+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hibbett Sports

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Hibbett Sports

This weekend after the game, I wanted to go drop a couple Benjamin's on some TECH Jerseys. I was very disappointed to find out that getting a Paul Millsap, Tim Rattay, Luke McCown, Ryan Moats, Jericho Jones, etc. Jersey in Ruston was next to impossible. I called the store tonight to see if there was a way to order some. They explained to me that the inventory is controlled by corporate and they have no say in what gets ordered. I then sent this e-mail to Hibbett Corporate:
    Let me start by saying that I am a HUGE Louisiana TECH Bulldawg fan. This weekend I went to a baseball game in Ruston. After the big win, I was excited and wanted to purchase some TECH gear. I went into the RUSTON, LA store and could not find a single Jersey for anything related to TECH. I was only able to find 3 t-shirts (2 long sleeve) and I purchased all 3 TECH shirts in the store. I hope that this is due to selling so many that they can't keep it stocked! When I got home (Shreveport/Bossier City) I went to the 2 stores here and still could not find any TECH gear. I think that your corporation is missing the boat here with not having regional gear in the stores. I wanted to buy a Paul Millsap NBA jersey, but they didn't have any. I saw the normal guys; the AI, Dwayne Wade, T-Mac, and the National big names, but nothing for any local professional players. I also wanted a NFL Jersey for one of the several TECH players in there; Luke McCown, Tim Rattay, Ryan Moats, etc. I called the store to ask about getting these items, and they claim that they have no control over the inventory and that it is all controlled by corporate. What can be done to make Hibbett sports more kind to the local professional players in their respective home towns??

Are there places around Ruston that CAN sell me these types of items?? I have tried going through TECH, but can't even get a reply about where to get them. I have not been to the bookstore because the hours of operation are inconvenient for my schedule, so if they are in there, then sorry about this rant. I really would rather support the local businesses rather than going to NBA.com, NFL.com and such websites to get these Jerseys.

HELP!!!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Re: Hibbett Sports

I don't remember seeing anything like that in the Tech bookstore, except for the Bradshaw Tech jerseys (I think). It does suck that you can't get these.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

ebay

i got my mailman tech jersey for a lot cheaper than it was priced at the bookstore.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

I find the same problem trying to find tech gear at wal-mart here in ruston. A little grambling and tech, but a LOT of EBRCP crap. It really iritates me.

Puppy nice doggy has turned a few heads around herenice doggy has turned a few heads around herenice doggy has turned a few heads around herenice doggy has turned a few heads around here nice doggy's Avatar

Yeah, i don't understand that either...walmarts actually have local high school gear, but not any local college stuff....i like the message you sent to corporate...that was pretty cool

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nice doggy View Post
    Yeah, i don't understand that either...walmarts actually have local high school gear, but not any local college stuff....i like the message you sent to corporate...that was pretty cool
    THANK YOU!! I've always thought the same thing. Corporate hasn't responded at all.... yet(?)

Welcome to the board, feel free to visit the introductions thread.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Hibbett's response should be "we are now in the business of offering urban ghetto sportswear". Everything else is just decoration.

Puppy linds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the earslinds_Marie seems to have something between the ears linds_Marie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten View Post
    Hibbett's response should be "we are now in the business of offering urban ghetto sportswear". Everything else is just decoration.
    HAHAH thats GREAT... sounds like the same thing I said when we walked in... Isn't that incredible how a SPORTS store has tshirts with RIMS completely covering it.. hahaha... *bling bling*

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Oh, without a doubt, Hibbett is your hip-hop headquarters. They could care less about selling Tech gear.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

When Hibbett opened in Ruston, I applied to work there. With all my experience with dealing with sports and sporting equipment during my years as an equipment manager I was told i didn't have the experience to work there. I guess they were talking about not having any experience in selling t-shirts to dumb teens and not actually selling sporting goods...

+ Reply to Thread