+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ULM/Tech baseball: It's now three times the (rare) fun - News Star

Varsity Bulldog ULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your time ULM_Fan's Avatar

Re: ULM/Tech baseball: It's now three times the (rare) fun - News Star

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Of course, a ULM fan talking about someone else's mascot not being original does not impress me. How many Indians teams are there?
    Nice point there bro..........7 teams.
    I know my little ULM brain may be wrong, but I think you just lost that one.

Indians ---(just for the record)
    Warhawks ---PS, How much does that monkey suit cost to rent?
    I was thinking about getting a peanut suit so I can "GO NUTS FOR ULM!"
    I know it would be impossible to actually watch the game dressed like a retard, but its just soooo clever.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ULM_Fan View Post
    PS, How much does that monkey suit cost to rent?
    I know it would be impossible to actually watch the game dressed like a retard, but its just soooo clever.
    A GOOBER would be the perfect mascot for you retards. I'm not surprised a peanut was the first thing to pop into that goober ULM head of yours.

WHAT A GOOBER!

Varsity Bulldog ULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeULM_Fan Ultimate jerk and not worth your time ULM_Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    WHAT A GOOBER!
    Grandma, is that you?

I wasn’t aware that the word goober was used outside of bingo halls and retirement homes.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dogtrooper View Post
    i've heard the same thing... never from an "official" source though.
    Am I official enough for you?:icon_wink: We are the oldest Bulldogs team in D-1A (since 1901), second oldest if you include D-1AA (to Yale-1889)

In D-1A football, teams adopted Bulldogs in the following years:

Louisiana Tech-1901
    Georgia-1920
    Fresno State-1921
    Mississippi State-1961

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Something smells like burnt chicken...

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Dawg View Post
    Something smells like burnt chicken...
    Anybody good at creative writing? A creative writer could take your comment and write a whole story about NLU/ULM. It could become a classic BB&B story like "corndog".

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Just for the record could someone tell me what a warhawk is?

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Never mind, check this out. It's hilarious. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warhawk

They are either people who are eager to go to war or a video game of some sort. Their real mascot is a bad as the stuff we make up to make fun of them.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I didn't know that the Curtiss P-40 was known as the "Warhawk." That's interesting. For those of you who don't know, the P-40 was flown by that American mercenary group called the "Flying Tigers" in China, before the US entered WWII.

Actually, the famous mouth painted on the plane was actually that of a shark. But the Chinese mainlanders apparently didn't know sharks existed, but they did know tigers, thus they nicknamed the American squadron the "Flying Tigers."

By the way, even though the P-40 was outdated and no match for the Japanese Zero, the "Flying Tigers" enjoyed an incredible kill ratio of something like 20-1.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Anybody good at creative writing? A creative writer could take your comment and write a whole story about NLU/ULM. It could become a classic BB&B story like "corndog".
    I like that idea, and i'll start working on it ASAP...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ULM_Fan View Post
    Grandma, is that you?

I wasn’t aware that the word goober was used outside of bingo halls and retirement homes.

Goober

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Goober could refer to several different things:Quote:
    Originally Posted by ULM_Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tylertechsas
    A GOOBER would be the perfect mascot for you retards. I'm not surprised a peanut was the first thing to pop into that goober ULM head of yours.

WHAT A GOOBER!

Champ TechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant futureTechDAG has a brilliant future

It sounds like warhawks is a good name for a hyphenated, formerly directional, school (for UL-M, and UW-W)... You guys are still pissed because UL-L talked y'all into the ULX thing and then said they were "The U of L" and you were the branch campus at monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Goober

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    Goober could refer to several different things:Quote:
    Originally Posted by ULM_Fan
    mark one more for tyler!!!

Puppy nice doggy has turned a few heads around herenice doggy has turned a few heads around herenice doggy has turned a few heads around herenice doggy has turned a few heads around here nice doggy's Avatar

yeah...that was real clever lol. good call tylertechsas.

p.s. wikipedia is awesome.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I didn't know that the Curtiss P-40 was known as the "Warhawk." That's interesting. For those of you who don't know, the P-40 was flown by that American mercenary group called the "Flying Tigers" in China, before the US entered WWII.

Actually, the famous mouth painted on the plane was actually that of a shark. But the Chinese mainlanders apparently didn't know sharks existed, but they did know tigers, thus they nicknamed the American squadron the "Flying Tigers."

By the way, even though the P-40 was outdated and no match for the Japanese Zero, the "Flying Tigers" enjoyed an incredible kill ratio of something like 20-1.
    Yep. The P-40 was the Warhawk. And local-boy-done-good Gen. Claire Chennault did a hell of a job with them in Burma, etc. and continued to when their P-40's were upgraded by the P-51's.

I was - maybe mistakenly - under the impression that UL-Monroe adopted that mascot as sort of a reference to that. (But all their logos seem to be about birds and not planes...)

After the war was more 'formal', the Flying Tigers became part of the 23d Fighter Wing.

The 23d was stationed for years at England AFB in Alex until it closed in the early 90s, and has been at Pope AFB in North Carolina since. They're still flying the A-10 Thunderbolt II - and still fly with the shark nose art and still keep the 'Flying Tiger' name and insignia.

Funny thing, the A-10 is affectionally called the Warthog....

+ Reply to Thread