+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turkey Hunters?

Big Dog Pitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the roughPitcherjlt is a jewel in the rough Pitcherjlt's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: Turkey Hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by Choudawg86 View Post
    For Sale: 870 remington with turkey choke, two turkey decoys one jake and one hen, glass and slate call, box call, turkey vest, owl call and crow call . . .. with the purchase i'll include 4 hours experienc of do's but mosty dont's of turkeh hunting.
    Now Choudawg, if huntin' them there turkeys was easy then everyone would be doing it!

This is my 4th year of serious turkey hunting and I have yet to even have a chance at pulling the trigger on my Benelli 12 gauge. So I am going through some serious frustration as well. (man, I sound like Bicknell)

We heard a total of 3 gobblers this morning but they were all on adjacent land that belongs to someone else. We were calling the first one to us and he was coming hot and heavy, but he either got hung up by the barb wire fence or he found some hens before he put an eye on our decoys.

Maybe, just maybe, I will finally get a chance this year. But if I don't I will try again next year, and the next, and the next, etc ...

There is NOTHING like the sound of that GOBBLE on a cool, spring morning either way!!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Re: Turkey Hunters?

LOL, just had a rough day that started out perfect and wound up sick at my stomach. I was actually on 3 birds within 100 yards yesterday of which one i did pull the trigger on.

I finally got my first bird last year after hunting them for 10 years. The one thing i would have done differently over the years was to take offers from folks that wanted to help me or call for me. I'm kinda hardheaded (no response needed from maddawg) and it was just something i wanted to do on my own.

I hunted for all those 10 years around the hico area on land that really had very few birds. But last year an extended family member invited us to hunt with him on his land in Junction City and my life changed.

So, no, im not selling my stuff now, but, at around 7:45 yesteday morning i was willing to take a buck fifty for the whole mess :icon_wink:

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Hey Chou,

I found your turkeys. You've just been hunting in the wrong area.

http://batonrouge.cox.net/cci/newsna...alidatearticle

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Hey Chou,

I found your turkeys. You've just been hunting in the wrong area.

http://batonrouge.cox.net/cci/newsna...alidatearticle
    I hope their houses of PETA members :icon_wink:

+ Reply to Thread