+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XM-Sirius Merger -

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: XM-Sirius Merger -

Now who does this McLovin person work for? During Thursday's shows, both Dan Patrick and Fox & White referred to their call screener as "McLovin." Is that position name an industry standard like Best Boy?
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 01-31-2008 at 10:31 PM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    The TRUTH behind the wreck is beginning to come to lite!

HEY! At least wait until I get the settlement check before talking about that!!

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

DP,

You need to see the movie "superbad" to get all the McLovin references being made of late. The movie is alot like american pie but raunchier.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    DP,

You need to see the movie "superbad" to get all the McLovin references being made of late. The movie is alot like american pie but raunchier.
    Thanks for that. Yeah, I guess I'm out of touch on the reference (or least that'll be what Nick says!)

I just found it highly coincidental that a satellite program and a local program use the same reference.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

I've got a question for you satellite radio experts. I could research this on the internet but instead decided to check with my friends from BB&B. My wife and I want a new (to us) car but our #1 choice comes with Sirius. Because of MLB games on XM, I want XM.

Can a car with a Sirius system be programmed instead to get XM? If so, how is this done? Cost? Benefits? Problems?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    I've got a question for you satellite radio experts. I could research this on the internet but instead decided to check with my friends from BB&B. My wife and I want a new (to us) car but our #1 choice comes with Sirius. Because of MLB games on XM, I want XM.

Can a car with a Sirius system be programmed instead to get XM? If so, how is this done? Cost? Benefits? Problems?
    First year of sirius will be free with the purchase -

Just go and get a plug n play XM roadie
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Just go and get a plug n play XM roadie
    I agree, if MLB is a big issue, get something like the Roady that just uses an FM transmitter. Until the merger happens, there's no way to use a Sirius receiver for XM.

(BTW - If you are buying the car used, the free Sirius subscription may not come with the car anyway.)

The cost is not an issue. I think it's like $100 or something to buy a new one.

The biggest problem is that it isn't integrated with your radio. You just tune the radio to 88.1 (or whatever you set it to) and all of the satellite radio controls go through the Roady. Most people also just plug it in to the cigarette lighter so it is an eyesore (to me). Also, the satellite remote control won't adjust volume. This means that for my radio, I have two remotes.

I have used some XM/DVD Navigation/HD-Radio/backup camera/etc... units that are pretty cool though. If you like that sort of techie stuff, I recommend it even at the ~$1200 price tag.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post

No, totally different equipment.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Thanks for the information. I was hoping for a different answer.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAB View Post

Poor, poor, Doc! I don't know what is worst. You wanting to HEAR them or what you did when you did hear them.......IN YOU CAR!!!!!!!!!
    What sucks for Doc, in any case, is that Playboy Radio is NOW on SIRIUS, NOT XM!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Listened to Archie Manning interview . . . spent lots of time talking about Bradshaw's $200K salary vs. his $600K and how jealous TB and other qb's were of highest salary of the day for QBs.

I love Archie but in this case he was definitely overpaid.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by randerizer View Post
    What sucks for Doc, in any case, is that Playboy Radio is NOW on SIRIUS, NOT XM!
    They took that off XM 2 or 3 years ago.

I did NOT know that they moved to Sirius.

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Now who does this McLovin person work for? During Thursday's shows, both Dan Patrick and Fox & White referred to their call screener as "McLovin." Is that position name an industry standard like Best Boy?

I dont know why DP does it, but Drew (Mclovin) on our show looks exactly like the kid from Superbad,its kind of scary!!! Google image Mclovin.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    No, totally different equipment.
    Yes different equipment but not too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrew View Post
    I dont know why DP does it, but Drew (Mclovin) on our show looks exactly like the kid from Superbad,its kind of scary!!! Google image Mclovin.
    I found that very coincidental. thanks.
    You emceeing rassling in WM Feb. 17?

+ Reply to Thread