+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mardi Gras!!!

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Mardi Gras!!!

Who's going to NOLA for Mardi Gras this year? The Wife and I will be there in full force!

Puppy techbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nicetechbluedog is just really nice

Re: Mardi Gras!!!

We'll be there sporting our Tech colors till the bitter end!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Who's going to NOLA for Mardi Gras this year? The Wife and I will be there in full force!
    Where you gonna be Germ? I'm supposed to be there Sunday for sure, but I don't know where we're going to be.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Dawgbitten will be there Saturday throwing beads from a balcony at the Royal Sonesta on B. St.. Come by and show me something, Dirty! You know how I like your manboobs!

Also, we have a room at the Doubletree. If anyone would like to meet up for Endymion, let me know. Just the wife and I.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Saturday, watching Endymion...eating popeyes, drinking coors light. Sunday, going to the Bacchus ball...Monday, parading, more popeyes, maybe some Danny and Clyde's po boy with more beer...

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

We're avoiding the NO area completely. My girlfriend wants to go down to the Mamou-Breaux Bridge area instead which is fine with me.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    We're avoiding the NO area completely. My girlfriend wants to go down to the Mamou-Breaux Bridge area instead which is fine with me.
    Nothing like watching a bunch of drunk cajuns in white hoods chasing chickens!

Dirty we're staying down town, hotel off of Camp St. forget the name of it now, we'll be on Canal for most of the parades, may go down to St. Charles w/ qng on Fat Tuesday....

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Nothing like watching a bunch of drunk cajuns in white hoods chasing chickens!

Dirty we're staying down town, hotel off of Camp St. forget the name of it now, we'll be on Canal for most of the parades, may go down to St. Charles w/ qng on Fat Tuesday....
    I know, it's a totally different atmosphere down there. More crowd-friendly too. Y'all don't get into any trouble and take plenty of pics to share with this board

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

For those going to Endymion this Saturday, there are a few Tech alum that will be riding. My float has at least 3 I know of. My brother (bjude64), a friend of ours (also a Tech alum), and I will be on float 11B, passenger side, numbers 2, 3, and 4 from the front. We're always on the lookout for Tech logos. I (bad_man) will be #3 and bjude64 will be #4 from the front.

If you're out there, give us a holler!! GO DAWGS!!!

Found out the hotel, Comfort Suites 346 Baronne St, 2 blocks from St. Charles, 4 from the Quarter! http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...075&iwloc=addr

Varsity Bulldog Vettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the roughVettewrecker is a jewel in the rough Vettewrecker's Avatar

Hubby, we're going to be somewhere on St Charles.

So maybe we'll see some of you drunk folks around! Have fun and drink some for me and Dirty!

Champ sik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the roughsik-m-boi is a jewel in the rough sik-m-boi's Avatar

i haven't decided if i'm going to any parades or not, but if i go to any parade it'll have to pass by the WTC at the foot of canal...i have a free parking and bathroom in the WTC. so, if you see a guy who doesn't look like he needs to pee, wearing a tech shirt, near the WTC...that'll be me. say hi.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Any of you people who want a less rowdy crowd to try to enjoy Mardi Gras with ought to drive up to Fayetteville.

Apparently, the merchants want people on Dickson Street to buy beer and food but don't want the real stuff!

Fayetteville hasn't been celebrating Mardi Gras until the past decade or so, but apparently it was getting too close to the real thing for some.

Read the article below and laugh, cry or whatever you feel!

Police, merchants plan for Mardi Gras
    BY DUSTIN TRACY Northwest Arkansas Times
    Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Street closings, bead tossing and turning away minors were some of the issues addressed about Fat Tuesday at a meeting Monday afternoon between the Fayetteville Police Department and Dickson Street merchants.

The groups met in the Fayetteville District Courtroom to talk about how they could work together to assure a smooth night come Feb. 20.

“ The purpose of this meeting is to form a working relationship between the business owners and the police department, ” said Sgt. Matt Partain, the events coordinator for the police department.

Partain told merchants that the department would work the event similar to last year, when officers arrested only three people the entire night.

“ The progression of this thing has gone well, ” Partain said about Dickson Street festivities for Fat Tuesday, more commonly known as Mardi Gras.

In all, there will be 28 officers on Dickson Street that night. There will be a command post set up, and fire marshals will be going from club to club making sure there are no fire code violations.

“ In past years we’ve seen it so crowded in bars that everyone has their beer over their heads because there’s no room to put their arms down, ” Partain said. “ It’s funny to watch, but the fire marshals won’t see it as comical. ”

Partain said this year the police will close Dickson Street between School and West avenues a little later than in the past.

“ We’ll be closing down the road at 7 p. m. at the earliest, ” he said.

In the past, the department closed the roads at 4 p. m. Partain said the change was made in an effort to keep younger people away, specifically junior high and high school students.

Partain told the merchants they will not be allowed to throw beads off rooftops into the streets.

“ People end up climbing trees, poles and each other to get the beads, ” he said. “ We’re just trying to keep people safe. ”

He also said that prohibiting bead throwing will also discourage people from flashing in the streets.

“ Sadly, that usually happens with a younger crowd, ” he said.

Partain stressed that the Fat Tuesday festivities — which include a foot parade and the crowning of the king and queen of Mardi Gras — are not family oriented. In fact, school resource officers have talked to the students at their schools and discouraged them from showing up Feb. 20. The resource officers will patrol Dickson Street that night looking for students, whom they will discourage from being there.

While Fat Tuesday happenings are for adults, Partain said the parade on Saturday is considered a family event, and he encouraged families to come out and see the floats at 2 p. m.

“ We’re looking forward to a smooth event, ” Partain said of both Saturday and Feb. 20.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Friday I'll be in Mandeville watching Orpheus (stop by and harrass duckbillplatty... he's marching with franklinton high as band director)

Saturday I'll be catching Endymion at Poydras and Loyola (right at the end) since my fiance has free parking in the Energy building (and also free bathrooms! Yay!)

Sunday and Monday, will be Bacchus & fake-Orpheus at St Charles and Poydras probably. Then Mardi Gras day will be at some random church.

A friend of mine was supposed to come in from new york today, but the snow cancelled his flight and now he cant get here until saturday.
    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

daybreaker, where will you be in Mandeville? I will be waiting on my wife to arrive and I may walk down the street (live in the Woodlands apts.) to catch the parade until she gets here about 10.

+ Reply to Thread