+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Turkey Hunters?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Turkey Hunters?

I know Choudawg is counting down the days. Who else? Where?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Turkey Hunters?

I haven't shot my gun since early summer...

I may take it up just to get out into the woods.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

Can't wait for April 14 in Arkansas. I hunt in the Ozark National Forest mostly and some in a lease I'm in over in White County west of Searcy, AR. The Game and Fish Commission shortened our season by a week and we only get 3 weekends so I'll have to hunt hard and fast.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    going to "listen" this weekend.

fyi, Bren was in on his first squirrel hunt yesterday afternoon. A friend of mine in ruston has a squirrel dawg and we met him at our place in Corinth. Bren has seen me miss a deer and first thing he got to see me miss a squirrel. Dont know who was getting more frustrated, B or me. Anyway, Marty got one and then as we were leaving "Mick" tree'd another and i FINALLY saw him on a limb and popped him. This time im not sure who was more excited B, me or "mick". Mick loves for the squirrels to have a little wiggle to them when they hit the ground. :icon_wink:

Varsity Bulldog beefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nicebeefcakes is just really nice beefcakes's Avatar

Season opens 3/31 in eastern Tennessee. Gobble Gobble

Champ ARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really niceARKDAWG02 is just really nice ARKDAWG02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beefcakes View Post
    Season opens 3/31 in eastern Tennessee. Gobble Gobble
    If they gobble early in Arkansas this year, we're out of luck with the late opening. Hopefully we'll see a year where they're at peak in mid April.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Went sat morning up to juction city to "listen". I had seen three gobblers together during deer season so i went back to that area. walked in about 300 yards off of the gravel road i hunt off of. Blew my owl call and got "cut off" by the gobbler. He was CLOSE but i couldnt tell which direction he was. I waited a while and then did it again. The sucker was like 150 yards down a hill from me. I did the crawfish thing and backed outta the hot zone. I guess those two calls fired him up because i could hear him gobbling for quite a while after i had backed outta there. By then i was just wanting him to SHUT THE HECK UP. Dont need anyone else to find him LOL

Went to another area, where i got my bird last year. I did the owl thing but no gobble. But, I did hear some hens putt'n and feeding in a stand of hardwoods that jet out into a cutover.

I had a good morning

went back this morning on darbonne creek around cross roads and didnt hear a thing.
    Last edited by Choudawg86; 03-05-2007 at 07:59 AM.

Big Dog rbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her gamerbhtech is on top of his/her game rbhtech's Avatar

Getting fired up for my every year trip to Albert Pike! Allways get two baby!

deleted

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    Went sat morning up to juction city to "listen". I had seen three gobblers together during deer season so i went back to that area. walked in about 300 yards off of the gravel road i hunt off of. Blew my owl call and got "cut off" by the gobbler. He was CLOSE but i couldnt tell which direction he was. I waited a while and then did it again. The sucker was like 150 yards down a hill from me. I did the crawfish thing and backed outta the hot zone. I guess those two calls fired him up because i could hear him gobbling for quite a while after i had backed outta there. By then i was just wanting him to SHUT THE HECK UP. Dont need anyone else to find him LOL

Went to another area, where i got my bird last year. I did the owl thing but no gobble. But, I did hear some hens putt'n and feeding in a stand of hardwoods that jet out into a cutover.

I had a good morning

went back this morning on darbonne creek around cross roads and didnt hear a thing.
    Sounds like you got it going on. I thought it might be a good weekend to listen. I got the okay to take my 8yr old on the youth hunt at my Arcadia spot. Think he can hold a 3 1/2 mag steady?

Sounds like you got it going on. I thought it might be a good weekend to listen. I got the okay to take my 8yr old on the youth hunt at my Arcadia spot. Think he can hold a 3 1/2 mag steady?
    you need a camera man ????

if you want to me to go "listen" at your arcadia spot i will. just need lat and long and the times during the hunting season that you'll not be there :icon_wink:

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

If you want to shoot turkeys, go sit in my box stand in Bryceland. They will walk straight down my shooting lanes to the stand within 5 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by shreveportdawg View Post
    If you want to shoot turkeys, go sit in my box stand in Bryceland. They will walk straight down my shooting lanes to the stand within 5 yards.
    dont even tease us that way unless you mean it. LOL :icon_wink:

if you do mean it, there might be a $$ reward in it for ya !!!

I saw a big gobbler this morning in the same spot I've seen a bunch of hens on 2 different occasions in the last couple of weeks. Now if they'll just quit crossing the road so I'll be the only one there opening day. Yeah, not much chance of that happening.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    dont even tease us that way unless you mean it. LOL :icon_wink:

if you do mean it, there might be a $$ reward in it for ya !!!
    Not trying to tease. I see turkeys all the time sitting on the stand. We have been trying to increase the population for the last several years after poaching damn near wiped them out in our woods. Had some guys hunting over bait and taking them with rifles.

+ Reply to Thread