+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grapevine,Tx H.S. player in Grave condition

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Frown Grapevine,Tx H.S. player in Grave condition

Grapevine baseball player suffers head injury

05:35 AM CST on Friday, February 23, 2007

From Staff Reports
    A Grapevine High School baseball player was hospitalized after suffering a head injury before a double-header Thursday afternoon at the campus.
    The varsity player, who hasn't been identified, was hit by a line-drive batted baseball shortly before 2 p.m., according to Grapevine Police Sgt. Bob Murphy.
    Also Online
    WFAA-TV's Craig Civale reports

The injured player was taken to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. His condition was not available.
    The school's baseball games were canceled for the day. Several Grapevine High School officials declined to comment.
    Phone calls placed to the school district's spokesperson were not returned.
    "It's kind of one of those freaky bounce things," said Tracy Evatt, president of the Grapevine High baseball team's Tenth Man Club. "He was sitting up and was alert and conscious. They put an ice pack on him. He kind of blacked out again."
    Marissa Alanis This was the preliminary coverage by the Dallas Morning News today. Evidently the players were warming up in the batting cages and a batted ball went through holes in two of the protective nets and hit the young man in the back of the head where it joins his neck. He was sitting up and conscious at first but blacked out and was taken to Parkland Hospital ( Dallas trauma center) and is listed in grave condition. We need to pray for this young man.

Thank God for BB&B and the many people who donated the money to relace the worn out batting cage nets at JC Love.
    Last edited by OmahaDawg; 02-23-2007 at 08:07 AM.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Re: Grapevine,Tx H.S. player in Grave condition

Sorry, I didn't mean for all the advertising,etc to be on my post

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

That is the nightmare of every parent of a pitcher. I realize it was in a cage, but I still cringed when I read it. Let us know if you hear how it turns out.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    That is the nightmare of every parent of a pitcher. I realize it was in a cage, but I still cringed when I read it. Let us know if you hear how it turns out.
    First and foremost, I pray that everything works out ok. I am thankful that our Savior still can and does heal.

I get the feeling from this article that the player hit wasn't a pitcher, but was someone standing next to the batting practice net (I wasn't there, just speculation). Is this what BBB purchased for the baseball team last year? If he was behind the safety net and still got nailed, that's poor engineering.
    Last edited by Abominable Gorilla; 02-23-2007 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Incomplete sentence.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    First and foremost, I pray that everything works out ok. I am thankful that our Savior still can and does heal.

I get the feeling from this article that the player hit wasn't a pitcher, but was someone standing next to the batting practice net (I wasn't there, just speculation). Is this what BBB purchased for the baseball team last year? If he was behind the safety net and still got nailed, that's poor engineering.
    I came to the same conclusion as well. It was just when I read the headline, my heart skipped a beat.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    We down here cringe every time one of your boys take the field because of accidents like that. Of course, we know that you can't let that keep you from playing the game, and I enjoy watching those two artists every chance I get, but I'm still not catching Doc anymore. I'm still waiting on some feeling to return to that hand.

He was in an adjoining cage throwing bp when a batted ball somehow got through 2 nets and hit him on the back of the head. The family doesn't want their son's condition released to the public. We can pray.

Puppy LaTechDawg has turned a few heads around hereLaTechDawg has turned a few heads around hereLaTechDawg has turned a few heads around hereLaTechDawg has turned a few heads around here

+ Reply to Thread