+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-Prohibition/Favorite Beer Thread

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Anti-Prohibition/Favorite Beer Thread

Sorry, Steel Reserve HG is a terrible, terrible beer. Possibly the worst beer on the face of this earth.

Champ JAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond reputeJAB has a reputation beyond repute JAB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Sorry, Steel Reserve HG is a terrible, terrible beer. Possibly the worst beer on the face of this earth.
    Uh Oh!
    Are you in the Beer Business also? Nobody adds the "HG" on the end unless they're in the business. And at $5.49 a 12pk or $.99 a 24oz can what do you expect? We are back to the whole "mass quantities" issue here.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Not in the business, but I like beer. Value and alcohol content are what that beer is about. Taste cannot be a factor if you drink this one.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Well there are so many. Bass Pale Ale, Optima-tor great German beer but not for the faint of heart, JAB I do like Peroni, Right now I am drinking a Tecate, and Amber Bock is not bad for domestic, Becks, Like I said so many beers so little time. I do suggest the Optima-tor for the real beer enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Well there are so many. Bass Pale Ale, Optima-tor great German beer but not for the faint of heart, JAB I do like Peroni, Right now I am drinking a Tecate, and Amber Bock is not bad for domestic, Becks, Like I said so many beers so little time. I do suggest the Optima-tor for the real beer enthusiasts
    Spaten's? If so I have had it.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Old Peculiar

Drinking Liberty Ale tonight. Very tasty. Anyone else drinking a fermented beverage?

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Drinking Liberty Ale tonight. Very tasty. Anyone else drinking a fermented beverage?
    Paulaner Pils

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Tonight I'm having some Barclay's Crabpot Lager (my homebrew lager).
    If you really like beer you should brew your own (check out my user profile). You can brew much better beer yourself than any of the larger breweries. No bottling required and I make mine in 5 gallon batches with multiple batches going at any given time. I have been brewing my own for about two years now and it is the best beer I have ever tasted. Wheats, IPA's, Lagers, Stouts, Chocolate Stouts, Smoked Malt, Oat Brew...they are all easy to make with the modern brewing equipment. I'm going to the Bluebonnett this year http://www.bluebonnetbrewoff.com/mod...page&pageid=28 ..The Holy Grail of homebrewersThe start-up cost for all the equip is around $300 and you can start brewing 5 gallon batches after that for around $20-$30 per batch after the initial investment.
    If you guys are interested just pm me and I'll give you all the info you need to start brewing. A whole new world of frothy, hoppy nirvana awaits you!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

I do brew my own as well. Bottling is the part that sucks. How do you get around bottling? Do you keg? I don't have the fridge space to key my beer.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Yep. Kegging rocks. You just need to find a second hand fridge and some cornelius kegs.
    Here is a site for all your needs if you don't live in a town that has a supplier. Let me know if you need any more info. http://www.midwestsupplies.com/

Hey JAB...you forgot to grab the Miller metal sign out of my shop when you picked up your Tech bench a while back. I'll try to remember to bring it to the store for you.

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Yep. Kegging rocks. You just need to find a second hand fridge and some cornelius kegs.
    Here is a site for all your needs if you don't live in a town that has a supplier. Let me know if you need any more info. http://www.midwestsupplies.com/
    I do live in a town with a supplier actually, so that makes it more convenient. Would love to have a second fridge just for beer with taps on the side.

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

ayinger weize - be careful it has about the same alcohol by volume as red wine but goes down much easier and is usually served in a 2 pint glass...and if you are partying with an israeli in london, he always has the next round.

guiness - from the tap. none of this bottle or 'widget' nonsense...guiness drinkers know what i'm talking about.

abita strawberry lager - by far the oddest beer i've ever tasted. imagine a stawberry ice cream float but made in beer and somehow not sweet. no matter if you lik it or hate it, i guarantee you'll be confused by it.

shiner bock - in expensive and tasty.

i'm tired of desciptions...list from here on out:

anchor porter
    rogue dead guy ale
    negro modelo
    newcastle
    etc...etc...it's a long list.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Old Peculiar

+ Reply to Thread