dude that takes a swing at somebody from behind their wife is...
    ...well, you know.

And I have to give a shout out to the Tech baseball team for their win and their support of me as well as all of you who have supported me.
    I hope that you are there tomorrow in full force heckling away, keeping it clean of course.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Game after game, Tech fans allow visiting fans to sit in chairback seats that are purchased through seaosn tickets. For the most part, Tech fans do not even protest when the visitors are in their seats. If there are other chairback seats available, the Tech fans just go sit in them.

Sometimes, Tech fans even go sit on the metal bleachers allowing visitors to sit in chairbacks which were purchased by Tech fans.

You would think this would cause the visitors to be grateful and appreciative, but often they are not.

It is made very clear that the chairs on top the visitors dugout are for Tech students. I am sure the McNeese fans who were at the game Friday night understood this.

Moral of the story:
    When you go to someone else's stadium, don't be an ass and attack their gorilla.
    Stay classy, McNeese!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

There was a new question floating around JC Love tonite -

How do you tame a 160 lb gorilla?

With 3 cowboys and several Tech cops....

I will say this, the net on top pf the visitors dugout must be pretty strong, because they pushed AG well into the net before all the fisticuffs broke out.....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

I will say this, the net on top pf the visitors dugout must be pretty strong, because they pushed AG well into the net before all the fisticuffs broke out.....
    How did I miss this? My boys missed it as well. I'm from south Cameron Parish, and so I usually can smell a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    LOL! 180 lb gorilla and there were more than three. There were at least three just holding me down and I think three or four got hits in. If I let the person who determines the game attendance guess, he'd probably say about 20 cowboys involved. Funny you should mention that net because when I got pushed into it, I was really concerned that I was going to be falling into the McNeese dugout.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    I hope that you are there tomorrow in full force heckling away, keeping it clean of course.
    I haven't seen Mom since last summer due to circumstances beyond my control. She's returning home Sunday morning and I made plans to see her. I left after the Idaho game and drove here (Walker, LA). Unfortunately, I will be missing this game. This is going to make rumors, I regret. However, I still love our baseball team and I will be returning to action as soon as possible.

Interesting point is that the McNeese manager said something along the lines of "I'm sorry and I can't control the fans" and "I'm surprised this happened. I thought you've stayed really clean." We shook hands after the ordeal.
    Last edited by Abominable Gorilla; 02-18-2007 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Additional information

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

LOL! 180 lb gorilla and there were more than three. There were at least three just holding me down and I think three or four got hits in. If I let the person who determines the game attendance guess, he'd probably say about 20 cowboys involved. Funny you should mention that net because when I got pushed into it, I was really concerned that I was going to be falling into the McNeese dugout.
    What were the Tech fans doing, watching you be a punching bag? Sim had to run up and seperate them off of you? Why didn't no one help you?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    What were the Tech fans doing, watching you be a punching bag? Sim had to run up and seperate them off of you? Why didn't no one help you?

I thought the exact same thing. Sounds like Luminaire needs to get a posse together.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I haven't seen Mom since last summer due to circumstances beyond my control. She's returning home Sunday morning and I made plans to see her. I left after the Idaho game and drove here (Walker, LA). Unfortunately, I will be missing this game. This is going to make rumors, I regret. However, I still love our baseball team and I will be returning to action as soon as possible.

Interesting point is that the McNeese manager said something along the lines of "I'm sorry and I can't control the fans" and "I'm surprised this happened. I thought you've stayed really clean." We shook hands after the ordeal.

You're from Walker? That explains alot.

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Dang I'll be at the ULM games just in case

Keep it up AG!

+ Reply to Thread