+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let Gorilla Come Back

Varsity Bulldog digidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the earsdigidawg87 seems to have something between the ears digidawg87's Avatar

Re: Let Gorilla Come Back

Walker, LA! That finally explains the Gorilla suit.

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    And PS, any dude that takes a swing at somebody from behind their wife is...
    ...well, you know.

And I have to give a shout out to the Tech baseball team for their win and their support of me as well as all of you who have supported me.
    AG, I told you after the nlwho slap that you needed to have a strong offseason working out.
    And from the numbers of cowgirls who I heard where in on this, You put in some hard work this year. I would have loved to see the ape with fair numbers! Stay strong AG your tha man!

RBH

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Where were the Tech fans ? Why didn't they help AG out?

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Sim was lucky to keep his players out of the fight. Ejections would have cost us the game. Fans should have supported the Gorilla.

2006 Bowl Confidence Champion firedog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nicefiredog is just really nice firedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    I haven't seen Mom since last summer due to circumstances beyond my control. She's returning home Sunday morning and I made plans to see her. I left after the Idaho game and drove here (Walker, LA). Unfortunately, I will be missing this game. This is going to make rumors, I regret. However, I still love our baseball team and I will be returning to action as soon as possible.

Interesting point is that the McNeese manager said something along the lines of "I'm sorry and I can't control the fans" and "I'm surprised this happened. I thought you've stayed really clean." We shook hands after the ordeal.
    Do one of your buddies have access to the suit for today????

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by firedog View Post
    Do one of your buddies have access to the suit for today????
    Come on "T" where are you!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

AG, I've seen you at many, many Tech games; you are definitely a passionate fan. That being said, I hope that altercations with visiting fans doesn't become a regular "Tech fans thing".

I wasn't there, but hopefully in the future someone official can be found to peacefully get someone out of your seat. Looking forward to seeing the Gorilla again at another Tech game soon!

Varsity Bulldog Rockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the ears Rockett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech XXIX View Post
    After reading the story, I will again say, this is the adminstration's problem! No ushers or security.

No Excuse For This.
    There is no excuse for this, but it is for fighting rather than not having security to prevent such sophomoric behavior. If you can't go to a baseball game without fighting then stay at home.

Galen Rockett
    Ruston, LA

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

Rockett I agree that if you can't act right, just stay home. My point is that at all of our athletic events, there is a lack of staff across the board that ensures a pleasurable expeirence.

I live out of town, but have baseball season tickets. I have never been to a game when I didn't have to ask people to move out of my seats. What if that became confrontational?

Security would prevent this from happening, because security would keep opposing fans from sitting in the student section. When there were 3,000+ people at the Arkansas games, I did not see any type of security at all on Friday night, 1 policeman of Sat. and 1 after the benches cleared on Sunday.

What if something happened in the stands? What if there was a medical emergency? What about the little kids who stand right behind home plate? Who is there to take control of the situation if one of them gets hit with a foul ball? No one is the answer.

No ushers, No police, and no chance of preventing something like this from happening.

Big Dog Tech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really niceTech XXIX is just really nice

I also have a solution to the problem. You do one of two things:

1. You find a local organization (Lion's Club, Mason's, form the Dugout Club) and they assign people to staff each game as part of their community involvment.

2. You hire a company that does security and concessions adn therefor they have a vested interest in the game operations and they fully staff as needed.

Varsity Bulldog Rockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the earsRockett seems to have something between the ears Rockett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech XXIX View Post
    Rockett I agree that if you can't act right, just stay home. My point is that at all of our athletic events, there is a lack of staff across the board that ensures a pleasurable expeirence.

I live out of town, but have baseball season tickets. I have never been to a game when I didn't have to ask people to move out of my seats. What if that became confrontational?

Security would prevent this from happening, because security would keep opposing fans from sitting in the student section. When there were 3,000+ people at the Arkansas games, I did not see any type of security at all on Friday night, 1 policeman of Sat. and 1 after the benches cleared on Sunday.

What if something happened in the stands? What if there was a medical emergency? What about the little kids who stand right behind home plate? Who is there to take control of the situation if one of them gets hit with a foul ball? No one is the answer.

No ushers, No police, and no chance of preventing something like this from happening.
    Of course it would be great to have security at all events, but this has to be balanced with the fact that there is a cost involved. When officers work the athletic events, they usually are working overtime and this is billed back to the group that is hosting an event that needs security. As most of you are well aware, the administration of an athletic budget like ours is very challenging.

I was in the Sheriff's Reseve for about 10 years. Perhaps someone could talk with the Sheriff and find a reserve who would come to the baseball game and help out with this. I have been out of the reserves for a number of years, but it may be a possibility.

Galen Rockett
    Ruston, LA

Varsity Bulldog Bluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Rockett View Post
    Of course it would be great to have security at all events, but this has to be balanced with the fact that there is a cost involved. When officers work the athletic events, they usually are working overtime and this is billed back to the group that is hosting an event that needs security. As most of you are well aware, the administration of an athletic budget like ours is very challenging.

I was in the Sheriff's Reseve for about 10 years. Perhaps someone could talk with the Sheriff and find a reserve who would come to the baseball game and help out with this. I have been out of the reserves for a number of years, but it may be a possibility.

Galen Rockett
    Ruston, LA

Sheriff's Reserve personnel frequently help out at high school games.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Arkansas pays $10 an hour for HUNDREDS of ushers for football games and probably a dozen or more at baseball games. They get paid for at least an hour before the game, often two or three extra hours simply because getting to the football stadium near game time is almost impossible. Police also are always on hand.

At least 25 ushers worked each day of the recent indoor track meet.

I have talked to ushers at Tech football games and all have said they are unpaid volunteers. When we begin to sell more tickets, we should be able to pay some of them who work the longest hours and their presence will help make many people feel more comfortable in a crowd and more likely to return.

And, offering the users free food before, during and after the game is important. They can be given chits for concession stands or alumni tables or how about sharing from the press box feast.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

The problem could have been stopped pretty easily by having someone just to check ID's for the student section. If I'm not mistaken it is clearly marked. If the McNeese fans choose sit in our student section and were offended by what was said there then they should have left. If AG was confronted in our student section by an opposing teams fan and threatened with violence he has every right to defend himself. Now if he were in the opposing teams designated seats and being a ass then he deserves what he gets. This seems to be an issue that will be resolved as our program grows and should have been dealt with proactive, we all know that is not the mindset of the current admin.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    The problem could have been stopped pretty easily by having someone just to check ID's for the student section. If I'm not mistaken it is clearly marked. If the McNeese fans choose sit in our student section and were offended by what was said there then they should have left. If AG was confronted in our student section by an opposing teams fan and threatened with violence he has every right to defend himself. Now if he were in the opposing teams designated seats and being a ass then he deserves what he gets. This seems to be an issue that will be resolved as our program grows and should have been dealt with proactive, we all know that is not the mindset of the current admin.
    You are right on target. This is a minor problem that can easily be fixed. I view this a a good problem. A couple of rubbars in the sands are lightly to happen as attendence increases and more people care about the team. This is athletic department problem. Hello Joakes.

I pay for season tickets. No one should be sitting in my seats, whether I am there or not. I can't wait to come to a game and find someone sitting in by seats. Even better if its some knuckeheads from Lake Charles.

+ Reply to Thread