View Poll Results: How do you like to shave?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Razor-with the grain

23 41.07%
  • Razor-against the grain

22 39.29%
  • Electric

9 16.07%
  • Other-post in thread

2 3.57%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaving

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

Shaving

Just curious...how does everyone prefer to shave???

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Shaving

Rarely. :icon_wink:

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

...only in the off-season...

Before I was married, I would only go against the grain if I had a date coming up. Now I guess it depends on how much time I have.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes twice a day. One day without a shave and I look like a Yeti.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

When I travel, every day. At home, every 2 to 3 days.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I have an actual Confederate officer's sabre, that I have sharpened to fine edge. I use that.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Oh, but I have noticed an alarming trend among young males these days. Not only do they see nothing wrong with wearing women's jewelry... ...some are advocating shaving other places other than their faces! Yes, I kid you not. I had some young fellows last week, while we were shooting hoops, say, Yo! Mr. Dawg80, you should consider shaving your legs and arms. You are too hairy. I thought they were just joking. But, they weren't!

Holy Cow! the feminization of America really is happening! Rush warned us 10 years ago this was happening, but oh no! some of you thought Rush was nutso. Once again, he is proven right (99.9% of the time).

Sorry, I won't be shaving nothing but my face.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Oh, but I have noticed an alarming trend among young males these days. Not only do they see nothing wrong with wearing women's jewelry... ...some are advocating shaving other places other than their faces! Yes, I kid you not. I had some young fellows last week, while we were shooting hoops, say, Yo! Mr. Dawg80, you should consider shaving your legs and arms. You are too hairy. I thought they were just joking. But, they weren't!

Holy Cow! the feminization of America really is happening! Rush warned us 10 years ago this was happening, but oh no! some of you thought Rush was nutso. Once again, he is proven right (99.9% of the time).

Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

I have an actual Confederate officer's sabre, that I have sharpened to fine edge. I use that.
    LOL...you need to teach me how to do that, b/c i happen to have a ninja sword that i stole from Leonardo of the ninja turtles

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Yo! Mr. Dawg80, you should consider shaving your legs and arms. You are too hairy.
    Yes you should shave yourself, Dawg80. That Chewbacca look isn't working for you and it scares the children.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Yes you should shave yourself, Dawg80. That Chewbacca look isn't working for you and it scares the children.

BleedTechBlue CChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond reputeCChandler has a reputation beyond repute CChandler's Avatar

What do you mean "with the grain" OR "against the grain"?

You've gotta do it both ways if you want a decent shave.

So, both ways, every other morning, with a razor.

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luminaire View Post
    What do you mean "with the grain" OR "against the grain"?

You've gotta do it both ways if you want a decent shave.

So, both ways, every other morning, with a razor.
    Ditto.

My father has worn a beard since I was about 8, so I never had a model to watch to learn to shave. My parents bought me an electric razor when I was about 14 or so, but once I actually had stubble my skin was too sensitive for it. Then Gilette, in a brilliant stroke of marketing, apparently purchased a mailing list from the Selective Service and I received a Gilette Sensor razor when I turned 18. I am about to turn 32 and I am still using it.

Anyway, I just shaved with the grain for years, because I didn't know any better. Then there was a special section about male grooming in GQ in the late 90s which provided instruction on how to shave. I don't remember all the details about speed, strokes between rinses, length of strokes, etc. But I do remember: Lather, shave with the grain, lather, shave against the grain. With this formula I can usually make it about 30-36 hours without looking too scraggly, but I split the difference and shave every 48 hours. Burma shave soap and badger hair brush for the lather. Can't beat it!

Champ Brian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond reputeBrian96 has a reputation beyond repute Brian96's Avatar

Salty already posted this on another thread, but:

www.shaveeverywhere.com Be sure to watch the music video.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

I wish I didn't read this thread. There are some things I just didn't need to know.

+ Reply to Thread