+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ULM/Tech baseball: It's now three times the (rare) fun - News Star

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

ULM/Tech baseball: It's now three times the (rare) fun - News Star

A new article has been posted on The News Star:

Whenever Louisiana Tech and ULM get together for an athletic competition, it always generates more buzz.

More...

Feel free to discuss it here

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Re: ULM/Tech baseball: It's now three times the (rare) fun - News Star

AG, here's a riddle for you - How do you move 10 little indians?

The article says there should be good attendance at the games. Hopefully, a lot of TECH and NLU fans will pay the money to attend the game. Maybe those fans will respect the seating arrangements and not be sitting in AG's seat on top of the dugout or in my chairbacks. If they are, I'll get my seats. I have a secret weapon.

Usually by the time my wife and I get to the game some fans of the opponents are sitting in our chairback seats. What works for us is my wife uses her "teacher" voice and tells the fans in our seats to move. They always comply immediately and without any complaints.

AG, we all remember what happened to you the last time you made it to a baseball game and found some cowboys in your seat. I'm just glad you survived after taking on those cowboys. This weekend we've got a different kind of homo sapiens coming to Ruston. Something upset the mojo and the DAWGS got 9 runs down after the cowboy "incident". Instead of taking matters in your own paws or whatever gorillas have, you might try this instead - use a "teacher" voice if some NLU/ULM fans are sitting in your seats. If you have problems, my wife can show you how it works.

Answer to the riddle: Use your "teacher" voice and tell them to move.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

The shirt I will wear tonight might not go over too well with several in the ULM crowd. Hopefully it will remind a few of how bad AG burned them not too long ago.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    AG, here's a riddle for you - How do you move 10 little indians?

This weekend we've got a different kind of homo sapiens coming to Ruston.
    don't you mean "homo"?

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dawg View Post
    don't you mean "homo"?
    OK, I'll admit it, I've never liked NLU--not one bit. Maybe this is because a girlfriend from 40+ years ago went to NLU instead of TECH. After she chose NLU I went to see her one night. I was proud of my TECH clothing on the NLU campus since it was game week. It was not a pleasant experience. I realized that night that we were "unequally yoked" (a Biblical term) so I stuck to dating TECH girls from then on.

IMO, the most disappointing TECH loss in the history of TECH sports came in MBB in 1990 when the highly favored 20-5 DAWGS lost to NLU in Monroe. This loss was followed by a one & done in the conference tournament and the one & done in the NIT. The DAWGS finished at 20-8. The 2nd most disappointing TECH loss I've ever witnessed was in football when the DAWGS lost to NLU. This is why I don't like playing them - a loss to them disturbs me more than a loss to any other school. I have no fear of NLU - I just realize that sometimes they get lucky. There is nothing in sports that is worse than the DAWGS losing to NLU. Even the Astros being swept in the World Series doesn't hurt as bad.

Back to your question - Well, uhh...I wrote "homo sapiens" which means a member of the human race. It could be that I meant to compare cowboys and indians. However, you can read it as you wish for NLU/ULM. Remember, even though we are DAWGS we are homo sapiens by definition too.

From http://www.britannica.com/
    Homo sapiens
    the species to which all modern human beings belong. Homo sapiens is one of several species grouped into the genus Homo, but it is the only one that is not extinct.

I'd like to see NLU/ULM become extinct homo sapiens.

GO DAWGS!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

From http://www.britannica.com/
    Homo sapiens
    the species to which all modern human beings belong. Homo sapiens is one of several species grouped into the genus Homo, but it is the only one that is not extinct.

I'd like to see NLU/ULM become extinct homo sapiens.

GO DAWGS!!
    I agree, ulm types are more like Homo sapiens. Which, by the latest anthropological science, refers to Cro-magnon man. Modern humans are now considered a variety of the Homo genus, specifically Homo sapiens sapiens. Since "Homo sapiens" means "thinking man" modern man is the "thinking man's thinking man." Seriously. I'm not making this up.

So Tech fans are Homo sapiens sapiens, while ulm types are still stuck as Homo sapiens, i.e. cavemen. You know, it's so easy, a ulm person could do it.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You know, it's so easy, a ulm person could do it.
    I'm at a loss for words about your observation about our North Louisana neighbors. It sounds like trash talk to me.

I don't like trash talk- unless NLU/ULM is the object of the trash talk.

My wife and I were sitting in front of some NLU/ULM fans at last nights game. We kept hearing one woman yell "go bucky" (the starting pitcher). After he was relieved she switched to "go warthogs". She was clearly saying warthogs. The warthog is a fierce beast with tusks and would be a better replacement mascot than the one they chose, IMO. Maybe this one NLU/ULM fan didn't understand the name of the new mascot - warhawks.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I'm at a loss for words about your observation about our North Louisana neighbors. It sounds like trash talk to me.

My wife and I were sitting in front of some NLU/ULM fans at last nights game. We kept hearing one woman yell "go bucky" (the starting pitcher). After he was relieved she switched to "go warthogs". She was clearly saying warthogs. The warthog is a fierce beast with tusks and would be a better replacement mascot than the one they chose, IMO. Maybe this one NLU/ULM fan didn't understand the name of the new mascot - warhawks.
    That is hilarious.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    That is hilarious.

It's usually "GEAUX TIGERS" with this bunch...give 'em a break.

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    So Tech fans are Homo sapiens sapiens, while ulm types are still stuck as Homo sapiens, i.e. cavemen. You know, it's so easy, a ulm person could do it.
    That's going to be dry erase board ammunition.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Why is todays game at night?

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

At least everyone at Tech KNOWS WHAT OUR MASCOT IS lol!!!

Varsity Bulldog ULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your time ULM_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dawg View Post

At least everyone at Tech KNOWS WHAT OUR MASCOT IS lol!!!
    Hell they should, its been used enough. Its about as generic as an eagle mascot.

Bulldogs ---

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

It's my understanding that ours is the oldest in DIA with the exception of Yale, can someone verify that? Of course, a ULM fan talking about someone else's mascot not being original does not impress me. How many Indians teams are there?

I will give you some credit though. The fact that you can read means you must be at the top of your class over there.

Varsity Bulldog dogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the roughdogtrooper is a jewel in the rough dogtrooper's Avatar

i've heard the same thing... never from an "official" source though.

+ Reply to Thread