+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burns Resigns as Soccer Coach - latechsports.com

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Re: Soccer coach resigns

Armada, thats a fine looking dog on your avatar!!!!

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Armada, thats a fine looking dog on your avatar!!!!
    Well thanks. Not quite as photogenic your dog...but there's potential.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Re: Burns Resigns as Soccer Coach - latechsports.com

I had to switch my avitar back to show you what a really good looking dog looks like.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    I had to switch my avitar back to show you what a really good looking dog looks like.
    Yeah, I jumped on the showin off your dog bandwaggon.

Puppy SMR00 has turned a few heads around hereSMR00 has turned a few heads around here

I am just going to get on here and ask for everyones support at our games this spring... we have two spring games at home (of which i don't exactly know the times and dates right now.. lol). I WILL POST THE TIMES AND DATES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I can speak for myself when I say that i would love for Coach Rich to be the head coach, and I think that how the team performs this spring can help him... We need all the support we can get. If we can prove that we can win under his lesadership it will help his chances. I can assure you that he is more than qualified for the job... So please come out to our games support us!!!! We need it now more than ever!

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pup88 View Post
    You know that Jen is the one that started the entire soccer program at LTU. There was no such program before she got here. You guys don't give much credit where credit is due. She worked her tail off for 2 years with the help of Rich and THEY built a program that is well respected by the other soccer coach's at the collegiate level. I talk to all of the other coach's and I can tell you I have never heard anything about Jen but positive comments. Just like any coach it is really tough to keep the moral going when all you ever get regarding feedback is negative and what is wrong with the program. If all that is going to be done on this site is BASHING of the coach's at LTU maybe some of you ought to apply and see if the administration will put you to work!!
    Rich would be the obvious choice for the Head Coach's job and I hope that he is given the opportunity. He has been with the program since day one and knows all of the in's and outs so let's just hope that instead of looking outside that it will be seen what is directly in front of them and give him a chance to step in and build the program.
    I can't imagine what you interpreted as bashing Jen Burns unless you think praising Rich somehow minimizes her contribution. I think all the comments above about Rich were in light of the possibility of his promotion to head coach, not to say Burns did nothing. She did a great job of starting the soccer program from nothing and I have never heard anyone say a bad word about her, including in this thread.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I may be guilty of bashing Oakes....okay, I did do that....but I never said anything bad about the soccer coaches. Unless someone took my comment about "hiring someone already at Tech" as dissing the current assistant. Trust me, that was not my intention. It was just meant as another shot across JO's bow. I meant no disrespect toward Coach Burns or Coach Stoneman.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Well for some reason everytime I go to take a picture of Annabelle she has a sleepy look LOL....

BD- what breed is that? He is a good looking dog also, like the coloring and markings.

I agree though I don't think anyone including myself was bashing Jen, she did what she could to get things going and that is appreciated. She was learning on the job and that is difficult. Everyone knows that any coach dealing with Oakes, as an AD, is handicapped before they ever begin.

Varsity Bulldog Bluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by SMR00 View Post
    I am just going to get on here and ask for everyones support at our games this spring... we have two spring games at home (of which i don't exactly know the times and dates right now.. lol). I WILL POST THE TIMES AND DATES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I can speak for myself when I say that i would love for Coach Rich to be the head coach, and I think that how the team performs this spring can help him... We need all the support we can get. If we can prove that we can win under his lesadership it will help his chances. I can assure you that he is more than qualified for the job... So please come out to our games support us!!!! We need it now more than ever!

Let us know the dates and times, and my family will do our best to be there.
    Thanks for posting!

Puppy SMR00 has turned a few heads around hereSMR00 has turned a few heads around here

OK here are the dates and times as promised:

March 24th vs Grambling
    April 12th vs Centenary

Both games are going to be in Joe Alliet Stadium and the times are still being determined. I will post times as soon as I know

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pup88 View Post
    You know that Jen is the one that started the entire soccer program at LTU. There was no such program before she got here. You guys don't give much credit where credit is due. She worked her tail off for 2 years with the help of Rich and THEY built a program that is well respected by the other soccer coach's at the collegiate level. I talk to all of the other coach's and I can tell you I have never heard anything about Jen but positive comments. Just like any coach it is really tough to keep the moral going when all you ever get regarding feedback is negative and what is wrong with the program. If all that is going to be done on this site is BASHING of the coach's at LTU maybe some of you ought to apply and see if the administration will put you to work!!
    Rich would be the obvious choice for the Head Coach's job and I hope that he is given the opportunity. He has been with the program since day one and knows all of the in's and outs so let's just hope that instead of looking outside that it will be seen what is directly in front of them and give him a chance to step in and build the program.
    Just picking on you a little, what'd she do for the other year? She just finished her third year here at Tech.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable Gorilla View Post
    3. Soccer girls are very attractive.
    4. No hands.
    Now is this a rule for YOU?? Or the players??

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

i've heard that someone donated some money to the soccer program and JO then took that amount of her budget for the year...

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdub View Post
    i've heard that someone donated some money to the soccer program and JO then took that amount of her budget for the year...
    I can't believe Jim would do that...

that clown needs to be gone like yesterday.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Puppy pup88 is an unknown pup88's Avatar

Since you obviously coach, I am sure you have spoken to a number of coachs in the sport of soccer. I am personal friends not only with the adminstration but also out of the major sports at LTU I am personal friends with the coach's and or their spouse. I have worked with the soccer program since it began at LTU and I know how hard it has been! When I get to my office I will be happy to name the coach's and school's that have made only positive comments in regards to Jen. My children have attended her soccer camp at LTU in the summer and it was a great camp.

Looking back on this site it seems you have all of the information on everyone that works in LTU sports. I can only attest to the coach's that I am close to and I can tell you that the morale is not good which can't be good for the program or the players.
    Last edited by pup88; 02-25-2007 at 06:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread