+ Reply to Thread

Thread: As a Fan - we have got to have better

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

As a Fan - we have got to have better

game management out of our press box at JC Love -

I know the guys are trying, but as somewhat of a baseball traditionalist you on play certain music in certain situations -

Mainly you don't play "charge" when the other team is at bat - nor do you play the "dnt, dnt, dnt" sound byte when the other team is at bat -

You ALWAYS announce the pitcher who is warming up on the mound when the swap has been made -

Get a REAL DOG barking or drop the soundbyte altogether -

Guys - the season is almost a month old - atleast we are getting the 7th inning stretch right now - so lets work on the other aspects of game presentation -

BTW - this is why I don't want a jumbotronish board at JC Love - we can't run a simple digital board and work the minimal soundbytes right now without major screwups -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ FishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond reputeFishingBack has a reputation beyond repute FishingBack's Avatar

Re: As a Fan - we have got to have better

I'm bringing a walk-man to the next game so I know what's going on. Maybe they should just broadcast Dave in the shack.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

This SHOULD be elementary stuff.

The dnt, dnt, dnt, dnt...(repeat 3 times) is followed by the familiar Charge lick. Why would you do that when you are on defense?

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

While I agree that we do not have the best cooth when it comes to timing of what I call "diddies," as fans, we are not the best either. It takes a rally for us to wake up. Why don't we cheer and encourage from the get go (this goes for all sports.) It has to be disheartening for our guys to hear an opposing teams fans louder than their own. Quit sitting on your hands and clap. It doesn't take much effort to clap, nor much effort to participate in a "How 'bout them Dawgs!." Every Tech sporting event I go to I end up saying at least once, "Man, our fans suck!" I hate that I feel this way but they do. Case in point, people were leaving Sunday when the game was tied at 9! WHY?!

Let the Red Dotting begin...

JFord

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    game management out of our press box at JC Love -

I know the guys are trying, but as somewhat of a baseball traditionalist you on play certain music in certain situations -

Mainly you don't play "charge" when the other team is at bat - nor do you play the "dnt, dnt, dnt" sound byte when the other team is at bat -

You ALWAYS announce the pitcher who is warming up on the mound when the swap has been made -

Get a REAL DOG barking or drop the soundbyte altogether -

Guys - the season is almost a month old - atleast we are getting the 7th inning stretch right now - so lets work on the other aspects of game presentation -

BTW - this is why I don't want a jumbotronish board at JC Love - we can't run a simple digital board and work the minimal soundbytes right now without major screwups -
    I agree, it is a little annoying. I'm not sure who's in charge but I'm guessing it's probably the SID dept. Maybe we need to send them a little reminder.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by jford View Post
    While I agree that we do not have the best cooth when it comes to timing of what I call "diddies," as fans, we are not the best either. It takes a rally for us to wake up. Why don't we cheer and encourage from the get go (this goes for all sports.) It has to be disheartening for our guys to hear an opposing teams fans louder than their own. Quit sitting on your hands and clap. It doesn't take much effort to clap, nor much effort to participate in a "How 'bout them Dawgs!." Every Tech sporting event I go to I end up saying at least once, "Man, our fans suck!" I hate that I feel this way but they do. Case in point, people were leaving Sunday when the game was tied at 9! WHY?!

Let the Red Dotting begin...

JFord
    I don't neccessarily like "HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS" in all situations - it should only be done and used in certain situations - after a big inning, after regaining the lead, after a win, etc - NEVER EVER WHEN we are trailing on the score board -

"HERE WE GO BULLDAWGS, HERE WE GO" is a much better chant and can be used in all situations - winning or losing - and works perfect with the "ryhtmn cadence clap" -

In baseball - the best thing is the "cadence" clap -

And also - in baseball, unlike other sports its OK to clap for the opposing team after they make an outstanding DEFENSIVE play - that's part of the game

For the most part - our fans are not baseball savvy - they have to be "led or taught" - and if the ones running the "gimmicks" are not baseball savvy, it compounds matters
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

BleedTechBlue.com JFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant futureJFord has a brilliant future

I don't neccessarily like "HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS" in all situations - it should only be done and used in certain situations - after a big inning, after regaining the lead, after a win, etc - NEVER EVER WHEN we are trailing on the score board -

"HERE WE GO BULLDAWGS, HERE WE GO" is a much better chant and can be used in all situations - winning or losing - and works perfect with the "ryhtmn cadence clap" -

In baseball - the best thing is the "cadence" clap -

And also - in baseball, unlike other sports its OK to clap for the opposing team after they make an outstanding DEFENSIVE play - that's part of the game

For the most part - our fans are not baseball savvy - they have to be "led or taught" - and if the ones running the "gimmicks" are not baseball savvy, it compounds matters
    I agree that our fans are not baseball savvy.

I am talking about ALL sports though.

JFord

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

DFM...don't get me started...

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jford View Post
    as fans, we are not the best either.
    JFord
    John Calipari got tired of the golf clap from the Memphis fans the other night and got them riled up.

All it takes is a few leaders to get everyone going.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

You need to get Coach there to lead the way!

+ Reply to Thread