+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grambling Game?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Grambling Game?

Was there a game vs GSU tonite?

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Re: Grambling Game?

Won 10-7 with a 4 run 9th

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    Won 10-7 with a 4 run 9th
    I don't know whether to be excited with the comeback or upset that we had to comeback but that's baseball for you. Hopefully we can use the momentum from the 9th inning going into this weekend as we start conference play.

Puppy hbcu Ultimate jerk and not worth your timehbcu Ultimate jerk and not worth your timehbcu Ultimate jerk and not worth your timehbcu Ultimate jerk and not worth your timehbcu Ultimate jerk and not worth your timehbcu Ultimate jerk and not worth your timehbcu Ultimate jerk and not worth your timehbcu Ultimate jerk and not worth your timehbcu Ultimate jerk and not worth your timehbcu Ultimate jerk and not worth your timehbcu Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Great game.....Grambling will only get better in the future with Rey at the helm and I hope the games always remain this exciting....

I thought when Courtney Jones hit that unassisted grounder to third in the 8th I thought that was Tech's best shot since Jones was put in a situation where he could've broke alot of hearts with a possible grand slam.

Two walks and an error did GSU in during the 9th and the floodgates opened...

The real mystery we'll never know if GSU had an AD in place and a baseball coach hired early on...would Jones have even bothered to leave? He would've been just what the Tigers need now to make a dent in the SWAC with the new head coach and players around him.

I just hope he plays consistenty at Tech.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Clearly the Dawgs are going thru a bad patch right now. Yes, that's baseball. Which is why (kicking that horse again) it is ALL so important to have good (great!) pitching and defense. Those things are present game after game and especially great pitching prevents teams from losing several in row. A strong staff provides a cushion against slumps.

Entering WAC play now, no reason for Coach Sim to hold anything back.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hbcu View Post
    The real mystery we'll never know if GSU had an AD in place and a baseball coach hired early on...would Jones have even bothered to leave? He would've been just what the Tigers need now to make a dent in the SWAC with the new head coach and players around him.
    Not sure about what he would have done but I think the transfer has been great for Courtney Jones. As far as team dynamic and personality, he fits in much better at Tech than at Grambling.

Champ AG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the roughAG_jr is a jewel in the rough AG_jr's Avatar

^I agree...He'll get much better recognition here as well. As far as defense and what not goes...FUN-DA-MEN-TALS CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP!!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Clearly the Dawgs are going thru a bad patch right now. Yes, that's baseball. Which is why (kicking that horse again) it is ALL so important to have good (great!) pitching and defense. Those things are present game after game and especially great pitching prevents teams from losing several in row. A strong staff provides a cushion against slumps.

Entering WAC play now, no reason for Coach Sim to hold anything back.
    The second season begins Friday -

I think its important that we decide on the SS and 2nd base combo - timing and consistently is key to being good up the middle - and flopping the lineup everygame does not build that consistencey -

Lead-off walks are huge with us right now - it seems everytime we give up a lead-off walk - the cat scores -

If this team could cut down the walks by a 1/3 and get settled on a middle infield - I think we will be ok -

Still 12 wins in the opening month is not bad - if we can avg 12 the next to months we will be sitting somewhere around 37 wins prior to the tournament - and 40 wins will still be within reach -

Folks tend to forget - this team is only 1 year removed from 24? wins - they are still learning how to win CONSISTENTLY -

But as you say - it all starts with pitching and defense -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I agree, I think this team is in a little funk right now after we jumped out to good start. As DFM stated, the real season begins this weekend...I feel certain playing Sac St will light a fire under this team.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Hopefully, losing 3 of 5 will be our only "funk" of the season. Last year our young squad went into a 1-9 funk on April 21st starting with the road trip to Sac State.I think the pinch hit 2 rbi single from Bunting last night could've been the spark the team needed going into conference play tomorrow. Our bench finally came to life again. GO DAWGS !!!

Bulldog littledawg50 is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    Hopefully, losing 3 of 5 will be our only "funk" of the season. Last year our young squad went into a 1-9 funk on April 21st starting with the road trip to Sac State.I think the pinch hit 2 rbi single from Bunting last night could've been the spark the team needed going into conference play tomorrow. Our bench finally came to life again. GO DAWGS !!!
    I really think we learned alot from that skid last year. Looks like Bunting has been great at the plate, several of his hits have been pinch hits. He's batting over .600! I saw the last ULM game and the ULL game and P Thomas had pinch hits in both of those games, one a HR. He's also hitting around .400. Nice to have those two guys to come off the bench or start some games. We need to pay back the Hornets.

+ Reply to Thread