+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Now what?

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Re: Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I trust Sim and the gang to get their stuff together. I think they will correct mistakes and put another run together, similar to the one last season. I just hope it comes at the right time to coast them into post-season play.

Another note, I get tired of these guys on here that keep getting pissed when someone makes a suggestion about what the team should be doing. I didnt see the same guys coming to Bick's defense after some bad football games, at least be consistent. If you are going to use the "he is a coach and your are not" argument, you might as well go around to each thread that makes a suggestion about what any of our coaches should do and whine about each comment. I like Sim as much as anybody, but I dont think he is above criticism. So basically, quit being titty babies when someone makes a suggestion about what this team should be doing. If you dont agree, list why you dont agree and we can discuss it.
    Well I get tired of people who don't know what the hell they're talking about "whining" about what we should've done. I never said Simoneaux was above criticism, but the man can coach. All you so called "coaches" should call in tonight and ask him these burning questions. I'm sure he'd be glad to explain his logic.

Champ GatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGatorDawg has a reputation beyond repute GatorDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KDawg View Post
    No disrespect but I don't have to check with Coach Sim. Has less base on balls than most starters. Sure we would like for opposing teams to throw JJ nothing but fastballs down the middle but it ain't gonna happen for JJ or any of our guys. Not trying to argue but if they were pitching around him or not giving him anything to hit he should have 20 plus walks.
    They are throwing him curves and making him chase the fastballs outside the zone (because he sees so few now). Last game it appeared that he tried to shorten his swing. Give him time and he will come around. Remember Jericho wasn't signed expecting to be a dominant hitter. The coaches are working on turning him into a complete hitter. He is young so a little impatient. Once he gets better at hitting everything then you will see him start to get more walks.

Puppy KDawg is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Juice752 View Post
    They are throwing him curves and making him chase the fastballs outside the zone (because he sees so few now). Last game it appeared that he tried to shorten his swing. Give him time and he will come around. Remember Jericho wasn't signed expecting to be a dominant hitter. The coaches are working on turning him into a complete hitter. He is young so a little impatient. Once he gets better at hitting everything then you will see him start to get more walks.
    Hey Juice, I didn't mean to suggest I didn't think JJ wasn't a good hitter, he's batting .316 and that ain't bad. Its not fair to expect him to have the same year he had last year. I was just commenting on the "they aren't giving him anything to hit" comment. The games I've seen just don't back up that statement.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Second guessing is what sports fans do when things aren't going well. I sure hope they turn around fast.

I second the motion about calling Wade's show and asking him the "why" and "why not" questions. I think he'll answer them to the best of his ability, without dodging them.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Well I get tired of people who don't know what the hell they're talking about "whining" about what we should've done. I never said Simoneaux was above criticism, but the man can coach. All you so called "coaches" should call in tonight and ask him these burning questions. I'm sure he'd be glad to explain his logic.
    BS, Falcon listed out some good things and was backed by DH. Instead of debating him on his points, you take offense that he is questioning Sim and bring up an obvious nonbunt situation to try to debunk his bunting comments. Then, littledawg chimes in with his little smartass comments about how Falcon should apply for coach. Note that Falcon said that he had full faith in Coach Sim to make the adjustments needed at the end and said he had complete faith in him. Falcon is a big Sim supporter, and I have never seen anything different. He was simply giving his observations, but you and littledawg have such a hard-on for Sim that you saw it as attacking him.

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by grimey View Post
    After the year Jericho had last year, he will not see any good pitches. He will adjust and be what he was last year. It is not uncommon for this to happen. All the catchers we have this year are an improvement defensive wise than that past few years.
    all the catchers? not so sure about that. mims was pretty good behind the plate. he was a leader on the field and ran the show. combs is good defensively, but to say all the catchers are an improvement over mims, a 4 year starter, is a bit of a stretch and makes me question your baseball IQ.

