+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Gun Owners-Heads up!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Gun Owners-Heads up!

Suffice it to say, the framers would be very happy with the results of their work over 200 years later.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    I would respectfully disagree. Driving is a privilege, not a right.
    Only in the sense that you are not entitled to be able to drive. If noone wants to sell you a car, what can you do? But if that makes driving a privelege, so are guns in exactly the same way.

It, as well as drinking, may be and generally are heavily regulated.
    There is no basis for this distinction. This is very well laid out in the poverty thread.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Matt, I have a question for you. Earlier you stated something about being illegal to carry guns around. (paraphrasing badly) I think I know what you mean by that, but let me ask you one thing. I know to carry a gun on a person you have to have a permit and then it's legal and only in places that aren't forbidden. But what about a car? Someone told me that it was legal to carry a handgun in a car without a permit? Is that true?

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Matt, I have a question for you. Earlier you stated something about being illegal to carry guns around. (paraphrasing badly) I think I know what you mean by that, but let me ask you one thing. I know to carry a gun on a person you have to have a permit and then it's legal and only in places that aren't forbidden. But what about a car? Someone told me that it was legal to carry a handgun in a car without a permit? Is that true?
    Yup, how you gonna get your gun to the range? You can keep it in the trunk, glove box etc. It's once you put it in your pocket, holster, etc w/o a CCW permit that you can get in trouble.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    Only in the sense that you are not entitled to be able to drive. If noone wants to sell you a car, what can you do? But if that makes driving a privelege, so are guns in exactly the same way.

There is no basis for this distinction. This is very well laid out in the poverty thread.
    Dear randizer,

Go find a topic you understand and can discuss. Cuttin' and pastin' with your commentary doesn't work very well...especially when you are wrong. Find a passage in the Constitution conferring a right to drive or drink, then come back and see me.

CARTEK
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Dear randizer,

Go find a topic you understand and can discuss. Cuttin' and pastin' with your commentary doesn't work very well...especially when you are wrong. Find a passage in the Constitution conferring a right to drive or drink, then come back and see me.

CARTEK
    The constitution does not define what rights exist and what rights don't... Did you realize that most of the drafters of the constitution did not find the bill of rights necessary, because the rights they specifically mentioned were already OBVIOUS?

Thank you for your opinions, though.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Dear randizer,

CARTEK
    You clearly have no understanding what he is talking about. Natural rights are fundamental no matter what the Constitution stays. The Constitution merely defines some of the rights that our government is going to defend (sometimes). Our government does not defend all natural rights and blatantly violates many of them. Natural rights are moral absolutes - the Constitution defines "legal rights." You are two ships missing in the night.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

and one of those legal rights is to "keep and bear arms"

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I'm all for people bearing arms. Well, except for those big, fat women who have that arm jowl hanging down and flapping around whenever they move. Those arms should be covered.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

According to packing.org, which is like a wikipedia or sorts for gun laws, the following is true for Louisiana. The car is considered an extension of your home:

LRS 14:95.2 (C) (5)
    Implies that a firearm contained entirely within a motor vehicle is in a constitutionally protected area and can not be regulated by the state. Our State Constitution only specifically gives the Legislature the power to regulate the concealed carry of weapons. (So anyone can carry a loaded firearm inside a motor vehicle in LA.

Champ MattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the roughMattB is a jewel in the rough MattB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    According to packing.org, which is like a wikipedia or sorts for gun laws, the following is true for Louisiana. The car is considered an extension of your home:

LRS 14:95.2 (C) (5)
    Implies that a firearm contained entirely within a motor vehicle is in a constitutionally protected area and can not be regulated by the state. Our State Constitution only specifically gives the Legislature the power to regulate the concealed carry of weapons. (So anyone can carry a loaded firearm inside a motor vehicle in LA.
    Nice post AG, but I beat you to it. muhahaahaha. j/k

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

You can walk most places with a gun strapped to your hip without a permit. (No schools, bars, courthouses, etc). You need the permit to carry your weapon concealed. You can carry your gun in the car, but it a good idea if you are stopped by the police to inform the officer that there is a weapon in the car and where it is. You don't want to be going for your registration and insurance when a gun falls out. Likely to get shot in the head with some of the idiots that patrol our streets.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    You can walk most places with a gun strapped to your hip without a permit. (No schools, bars, courthouses, etc). You need the permit to carry your weapon concealed. You can carry your gun in the car, but it a good idea if you are stopped by the police to inform the officer that there is a weapon in the car and where it is. You don't want to be going for your registration and insurance when a gun falls out. Likely to get shot in the head with some of the idiots that patrol our streets.
    Tell me about it. A few years ago I had borrowed my brother's car and got stopped for speeding on my way home. I had workout clothes on, so I had my wallet under the seat. Well, when I stopped I reached down and rooted around for my wallet to be ready when the cop got there. When I found my wallet and turned my ahead to address the approaching officer, he had his gun drawn.

Of course, I still came out okay. I did get the ticket, but I was on my way home from physical therapy following knee surgery and he missed the fact that I was doped up on codeine (which was the only reason I was speeding in the first place).

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    You clearly have no understanding what he is talking about. Natural rights are fundamental no matter what the Constitution stays. The Constitution merely defines some of the rights that our government is going to defend (sometimes). Our government does not defend all natural rights and blatantly violates many of them. Natural rights are moral absolutes - the Constitution defines "legal rights." You are two ships missing in the night.
    Ahhhh, the good old, all inclusive "natural rights". Things like health insurance, college education, and marrying the same sex.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Ahhhh, the good old, all inclusive "natural rights". Things like health insurance, college education, and marrying the same sex.
    Nope... read his progression of thoughts elsewhere and you will see that that is not the case.

Natural rights are negative rights, all of these you suggest are positive rights, which have no basis in the natural world.

+ Reply to Thread