+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ULL game thread

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

Re: ULL game thread

Coach Sim knows what he is doing. It is easy to second guess when things go wrong. Sim has the guts to try and win games. All you out there have a right to an opinion. However, you should think of what is said before spouting it out there. Here is a coach that has sparked the interest in baseball not seen in TEch since I do not know when, if ever as much. His teams are exciting to watch and he is a force to be dealt with. He needs the players to step up and live up to expectations. He knows that it is a long season and he sticks with pitchers longer than normal. I believe to get them confidence and see who can be counted on at conference time. As far as errors, he can only coach, not play. I am sure the young men who are creating errors know what has to be done to straighten them out. I have confidence the coaches can work with them and will get them better. If you followed Tech baseball the last 10 years you will see an improvement in the program.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

I'm not jumping off the bandwagon....I think that coach Sim is the best. Just some frustrating observations....Hudson came up in the 6th inning with no outs and runners at 1st & 2nd. The score was still 2-0 which made it a perfect situation to bunt the runners into scoring position.I don't care if Lafayette knows all our "signs".......that was an obvious bunting situation and if the pitcher won't throw strikes then you walk and load the bases.Baseball is a game of momentum and we killed our momentum twice in that game ( 3rd & 6th innings)The all or nothing approach too many times leads to the agony of defeat. I have complete confidence that these are just early season learning experiences and the coaches will get a better feel in how to use the team to manufacture runs when we face excellent pitching like we did vs. LuLa. Great pitching almost always beats great hitting....so we then go to plan B.....small ball. GO DAWGS

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Very well said falcon.

I am not jumping off the wagon, heck I just got back on it. I think the missed opportunity is what hurts us as fans the most. I have no doubt that this team will be fine and the future is bright as long a Coach Sim his here.

Also, one game does not make or break a team, but if the mistakes aren't corrected we will not improve.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

My comments regarding pitching and defense apply to baseball everywhere. Including the Chicago Cubs!

Whoever said it's a marathon, not a sprint, is right. And all the more reason to focus on those things that allow consistent play over the long haul (the marathon). Good pitching and good defense is what wins consistently in baseball. That is not debatable.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: ULL game thread

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    Very well said falcon.

I am not jumping off the wagon, heck I just got back on it. I think the missed opportunity is what hurts us as fans the most. I have no doubt that this team will be fine and the future is bright as long a Coach Sim his here.

Also, one game does not make or break a team, but if the mistakes aren't corrected we will not improve.
    rabiddawg & dawg80 ......right on.....the future is bright as long as Coach Sim is in control.

+ Reply to Thread