Bulldog littledawg50 is an unknown

BS, Falcon listed out some good things and was backed by DH. Instead of debating him on his points, you take offense that he is questioning Sim and bring up an obvious nonbunt situation to try to debunk his bunting comments. Then, littledawg chimes in with his little smartass comments about how Falcon should apply for coach. Note that Falcon said that he had full faith in Coach Sim to make the adjustments needed at the end and said he had complete faith in him. Falcon is a big Sim supporter, and I have never seen anything different. He was simply giving his observations, but you and littledawg have such a hard-on for Sim that you saw it as attacking him.
    Although I do think Sim is pretty hot, especially in those baseball pants, I do not have a hard on for him. Never said I don't ever question him but I just hate to read posts from people stating we need to be doing this or that, need to be playing player A, not player B, pitching Joe instead of Bill and then say how great Sim is and what a great coach he is. Be a man and say he's not doing a good job if thats what you think.

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Now what?

Well said.......I am a staunch Sim supporter and will stay that way even if there are no changes or adjustments and we finish 3rd in conference. I want Sim and the team to step up and be a top 25 team as they are well capable of. GO DAWGS !!!

Champ hambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond reputehambone29 has a reputation beyond repute

hard-ons? i thought i was in the wrong forum for a second there...

Varsity Bulldog grimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around heregrimey has turned a few heads around here grimey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris29 View Post
    all the catchers? not so sure about that. mims was pretty good behind the plate. he was a leader on the field and ran the show. combs is good defensively, but to say all the catchers are an improvement over mims, a 4 year starter, is a bit of a stretch and makes me question your baseball IQ.
    I know nothing about baseball. I come here to get all my knowledge. You were a pitcher I assume. So I have to figure you know catchers. I apologize for all the ignorance. I just think I see some good catching this year. My opinion only. Nothing personal against previous catchers, just noting it seems better to me. I do not know.
    Last edited by grimey; 03-05-2007 at 04:00 PM. Reason: wanted to

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with Falcon--errors are killing us. So are walks and lack of timely hitting. I'm not sure about the third pitcher. I hope we don't have Rupert in there before he is ready as some of you have suggested. That is a real disservice to him. BTW, heard on the news Rupert graduated Saturday. Congrats!

I believe Sim needs to put players in the positions as the situations call for it. With our depth it is hard to say that anybody on the field should be there all the time--especially at catcher. Combs, Thomas, and Richard have all looked good defensively. Apparently even Brady did ok! Our conference travel is tough on these guys. On any give day some guys are fresher than others. Sorry, Falcon--I can't agree all the time :icon_wink: .

Champ falcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her gamefalcon is on top of his/her game falcon's Avatar

Baseball Re: Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by littledawg50 View Post
    Although I do think Sim is pretty hot, especially in those baseball pants, I do not have a hard on for him. Never said I don't ever question him but I just hate to read posts from people stating we need to be doing this or that, need to be playing player A, not player B, pitching Joe instead of Bill and then say how great Sim is and what a great coach he is. Be a man and say he's not doing a good job if thats what you think.
    Overall coach Sim is doing a fine job. He makes the decisions and stategies and i'm sure he is constantly racking his brain on how to make this a better performing team.It's not a fans' place to offer advise to a head coach and I wouldn't think of doing that. I thought it was ok to put your 2-cents in on this board and that is all it is....my opinion and observations. Coach Sim could care less what the arm-chair quarterbacks are saying on BBB.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by falcon View Post
    Overall coach Sim is doing a fine job. He makes the decisions and stategies and i'm sure he is constantly racking his brain on how to make this a better performing team.It's not a fans' place to offer advise to a head coach and I wouldn't think of doing that. I thought it was ok to put your 2-cents in on this board and that is all it is....my opinion and observations. Coach Sim could care less what the arm-chair quarterbacks are saying on BBB.
    That's exactly my point about not singling out the players on the radio show. We offer our opinions and it's all in good fun. Sometimes we take ourselves a little too seriously. Maybe the board should have a disclaimer like those erectile dysfunction ads:

"This board is not intended to replace actual coaching decisions. If you find yourself on the board for more than four hours, you should consult a physician. Overuse of the board could lead to a serious medical condition (known as "get a life syndrome".)

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    That's exactly my point about not singling out the players on the radio show. We offer our opinions and it's all in good fun. Sometimes we take ourselves a little too seriously. Maybe the board should have a disclaimer like those erectile dysfunction ads:

"This board is not intended to replace actual coaching decisions. If you find yourself on the board for more than four hours, you should consult a physician. Overuse of the board could lead to a serious medical condition (known as "get a life syndrome".)
    Hey man what about "Bored at Work Syndrome" or a combo thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post

HAHA

+ Reply to Thread