+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Too Much Government Control!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Re: Too Much Government Control!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian96 View Post
    Disposal of human remains. Just pour lighter fluid on me and burn me where I drop. Just be sure to let me get good and cold first, just in case.
    disposal of waste

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

mail

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I believe they are talking in particular about the restrictions against same-sex marriages.
    Are there restrictions against same-sex marriages? I don't think the government has any restrictions against same-sex marriages, they just don't recognize them. There is a difference. Exactly what is a marriage? Isn't the purpose of marriage two people who love each other joining together to spend the rest of their lives together? Do same-sex partners need government permission to do that?

While we're naming government controls we don't like, I wish the speed limit were higher on 167 between Ruston and Alexandria and I'd like "80" mph speed limits on the interstate.

I am also highly in favor of removing legislation that bans the wearing of masks in public. These laws are highly discriminatory against certain gorilla suit wearing individuals.

Champ randerizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the roughranderizer is a jewel in the rough randerizer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    Are there restrictions against same-sex marriages? I don't think the government has any restrictions against same-sex marriages, they just don't recognize them. There is a difference. Exactly what is a marriage? Isn't the purpose of marriage two people who love each other joining together to spend the rest of their lives together? Do same-sex partners need government permission to do that?
    According to the United States Government Accountability Office (GAO), there are over a thousand federal laws that treat married people differently from single people.

Now, the issue is that the government should not recognize marriage period (or at least only as a basic partnership as in standard business agreements). I'm pretty sure the government has tried to promote marriage by fostering special privileges for married people (particularly with respect to the insurance companies, etc.). In doing this, they certainly create a government incentive to wed, which does directly discriminate against same-sex couples that cannot wed and get the same benefits (i.e., the government only allows the insurance companies to extend coverage to "families," which same-sex couples cannot by definition be a part of).

It should without doubt be up to those insurance companies as to whom they offer benefits to. So, I'd have NO PROBLEM with State Farm deciding that it wanted to recognize marriage, but only if it was between members of the opposite sex (or only 1 marriage per partner at a time). Perhaps Aflac will offer similar benefits to same-sex couples, and same-sex couples will naturally get insurance where they can get benefits to the levels they desire.

The only tricky part to me is that as long as the government defines liabilities in businesses in accordance with their business structure (corporation, partnership, etc.), I think a marriage should probably be considered a legal partnership. In this case, it is just complicating the economic system to not allow same-sex couples to form the same partnerships as heterosexual partners.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

vehicle inspections
    no sh*t...i bought a brand new windshield just for an inspection...and two months before I had to get another inspection...i had to buy ANOTHER f'ing windshield!!!

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Disposal of human remains. Just pour lighter fluid on me and burn me where I drop. Just be sure to let me get good and cold first, just in case.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

This thread should not have gone so long without updating. Here's another one:

My testicles. I understand that testosterone is a "controlled substance." Does that mean the government is concerned about my testicles? Stay out of my pants Uncle Sam!

My testicles. I understand that testosterone is a "controlled substance." Does that mean the government is concerned about my testicles? Stay out of my pants Uncle Sam!

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

Exactly. The government has no business with your testicles or your girlfiends ova.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

^ Yes. Could it be that I agree with Salty again?

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

^ Yes. Could it be that I agree with Salty again?
    Good to see you coming around to my way of thinking.

+ Reply to Thread