+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone know if the main runway in Monroe was finished?

Puppy Thor444 has turned a few heads around hereThor444 has turned a few heads around hereThor444 has turned a few heads around here

Does anyone know if the main runway in Monroe was finished?

I am flying home next month and considering how the short takeoff was in December, I certainly don't care to land on a short runway.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Does anyone know if the main runway in Monroe was finished?

I didn't know they were working on lengthening it. It needs it badly. The scariest airplane incident I ever had was landing at Monroe and the pilot missed his mark by quite a bit. I remember looking out the window as we crossed the interstate and told my seat mate we were way high compared to what had always been normal and thought we were going around. We didn't. Really wondered if I was about to cash my chips.

Puppy Thor444 has turned a few heads around hereThor444 has turned a few heads around hereThor444 has turned a few heads around here

I don't think they made it any longer yet, however I think there are some new rules that go into effect in 2010 and there will be a new minimum on runway lenght. Anyway they repaved the main runway and it was closed in the fall. It was pretty scary taking off on a short runway, it would have been nice to have a warning beforehand. I knew all the extra long engine revving was not normal on one of those 2 prop regional puddle jumpers.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

They're taking care of numerous, much-needed repairs at Monore. Just be thankful you didn't get screwed by JetBlue this weekend. There's nothing worse than finding out you have a canceled flight and that they've lost your luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88 View Post
    They're taking care of numerous, much-needed repairs at Monore. Just be thankful you didn't get screwed by JetBlue this weekend. There's nothing worse than finding out you have a canceled flight and that they've lost your luggage.

I did that in January in Jacksonville, FL. I ended up renting a car and driving home 12 hours.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor444 View Post
    I did that in January in Jacksonville, FL. I ended up renting a car and driving home 12 hours.
    That sucks! Btw, it looks as if Congress may get involved now. Hopefully, they'll do something right for a change.

+ Reply to Thread