+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hybrid Cars/SUVs

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Re: Hybrid Cars/SUVs

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I've have a Ford Escape hybrid for about a year and half now. Other than the engine shutting off when you come to a stop you would never know it was a hybrid. Drives fine. Gets about 30 mpg highway and 35 mpg city.

BUT . . . don't expect to get the tax savings if you make much above minimum wage (which really ticked me off). The people that can afford to spend more for a hybrid don't get the tax breaks, but the people that can't afford to spend more money for the hybrid do get tax breaks.
    shoot, I get 35mpg highway/29 city in my 1996 civic with 170,000 miles on it.

My only problem with hybrids is they look weird (specifically the Prius). I just don't like the looks of it, I would drive one that had a nice normal look to it.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13 View Post
    MPG Champ, MPG. :icon_wink: But we all got your point.

I'm glad you like your Prius. I hope someday there are more Hybrid choices. I heard Chevy now has a Hybrid Silverado they sell in California. I have to have a 4 wheel drive truck so something like that would interest me. We've got to find a way to reduce our dependence on foreign oil and our natural resources in general.
    Yes, mpg........ If I have been typing "mph" all through this, I can certainly see why it was confusing.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaPup View Post
    shoot, I get 35mpg highway/29 city in my 1996 civic with 170,000 miles on it.

My only problem with hybrids is they look weird (specifically the Prius). I just don't like the looks of it, I would drive one that had a nice normal look to it.
    I could fit a Civic in my Escape. :icon_wink:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/suvs/2008escapehybrid/

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

So, for some market research follow up a year and a half later, what did you end up purchasing, AG, and how do you feel about the choice now?

Champ Abominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond reputeAbominable Gorilla has a reputation beyond repute Abominable Gorilla's Avatar

I got a "hybridized" Saturn Vue. The car itself is great stuff. I like my car. As far as I'm concerned, however, the whole Saturn customer service department should be mailed to Antartica. Oh, and I offer my extreme advice to avoid dealing with the Saturn Dealership in Monroe.

+ Reply to Thread